It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What evidence would permanently sink religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

For example, did you know that there are actually Islamic miracles of healing that have occurred? Many would consider that strange but they have been documented. This doesn't happen all the time but some Muslims have found that when pages of Koran verses are ripped up and allowed to dissolve in water, then that water, when consumed, has shown healing properties.

Well, I wasn't aware of that specifically, but I am not surprised. Belief,faith, is a strong thing.One can believe something intensely enough that it becomes reality.

Don't believe me? I tell you what you do, get off of the computer and think about being physically ill. If you think about it and believe it enough, after a while, you will develop a sick feeling.

Now, with matters of faith. If I truly believe that touching a statue of Jesus is going to heal me of my ailments, it will. However, it has less to do with my touching of the statue and more to do with what I believed would occur when I touched that statue. It's the whole mind-body issue.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
For example, did you know that there are actually Islamic miracles of healing that have occurred? Many would consider that strange but they have been documented....

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I wasn't aware of that specifically, but I am not surprised. Belief,faith, is a strong thing.One can believe something intensely enough that it becomes reality.

Don't believe me? I tell you what you do, get off of the computer and think about being physically ill. If you think about it and believe it enough, after a while, you will develop a sick feeling.

Yes, psychosomatic illness is quite real.

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Now, with matters of faith. If I truly believe that touching a statue of Jesus is going to heal me of my ailments, it will. However, it has less to do with my touching of the statue and more to do with what I believed would occur when I touched that statue. It's the whole mind-body issue.

Faith alone is never enough

Many people with faith have prayed to be healed of a terminal illness like cancer and were not helped.

While others, granted the minority, have indeed been healed - some with little or no faith whatsoever. The technical term that medical doctors use is spontaneous remission but they really can't explain how it happens.

Faith usually results AFTER a minor miracle occurrs, NOT BEFORE - as with those who were healed by a prophet. They did not start out with faith. The minor miracle or miracles convinced them to have faith in the first place

Faith plays a role in emotionally attuning oneself to being aided from Spirit but energy from the discarnate dimensions must still be given in order for a minor miracle to be fully realized. Most of the time and for most people, that energy is not available or given in order for a spontaneous remission or significant healing to manifest.

And that is the case with ALL the world's major traditional religions...not just within Christianity.

I've witnessed telekinetic manifestations and healings that did not even require faith in a traditional god icon. In light of that, the logical conclusion is that faith in a god icon is overrated and frankly unnecessary for a minor miracle to occur.

Moreover, as stated previously, since minor miracles of healing and telekinesis are found in all the world's traditional religions, with none of them really outshining the others, this points to none of them representing divinity that is significantly greater than any of the others.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Paul_Richard]

<< 1  2   >>

join