It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Disclosure??? - U.N. Debate The Issue Of Making E.T. Contact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
And somehow the logo of United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs is similar to the United Federation of Planets:

www.unoosa.org...

www2s.biglobe.ne.jp...

Another coincidence?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Win 52 like others have said, nice ideas or/and thoughts.

I openly believe that we are not alone, either extrateresstial or by the spirit form.

I do feel that we are in the final phase of ignorance and within the next few years some of us will know, by that I mean I expect the major governments will want to deny it for as long as possible from the masses until it is impossible to do so.

Wolfie_UK

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
And somehow the logo of United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs is similar to the United Federation of Planets:

www.unoosa.org...

www2s.biglobe.ne.jp...

Another coincidence?

Master P, great find.
Seems that UN & NWO are the same

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

"It is also a fact that we have thousands and thousands of registered official and unofficial sightings by observers including pilots, scientists, doctors, police, psychoanalysts and members of the F.B.I. The United Nations and the world have been warned. We are being visited by people from another highly intelligent civilization coming from outer space. Now is the time for the UN to take the lead and set up a system for the defense of Planet Earth as well as a method of con­tacting and welcoming the visitors if they are friendly.

link
mimufon.org...

A top UN Scientific UFO Research Analasyst warns UN in the 60s about the importance of setting up a comitee into dealing with E.T.s

````````````````````````
added 'ex' tags

please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

www.unoosa.org...

www2s.biglobe.ne.jp...

Another coincidence?

HOLY STUFF!!! (sorry, can't swear on here LOL)

Awesome find - wow, who would have thunk?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is a great story and source.
Must be relevant the UN getting involved like this.

Evidence of Children’s UFO and Extraterrestrial Encounters to be Presented at a United Nations Affiliated Conference in Montreal

After being involved with over 1000 experiencers (alien abductees), a former registered nurse, who is now a professional counselor and clinical hypnotherapist, has concluded that alien “abductions” are not only real encounters, but that they are about spiritual awakening and galactic contact. Mary Rodwell is not alone, as a growing number of academics, scientists and politicians, such as the former Canadian Minister of Defense Hon. Paul Hellyer, are starting to support the core of her paradigm shifting views about life in the Universe and that some UFOs are extraterrestrial spaceships.

link
www.informationliberation.com...

```````````````````````
Please read Posting work written by others

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yeah Shadoww that's a nice link.

It's about time professionals start taking the ufo topic seriously. We've been brainwashed all these years that ufology is somewhat of a social stigma.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does seti know more than it is giving away..
If you accept the fact it is well known amongst our Governments that this is real..
Seti sure would know, this paper seems a little fishy..
Seems to be showing a UN and Seti venture in making contact to ETs..
I suggest it has happened..

THE POST-DETECTION SETI PROTOCOL

FOREWORD

This open document is a proposal to begin serious international consultation on the question of future attempts deliberately to transmit electromagnetic signals from Earth to extraterrestrial civilizations. It was prepared over a number of years in the SETI Committee of the International Academy of Astronautics by a special subcommittee under the leadership of Michael Michaud. It has been endorsed by the Board of Trustees of the Academy, which decided to make it a formal Academy Position Paper. It has also been endorsed by the Board of Directors of the International Institute of Space Law. Both organizations consider that the questions raised in the document are of sufficient import to warrant sending it to many nations with a request that they consider bringing it to the attention of the Committee of the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space of the United Nations, for further study, and possible action, on behalf of all humankind. To begin this process, letters will be going out to the COPUOS nations shortly.

link
www.coseti.org...

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Shadoww]
``````````````````````````````
Added 'ex' tags

please read Posting work written by others

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
well, if you believe this guy, It might explain the rush.

video.google.com...

I am pretty sure this is all a rouse for a much more sinister plan however, and unfortunately.

nowheretorun.podomatic.com

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
FYI - I emailed the UN Space Affairs about UFOs and ET contact.

[email protected]

I think we all should. I plan on emailing them daily until I get a response. I also email the White House about UFOs daily. I don't care who I'm pissing off or annoying. I feel like it's my right as an American citizen to get answers. And until I get them, I will continue sending emails.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by classified material]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Please postyour findings, if you get any..
Good luck, and good initiative.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
DISARMAMENT is NOT a good idea when it comes to aliens. They are not a friendly bunch.

I strongly discourage people from signing this thing.

And you come across this confirmation how? Did you sit down with them over pizza and discuss the subtle intricacies of their advanced weaponry. We, as commoners, have no idea of what we might be up against and the last thing I trust is a government led course of action.

That aside fantastic article
I was fortunate enough to have been present when former defence minister Paul Hellyer gave his presentation at Exopolitics. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

brill

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I personally don't think disclosure of contact will happen for a while.
I'm more inclined to think that the 1st step, is to announce that a 'space rock' has signs of microbial life (or remnants thereof).

After the general public has wrapped it's mind around the fact that life CAN appear from outside of our planet, then maybe more documentaries taking a serious look at UFO sightings, rather than the run of the mill skeptic ones or the fruitloop, almost cultist, pro UFO ones (the ones who will swear a reflection of a lamp is a genuine alien craft, even when you can clearly see the switch and post).

Once the public are used to the concept, maybe then they will make their announcement.

I'm not holding my breath for an announcement any time soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBBumblebee
I'm not holding my breath for an announcement any time soon.

I concur.

Haven't they already found microbial life outside of this planet?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
For the record... Paul Hellyer wasn't a former prime minister of Canada, he was an associate minister of defense... just a correction from the first page.

Anyways, I do believe that other forms of life have indeed found us, and have paid us a visit.... but I do not believe they would want to make contact with us. We are far too war like at this stage of our development to be worthy of any contact.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would like to hear more from Win 52 and what made him come to his conclusions. I know that some big things are going to be happening soon, good and bad and I know we are in for a really bumpy right. I cant wait!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

DISARMAMENT is NOT a good idea when it comes to aliens. They are not a friendly bunch.

I strongly discourage people from signing this thing.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by FlyersFan]

i'm sorry, but beings that can traverse billions of miles of space to visit our planet are hardly going to be discouraged by our meager weapons. i'm sure that if they are visiting us they have weapons farrrrrr more powerful than ours, and defenses equally as powerful. this idea that we could fight such beings and turn them back with nukes is frankly ludicrous. not tryin to be rude....but...there it is...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Not to mention they arent going to come all this way just to attack us... we, being the war like creatures, will probably be the ones who are unstable, and not to be trusted with weapons.

Comments like "disarmament is not an option" are prime examples of that.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think its propaganda of the media and influence of religion and governments which give us a violent warlike stereotype. Americans didn't want the war in Iraq, it was Bush. Fact is most people are peaceful, but certain factors will turn man against man, those factors being a president or cult leader or what have you.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
For the record... Paul Hellyer wasn't a former prime minister of Canada, he was an associate minister of defense... just a correction from the first page.

For the record you are wrong too. Hellyer has been a minister of defense.

Paul Hellyer

Early political career

First elected as a Liberal in 1949 federal election in the riding of Davenport, he was the youngest person ever elected to that point in the Canadian House of Commons. He served a brief stint as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of National Defence, and made a good impression. He was then named Associate Minister of National Defence in the cabinet of Prime Minister Louis Saint-Laurent. This post was short-lived, though, as Hellyer lost his seat when the Saint-Laurent government lost the 1957 election a few months later.

Hellyer returned to parliament in a 1958 by-election in the neighbouring riding of Trinity, and became an effective opposition critic of the John Diefenbaker's Progressive Conservative government.

You must have read only this part but forgot to read the rest of his political carer. Here it is:

Cabinet minister and Liberal leadership candidate

When the Liberals returned to power in the 1963 election, Hellyer became Minister of National Defence in the cabinet of Lester B. Pearson. This was the most notable period in Hellyer's career. As Minister of Defence, he oversaw the controversial integration and unification of the Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Army, the and the Royal Canadian Air Force into a single organization, the Canadian Forces.

Hellyer contested the 1968 Liberal leadership convention, placing second on the first ballot, but slipping to third on the second and third ballots, and withdrawing to support Robert Winters on the fourth ballot, in which Pierre Trudeau won the leadership. He served as Trudeau's Transport Minister, and was Senior Minister in the Cabinet, a position similar to the current position of Deputy Prime Minister.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Telos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join