It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What would the smartest thing to do be here? I live in the country, but would the best advice be stay here, or because I don't live to far into the country flee to the middle of nowhere immediately and stay away from everyone? Or just hunker down load up the shotguns, resort to cannabilism and sit it out?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would stay put. The fewer people you are around the better.For all survival situations I believe the country is the better place to be.I wouldn't resort to canabalism, but hunting definitely.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
A pandemic is really quite overdue. I have thought about this myself recently. Staying at home is the best bet really.

Even staying in a slightly more populated area wouldn't be a bad thing at all, main thing would be to stay in doors and not go out unless their was no other alternitive. This has some obvious challanges which would have to be planned for in advance, like how are you going to get food - what about your job etc. These would be different for everyone but it can't hurt to plan ahead.

P.S
I would stay away from hunting especially in the event of an AI pandemic, anywhere birds go you could pick it up from.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I read a lot of articles by Mike Adams at NewsTarget (www.newstarget.com). He states that the only real way to combat bird flu is by strengthening your immune system.

Conventional medicine is based on dogma, not science
You see, all you have to do to survive the next pandemic is shift your beliefs about medicine and disease prevention. Stop believing that conventional medicine has a monopoly on health knowledge. The vast majority of people on the planet don't even use prescription drugs -- they use plants and herbal medicines which, by the way, are not manufactured in medicine labs. They're made inside the leaves, roots, stems and fibers of plants. Garlic, for example, contains dozens of antiviral compounds (as well as phytochemicals that lower cholesterol, halt the growth of cancer tumors, and much more).

Pomegranate seeds, blueberries and other superfruits contain the strongest and most biologically diverse antioxidants known to anyone. Green tea, lemon balm, olive leaves and even Traditional Chinese Medicine herbs contain medicine that even the best pharmaceutical scientists could only dream of creating -- medicine to overcome chronic disease, infections and even pandemics. The most powerful antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal chemicals, like the ones found in garlic, are far more effective than the ones manufactured in medicine labs.

In fact, the best-known antiviral prescription drug – TamiFlu – is derived from an active ingredient in a traditional Chinese herb called "star anise." But the drug is only an isolated extract. The herbs work far better than the drugs because they offer a multitude of complementary phytonutrients, not isolated chemical extracts.

Source: Natural medicine may hold solution for bird flu pandemic

Mike Adams wrote a book that you may be interested in checking out:
How to Beat the Bird Flu

Here is some interesting information you will find in the book:

How to be virtually immune to the flu, even without a vaccine.
The real reason people catch the flu (hint: it's not simply "exposure" to the flu virus).
The truth about why flu vaccine shots are all but worthless in protecting you.
How to use this information to survive the coming bird flu pandemic.
The secret, underground "flu cure" that was used by many people during the 1918 influenza pandemic to survive the worst epidemic our world has ever seen.
Detailed explanations of seven different factors that suppress your immune system function and make you more vulnerable to the flu.
Full details on the top 12 herbs for boosting your flu immunity: What they are, how they work and where to get a tincture containing all 12.
The one type of exercise you should NEVER do if you have the flu.

Source: How to Beat the Bird Flu

I've been reading the articles at Mike's website for awhile now and he is one of the few people who really expose the truth and does not get paid to endorse any of the products that he recommends.

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 5-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hunker down and wait it out. Anything else would be running the risk of contracting said superbug.

It helps if you can prepare an emergency kit ahead of time. In a populous area, it would be even more advisable, imho, to hunker down. Limit your exposure, by avoiding contact.

In the country, your worries wouldn't be quite so severe, though I would avoid contact there as well.

Stock up as your financial resources allow. Plan ahead. Sit down with family and freinds and wargame the scenarios.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Hunker down and wait it out. Anything else would be running the risk of contracting said superbug.

It helps if you can prepare an emergency kit ahead of time. In a populous area, it would be even more advisable, imho, to hunker down. Limit your exposure, by avoiding contact.

In the country, your worries wouldn't be quite so severe, though I would avoid contact there as well.

Stock up as your financial resources allow. Plan ahead. Sit down with family and freinds and wargame the scenarios.

I also agree. but yah avoididng contact even while being slightly seculuded is till a good idea=] I've been making a kit for a while and so have other people in my city. its rather scary to watch them like basically fear-monger some of em. like they were buying 6 24 roll packs of toilet parper, 9 24 cases of water and large bulk supplies of food.*non perishable* Some ppl even argued over a case of watcer and as i walk down the aisles they r like our pandemic kit is almost comeplete. hmm.. will hoarding become the norm from now on?

new topics

top topics

join