It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMUS hires high priced lawyer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
News Story

Sources are reporting that IMUS has hired some high priced lawyer talent. Speculation during the IMUS fiasco was that he had a very good law suit case against CBS.

No one knows if he's hired the lawyers to scare CBS ... or if he has something bigger in mind.

Read more - News Story

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Nice, always fun to watch a good trial on TV.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You know, not defending Imus' statement, but there was a rapper, Cameron, Camroon, whatever his name is, that said something just as bad and no outrage... Yet, there are still those who'd say there isn't a double standard.

--

Mod Edit: Do Not Circumvent The Automatic Censors

[edit on 23-4-2007 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know, not defending Imus' statement, but there was a rapper, Cameron, Camroon, whatever his name is, that said something just as bad and no outrage... Yet, there are still those who'd say there isn't a double standard.

Oh, please.

Saying you wouldn't help the cops catch a serial killer and calling girls nappy headed hoes are 2 different things. Please.

--

Mod Edit: Removing SoT's Censor Circumvent

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
A liberal upset about being fired? Welcome to the real world where this happens everyday. If this liberal guy had any talent, he would have had a radio deal the next day with a satellite network. I mean who really listened to this guy?

I'm glad he was canned, referring to women as gardening equiptment is about a low as you can get.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Oh, please.

Saying you wouldn't help the cops catch a serial killer and calling girls nappy headed hoes are 2 different things. Please.

Yeah... You're right. If you wouldn't help the police catch a serial killer, guess what you are. AS MUCH OF A THREAT TO SOCIETY AS THE SERIAL KILLER IS!! There is a big difference. You are right.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't know what the details of his contract were, but if he thinks CBS violated its terms, he has every right to sue for damages.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yeah... You're right. If you wouldn't help the police catch a serial killer, guess what you are. AS MUCH OF A THREAT TO SOCIETY AS THE SERIAL KILLER IS!! There is a big difference. You are right.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Again, please.

You sound like the media; "there's serial killers running around EVERYWHERE, tell us when one moves in next door."

It's a joke. You wanna say someone who hypothetically wouldn't help is as much a threat as the serial killer around every corner, that's you. I'll still be laughing at the absurdity of it all.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
He has a right to sue if he thinks his rights were violated.
And from what I hear, he has a good case against CBS.
However, in the end, I'm VERY glad he's off the air.

My prediction - CBS will buy him out .. pay off his contract and not put
him back on the air. It will be settled out of court.

Actually - I wish this wouldn't be settled out of court. I'd love to see
everyone dig into this and expose hypocrisy as well as nasty radio
content. But in the end - IMUS will get paid by CBS and this will
go away - IMHO.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
That's what I was thinking FF, a nice fat out of court confidential settlement that will allow him to go on to another contract yet still get a nice payoff from CBS.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

--

Mod Edit: Do Not Circumvent The Automatic Censors

Not only do the rappers use terms like Imus did, but yesterday evening I was flipping channels and happen to catch something on BET about it.

There were a couple guys talking about what happened, and one of them said, "You know what Imus said was despicable....but he was right. Those are definately some nappy heade hoes." Everyone was laughing and rolling around like it was hillarious. None of them were ACTUALLY offended by what Imus said, they just to pretend they were for the sympathy.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You wanna say someone who hypothetically wouldn't help is as much a threat as the serial killer around every corner, that's you. I'll still be laughing at the absurdity of it all.

You want to talk about absurd? Absurd is when someone makes a comment that if he/she KNEW there was a serial killer next door he/she wouldn't report it, simply because they don't want to be considered a "snitch." Then he tried to equate it to his "ethics."
That is absurd,and you trying to defend such a comment is even more absurd. Grow up.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Saying you wouldn't help the cops catch a serial killer and calling girls nappy headed hoes are 2 different things.

Yes .. and of the two it is MUCH WORSE to help a serial killer escape simply because someone cops an attitude. Imus looked like a loud mouthed idiot ... whereas serial killers take lives.

There is no excuse for anyone saying that they wouldn't help cops to catch a serial killer. None.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Womans golf team here bought the name "Nappy Headed Hoes" for their team. Should be an interesting summer. Blonds you gotta love em

mikell

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Oh, please.

--

Mod Edit: Removing SoT's Censor Circumvent

Fine ill tell a serial killer your address and let him live next to you, he'll be nice and safe around you.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yes .. and of the two it is MUCH WORSE to help a serial killer escape simply because someone cops an attitude. Imus looked like a loud mouthed idiot ... whereas serial killers take lives.

There is no excuse for anyone saying that they wouldn't help cops to catch a serial killer. None.

Please.

What Cam'ron said was a HYPOTHETICAL. Hell, he didn't even come out and say this on his own; he said it when Cooper spun the don't snitch thing. What Imus said was an ATTACK.

Neither one should be fired for each comment, though. But, Imus already was. Too bad for him. At least he has a cold attorney in his pocket, or, bleeding his pockets, I guess.

As for the excuse, I don't need one. I wouldn't help cops catch a DAMN thing, not even AIDS.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

As for the excuse, I don't need one. I wouldn't help cops catch a DAMN thing, not even AIDS.

Your comments are beyond ridiculous. Like I said, grow up.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Fine ill tell a serial killer your address and let him live next to you, he'll be nice and safe around you.

And I'll notify Homeland Security that you moved a serial killing TERRORIST next door to me. We'll see how safe you'll be in Guantanamo Bay.

Get outta here. I'm not one of those cowards you are used to dealing with.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Your comments are beyond ridiculous. Like I said, grow up.

No, you WAKE up.

Everybody doesn't love Johnny Law. Everybody isn't all, "gee, those boys in blue sure are great, I'm soooo glad they're around, they make me feel sooooo safe. I don't know what I would DO if I couldn't call them to save me from those evil criminals. They're everywhere."

"You sure can trust a cop, yessiree Bob. You can count on them to do WHATEVER it takes to get those bad guys. They SURE do serve and protect me, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, yessir. You gotta love them for risking their lives for me EVERY SINGLE DAY."

Many people see the pigs for what they really are in most cases. Criminals more threatening than the street variety because they have the badge and the law backing what they do.

You need to get rid of that 1950's America pipe dream. It's not like that now, and it wasn't even like that then.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Truthseeka, if I wasn't so amused by your posts, I would place you on ignore. Instead, I just placed you on my "Foes" list. You have a good day now, ya hear?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join