It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long did you take to join ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I am just curious how long it took members to join ATS after "lurking around" reading posts.I see many new members mention in their introductions that they took 2-3 years to join.It took me only 2 days! I just knew ATS was the site for me! So tell me how long did you "lurk" before becoming a member.And for all of you who are still "lurking", what are you waiting for?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
About two hours. Maybe less. It's a really interesting board so far and I needed a distraction from the hell that is my life.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I read for two years. Before joining. I was scared of their title to be honest.

I knew that the government hanged around here. I have no doubt about that.

Though we may think we have freedom of speech they can make our lives really hard on us.

I just try to watch what I say. Sad isn’t it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I found ATS while browsing the net on my cellphone while I was on my way to work. I was looking for information regarding the "Moon Landing Hoax". I used Google search and ATS was one of the first results for my search.

I went to work. After work, I signed up for my first account.

So for me, about ten hours. No long lurking for me.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
About 10 minutes. I looked at the site, and immediately signed up. Been here every single day since.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
About a year, maybe two I think, I found ATS shortly after 9/11, lurked and finally joined up when I got broadband.

I've kinda grown up with ATS, I was 11 when 9/11 happened, lurked until I was 14 and the rest is history...........

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm being honest when I say this, but I actually stumbled upon this sight on accident. I Googled the Readiness Exercise 1984 Program, REX-84 for short, and ATS was one of the first sites that popped up. As for trolling, it took me about a week to decide whether or not to join. Needless to say, I joined and I have had fun ever since.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
about 2 min
maybe 3 to get the email activation

only joined beacuse i was looking up info on the f-22
also the ads buged me

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Started an account after about 10 minutes.

How in the world could you lurk for two years??

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I hung around the boards on and off for a little over a year. Once I signed up, I was hooked!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I believe it was in June of 2005 when I found ATS. Maybe a month earlier. I join in December of 2005. So that would make it 6-7 months before I joined up.

-tts

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
6 years, if not longer, since I first found ATS.. and about 3-4 months after I discovered the forums

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was looking for more info on the Mothman and through google search I was directed to this site. I looked areound for a bit and joined the next day

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It took me about 2 years to actually join.

I was seeing posts that I could not resist commenting on, and then the rest is history

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It did not take me very long. i started looking at some of the posts and wanted to wade right in so I joined up

[edit on 4/24/07 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It took me about a year, possibly longer...

I actually forgot about the site for about nine or ten months. Then I googled Area 51 and the site showed up.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You gotta love Google! That's how I came across ATS myself.I was a little nervous about some of the topics discussed here, but I've gotten over that.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It took me about 2 years to join. I stumbled across the site while searching for something else. I got hooked on the site right away, but felt intimidated to join because everyone seemed so well-versed in conspiracy theories and I had never heard any of them! I always knew the government was crooked - I believe it always has been. But I have never been very good with history and research and everyone else on the site sounded so darn intelligent! (Well at least most of the members - LOL!)

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My brother sent me the link several years ago and I looked in a few times, it was not untill recently that I took a more indepth look at ats and decided I belong here.:w:

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I sniffed around for maybe two months before I took the pledge...

My name is Beamish, and I am an ATSaholic!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join