It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Secret Societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Here is a question that has kept me up at night: If evil secret societies have been ruling us for thousands of years, what is taking them so long to gain complete control? Are there good secret societies who battle them? Conspiracy theorists (of which I am one) usually focus on the bad guys, but are there good guys and who are they?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You mean like the Justice League or Super Friends ?

Seriously though many secret organizations have fought evil over the years like the French Resistance and the OSS for example. When Evil is entrenched in power resistance to it has to be secret to survive.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To answer the Op,s question, yes, there are what might be called Good Secret Societies, or GSS.

I'm certain threw out recorded time there are those who banned together to fight the perceived injustices and evils this world is full of. The members are brought together under the belief that they are doing great work for humanity. But in reality, there is no way for the whole of the members to know the true mission, as, its a secret. Remember, the CIA was good and had good intentions in the beginning. The human element always seems to creep in and degrade the most honorable mission of ANY secret society.

Who monitors these 'Good" secret societies. Who insures what they are doing is noble and just? Who decides who is admitted, and who is declined for membership? Are the members compensated for their efforts, or are they covertly used for the further betterment of the group? What gauge is used to determine if its mission is successful?

What really determines a GSS from the evil SS, or even a wolf in sheep's clothing GSS that is really evil in the long run? Checks and balance! Does it have a system to check itself? Is it enforced?

All organizations must be inspired by something. What is the inspiration, what is the true inspiration for any GSS? How does a member know this? Who is eligible to join? Is it a special bloodline, work history, IQ? What?

A million questions to be asked, but due to the secrecy, none will be answered.

I know of such an organization. It is ancient in origin and in masonry it is mentioned as the "Ancient Ones". They have threw time manipulated humanity covertly. They always seem to start GSS, but in the gauge of life they accomplish nothing. It is as if the world is just a chess board and humanity the pawns. They give advice freely but cower away from lifting a physical hand to help.

Anything with the word secrecy, by its very nature, is not in the best interest of humanity. I tend to agree with President Kennedy on this issue. I also agree with some things must be kept secret in order to fight evil, but if you cant show me the genesis or inspiration of the organization, then I want nothing to do with it, I would be a fool to think otherwise.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
AllSeeingEye, good post. I have this suspicion that there have been many good organizations that started out good but when they attained enough power, all or part of them became corrupt.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

I'm certain threw out recorded time there are those who banned together to fight the perceived injustices and evils this world is full of. The members are brought together under the belief that they are doing great work for humanity.

This sounds sort of like of the Communist Party, which began as a secret society for the obvious reason that its members would have been shot if found out. Their original purpose, after all, was to usher in social justice through the elimination of class distinctions.

But in reality, there is no way for the whole of the members to know the true mission, as, its a secret.

Yet I'm not aware of any secret society that has a mission secret from its members. That would sort of defeat the whole point.

Remember, the CIA was good and had good intentions in the beginning.

I thought the CIA was founded to protect capitalism from the "Red Menace"...in other words, to serve the interests of the wealthy elite by help keeping them in power.

Anything with the word secrecy, by its very nature, is not in the best interest of humanity. I tend to agree with President Kennedy on this issue.

Yet with the exception of the Reagan and Bush administrations, the Kennedy administration was quite possibly the most secretive and corrupt in modern history. Consider Vietnam, the Bay of Pigs, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Each of these stemmed from Kennedy's secrecy, not to even mention his relationship with the Mafia and implication in the death of Marilyn Monroe.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Redpill believe it or not except from our Lord,there are some of us who still give the good fight no matter the cost to our personnal lives
for all of humanity

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Redpill believe it or not except from our Lord,there are some of us who still give the good fight no matter the cost to our personnal lives for all of humanity

[edit on 26-4-2007 by waterwalker]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd say that the majority of them are good. However, the best organizations always leave themselves open to some bad influences. That's just the nature of the universe,I suppose.

I'll be honest, I really have no paranoia in regards to secret societies. I am more worried about the people who are doing things right in front of us, in the light of day, than I am these supposed "secret" societies.That's the God's honest truth.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am one not to believe the masons or any other secret society is controlling the world, but as far as secret societies are concerned, you cannot paint them all with the same brush.

Furthermore, many societies like the masons are made up of several lodges spread out all over the world. I would imagine that some lodges consist of good people and some lodges consist of bad people. It would be unfair for me to say all masons are jerks because the masons in my town are jerks or for that matter it would be unfair to say that all masons are great people because the ones in your town are great people.

top topics

join