It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting image

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hi all,

I am new here so I hope I have posted this in the correct place for someone to give an accurate assessment of this image. I hoped to upload both images as they are only split seconds apart using burst mode but are very different. So I have just uploaded the unusual one. I have further questions regarding the location of these images, but I'll go there when I know more about this pic. Thanks in advance.

JB

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Looks like a dead tree out of focus to me.

Hmm.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I expected that from someone with nothing more constructive to say. I will find a way to post the other frame, then let tell me if its a tree.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Can't be an out of focus tree. The forground is clear, the background is clear. No camera can be THAT selective.

Hey Jimmy, please upload the other photo you have. It will be useful for compairison.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Interesting shot. Like to see the other frame. The light is low, so the shutter stayed open a little longer, so something moved in front of the camera. What?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by stompk]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cowboy Clint
Can't be an out of focus tree. The forground is clear, the background is clear. No camera can be THAT selective.

Hey Jimmy, please upload the other photo you have. It will be useful for compairison.

The camere might not be. But even a halfway decent photo editing program COULD be.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

here we go. Why would someone bother to go to the trouble of doing this if it was fake?? I wouldnt even bother. Remember, shots taken in burst mode so only split seconds apart.

Cheers all

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmybeam
I expected that from someone with nothing more constructive to say. I will find a way to post the other frame, then let tell me if its a tree.

No need to get defensive about it. Just my immediate reaction to seeing it. I won't make any judgments until I see the other photo.

Edit** Photos posted while typing this message.

-----

So where did these pictures come from? Did you take them? Someone you know?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by nyk537]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I took them with a panasonic FZ7 camera. No lense attachments or filters used. It freaked me out immediately as I reviewed the photos instantly. Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What's the orange dot? A focus light from the camera, or something else.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stompk

That's a reflection. You can see it on the ordinary image as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by stompk

That's a reflection. You can see it on the ordinary image as well.

Yeah, its a reflection of a light.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hmm..

I don't know where else to go with this. I don't think it's anything paranormal though. Just some sort of anomoly on the picture itself. Not for sure what though.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Possible bug or debris flying past the camera...

Something I noticed is that the "Ghost" picture is a shade darker all around than the normal pick. Take a look at the blue tarp thing in the upper right hand corner to see what I mean. How can an area go from light to dark like that in a split second?

Out of curiosity, Jimmy, why were you taking such an unlovley picture of the nieghbor's fence?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Possible bug or debris flying past the camera...

Something I noticed is that the "Ghost" picture is a shade darker all around than the normal pick. Take a look at the blue tarp thing in the upper right hand corner to see what I mean. How can an area go from light to dark like that in a split second?

Out of curiosity, Jimmy, why were you taking such an unlovley picture of the nieghbor's fence?

I noticed that at first as well. The entire picture is darker in the second one. I'm not sure what caused that.

My guess is also a bug flying past, or perhaps a leave falling down? I kind of see that.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Could possibly be a microburst of dust. They can last from just a second up to a few.

This looks like one just starting to form (before the vortex).

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

How can an area go from light to dark like that in a split second?

I would think that the shutter or apature changed slightly between shots even in burst mode, thats the only explaination for that I can think of. I was trying to capture some lightning during a storm.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'd go with the dust microburst or the insect explanation.

That would explain how the entire area went darker as the light isn't fully captured then. (If this ''dust'' or insect would be located on the lens, rather than in front of it)

[edit on 24/4/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmybeam

here we go. Why would someone bother to go to the trouble of doing this if it was fake?? I wouldnt even bother. Remember, shots taken in burst mode so only split seconds apart.

Cheers all

Weird,

You sure this isn't some sort of technical gilch with the camera,

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Maybe Negative energy manifesting itself.
Did u take any more pictures after the ODD one?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join