It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are we feeding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hi,

A few days ago I saw a thread asking if anyone saw strange stuff on google earth. I didnt know about google earth so i went and got it, and have been looking around.
One thing I did, was go over ghettos in NYC. Housing projects are a wierd site indeed. who thought of it? what was the plan? Or just your basic city design with intersections and city blocks.. and highways.

But then I noticed the farms. Farms and farms and farms field after field practially covering the whole country, canada and im sure alot of other heavily populated countries. Sure theres the vast mountains and foests all over but focus on the widspread farms in the US its amazing.
its a good perspective(visual) for how many people there are.
But you have to wonder theres so many farms... is it all for us? How much do we support other countries? Are there other beings we farm for?

someone should see how many countires are covered in farms like this, it would almost have to be for aliens. Or another planet of humans we dont know about.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
america is the world's bread basket. A large portion of our agriculture is exported to other countries. Many of these farms are owned by large corporations, instead of private farmers as in the past. Its big business, one of the largest trade assets of the nation.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh yes, agrobiz is all about money and power. And never mind that there are people, kids, in our country who go to sleep hungry. Because it can be sold on the world market, and the big boys need bigger toys, we cut back on the school lunch programs.

Every time I see those old commercials with What's Her Name from the tv show Archie Bunker I want to puke. While she's busy crying over some kid in Honduras needing money, there's kids right down the road needing shoes for school and a coat for winter and at least one hot meal a day.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for these children. It is terrible that they live in poverty. But let the Vatican, which is super rich help them. After all, the various Popes don't want birth control, and the bible makes it worse with that "be fruitful and multiply" line.

Charity begins at home. Let's feed our own before we feed the world.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
With the freeze a few weeks ago some of our crops are affected we may depend on them for new crops not affected by the freeze such as apples oranges and peaches.. I'm from North Carolina and we may not have any apples or peaches this year. I don't know about the vegtables yet but I'm sure they were affected too.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I wonder how thye're surviving the bee problems that are affecting the world at the moment?

Check out the thread "Bees, the smoking gun"

I was shocked when I saw it

new topics

top topics

join