It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Joel Osteen fans out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm a proud member of Lakewood Church and proud of the evergrowing success of my hometown church. I never really went to church growing up, my family was not religious, but in recent years I've found a true life light in Joel Osteen. He's not fire and brimstone. He's all about life lessons. When the guy speaks I listen because I've seen my own life change because of his teachings.

This is an a-typical Dr Love post but I just wanted to give a shout out to Lakewood Church and Joel Osteen, a truly great human being!

Watch him if you can, he can change your life.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Listen to his next message as though you have no clue about what is written. As though you are lost. Have no clue about salvation. What it means, and why you need it.

Then see what substance one comes away with.

Viewing his message through eyes I once had. A good summary of salvation would be more of a pick me up, anti depressant type thing, that just makes my life here on earth all kinds better, richer and fuller and you name it.

The reality is, without Jesus Christ you are going to hell. That's reality. If it were about a better earthly life, muslims wouldn't be beheaded after conversion by their own families. Countless believers wouldn't be persecuted all over the earth. If one understands the reality of salvation nothing will make him fall. Because he knows he's dead eternally without it. Them that kill the body don't phase him.

If somebody doesn't have a clue what they are being saved from, they will likely "fall away", because they never got a grasp on the reality of it. The second any persecution comes, chances are they'll drop it. Especially after confronting (or being confronted by) some as I have on here, for a fine example.

The idea is to point people to a church rather than the bible. How can somebody spot a "good bible believing" church, if they first don't have a half way decent grasp on what is written? It's a sales pitch.

The end result are people who fear man rather than GOD.

It's like Jesus' parable of the sower. The only difference is, it's like the sower pouring concrete and casting his seed on it.

Matthew 13:20-21
20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

If one ever grasps the reality of hell, the days of twisting the gospel to please the flesh are over.

Read this dream if you didn't see it in the other thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
WiseSheep

I'm not sure about the tone of your post. Are you saying you're not a fan of Joel Osteen? I'm a bit confused after reading that.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
WiseSheep

I'm not sure about the tone of your post. Are you saying you're not a fan of Joel Osteen? I'm a bit confused after reading that.

Peace

I'm a fan of Jesus Christ. All else falls short.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think he is considerably more tolerable than most evangelists. Yes.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

join