It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian millitants Declare Truce Is Over

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Palestine Says Truce Is Over

www.abc.net.au

Palestinian militants declare truce over

Hamas' armed wing has declared an end to a five-month-old cease-fire with Israel in the Gaza Strip.

The group says it has fired more than 90 mortars and rockets into Israel in the largest breach of the truce since it came into effect last November.

It says its rockets targeted Israeli communities and military bases, after Israeli forces killed nine Palestinians over the weekend.

Both the political and militant wings of Hamas have blamed Tel Aviv for the breakdown in the cease-fire, citing Israeli aggression in the West Bank.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
After it was announced that Hamas had fired rockets, i found this..
Seems they have fired over 90 rockets into Israel..
Is this the final straw???
It certainly doesnt look good in the middle east.
I think they smell weakness...
Ive got a feeling the next few days will be crucial.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I beleive that Hamas would not have made such a brash move such as firing this many mortars upon Israel if it did not have any assurances from "others", I think you know who I mean.

Hamas is being used as the first step into weakening Israel, I beleive soon that Hezbollah will open another front and keep Israel pretty busy.

Then, dont be surprised if Syria makes a move on the Gollan Heights (I think thats the name of the disputed terroritory) that borders Syria (correct me if I am wrong)

I think Israel will find it hard to resist a stronger response than the previous fighting and this will draw a stern response from the Arab Union......the rest will play out like a chess board.....yes, somewhere along the line the US and/oir Israel will find a reason to hit Iran.

Not looking good.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Your title is misleading

The armed wing of Hamas has said the truce is over, not the territories of Palestine.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
excuse me..
It is ABC who wrote the title..
Not me.
Im only reporting what they say.

they must of realised their mistake and changed the headline,
i will do same.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Your title is misleading

The armed wing of Hamas has said the truce is over, not the territories of Palestine.

Could be, but armed forces are the only thing needed to lure your enemy into another war. If they did fire rockets or mortars into Israel, i wont be suprised if a quick retaliation follows, and we all know how quick Israel is when it comes down to that sort of things. Palestina itself might not want another showdown, but wars happen at the expense of the people's wishes anyhow.

Sadly, the guys with guns get the most attention, and the country itself is the one dragged along with it.

link   
Gee I wonder why the so-called Truce is over;

Israeli forces kill eight, including child, in weekend attacks

In the past 24 hours, Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) have escalated attacks in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT). They have killed eight Palestinians, including a child. Four of the victims were extra-judicially executed. PCHR strongly condemns this latest escalation and the reactivation of the policy of extra-judicial executions, which increases tension in the region and threatens the life of Palestinian civilians.

Killing children?

Extra-judicial Executions?

Yes - very good for PEACE in Israel.

Furthermore;

Israeli military targets young shepherds in South Hebron Hills

In the past ten days, Israeli soldiers abducted several shepherds, including a seven-year-old boy, who were grazing their sheep near Israeli settlements in the Southern Hebron District. In none of the cases did they send them to the Israeli civilian police for the required legal processing.

Yes those terrible Palestinian Shepard Terrorists.

You want to know what TERROR really is?

UK Physicians call for boycott of Israeli Medical Association

Persistent violations of medical ethics have accompanied Israel's occupation. The Israeli Defence Force has systematically flouted the fourth Geneva convention guaranteeing a civilian population unfettered access to medical services and immunity for medical staff. Ambulances are fired on (hundreds of cases) and their personnel killed. Desperately ill people, and newborn babies, die at checkpoints because soldiers bar the way to hospital. The public-health infrastructure, including water and electricity supplies, is wilfully bombed, and the passage of essential medicines like anti-cancerdrugs and kidney dialysis fluids blocked. In the West Bank, the apartheid wall has destroyed any coherence in the primary health system. UN rapporteurs have described Gaza as a humanitarian catastrophe, with 25 percent of children clinically malnourished.

THAT is TERRORISM.

Shooting on Ambulances?

People dying at checkpoints, because they can not pass to get in the hospital?

I wonder why certain people living in Palestine are getting angry...

link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I beleive that Hamas would not have made such a brash move such as firing this many mortars upon Israel if it did not have any assurances from "others", I think you know who I mean.

Hamas is being used as the first step into weakening Israel, I beleive soon that Hezbollah will open another front and keep Israel pretty busy.

Then, dont be surprised if Syria makes a move on the Gollan Heights (I think thats the name of the disputed terroritory) that borders Syria (correct me if I am wrong)

I think Israel will find it hard to resist a stronger response than the previous fighting and this will draw a stern response from the Arab Union......the rest will play out like a chess board.....yes, somewhere along the line the US and/oir Israel will find a reason to hit Iran.

Not looking good.

Yes mate, it doesnt look good..
All we need is someone to give the Israelis an excuse to start attacking Palestine again..
I wonder how long it will take them to do what they want to do and Bomb Iran?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Apparently this was already online:

Hamas Calls for New Terror Attacks on Israel

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – The Islamic militant group Hamas on Sunday called for new attacks on Israel after eight Palestinians were killed in a surge of fighting over the weekend.

Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum urged Palestinians to be prepared for a new round of confrontation.

“The blood of our people is not cheap,” he said in a statement faxed to The Associated Press. “Therefore we are calling on ... (Hamas' armed wing) and the Palestinian resistance groups to be united in the trench of resistance and to use all possible means of resistance and to respond to the massacres.”

Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It was to be expected, apparently.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The pressure Israel has been putting on the Hamas government is now evident. Between continued aggression by the IDF and the Israeli funding of Abbas Fatah movement, they have obviously been pushed to the wall. A violent reaction is not a surprise. Wether or not this will spark off some of the other flashpoints in the area, such as Lebanon, is yet to be seen.

new topics

top topics

join