It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people on ATS are fans of NASCAR?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'll jump in, since no one else has. First of all, I don't get the whole "hate Jeff Gordon" thing. He's a great driver and a decent human being. And I understand being a passionate fan of Earnhart. But Earnhart and Gordon were friends fer cryin' out loud.

Now Tony Stewart I can't be objective about. He's a local Indiana guy, so I pull for him. Actually, Gordon grew up right down State Road 136 from me. He was in Pittsboro, IN. A California transplant, though.

Yeah, I wish Stewart had a little more restraint. He pops off a little too much sometimes. But he reminds me of AJ Foyt, too. Another guy known to have a bit of a temper, but can drive anything from a riding mower to a land rocket and be competitive.

Not to go too far off-topic, but my all-time favorite driver is probably Gary Bettenhausen.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Jeff is a great diver and so is Tony, but fans cross the line when they diss the drivers. I won't call them fans though. I think that Jeff is a great drive, but I don't like his personality. He's too cocky.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Sorry if I wanted to watch things go around in circles Id get my wifes cat a toy!

NASCAR sucks

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What those fans, and I'm using that term loosely, did was disrespectful and distasteful to the sport. Even though I don't agree with everything that NASCAR does, I do agree that the punishment was the right thing to have done. Even though there were more fans that threw stuff than what they could determine, the punishment was just.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I agree that the punishment was propler, but I would not call them fans after they disrespected NASCAR at Talladega. I may like Jeff Gordon, but I don't disrespect him enough to do what they did. I'm not saying that Jeff Gordon is a bad driver though. I think that he is a great driver, but I don't like his attitude though.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This thread is just like it's topic it goes around and around and around, pulls off for a short while and then off it goes again: around and around and around.

But soon I fear the race could be over, with carnage all over the track and the fans being rather rude... apprently!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Here is a thread about the COT design for NASCAR. I started 3 different thread about NASCAR. The other one is about Dale Jr. leaving DEI. COT design for NASCAR

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
NASCAR used to be a very big deal in my hometown, but now that we have no races at "The Rock" I'm finding it difficult to enjoy the sport as I once did.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by CelticMist]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
NASCAR should have stayed at Rockingham.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
NASCAR rocks!! I'm a huge fan! Dale Jr. is my fav. Kevin Harvick, Tony Stewart, and Clint Bowyer are my other favs. I personally am disappointed with the cars, and have been since they got rid of the chrome bumpers. But what can you do. I don't particularly care for Brian France either (see also; putz). I'm very happy that there's no Bodines in the field anymore. They just wreck people. I do not like them Bodines at all. I'll be flagging your thread. Good job.
However, I'm kinda p#ssed that you beat me to the Jr leaving DEI deal. (I'd would of liked to had those points.)

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
GO Dale Jr! He is my favorite driver. I was a fan from his rookie year. This is a little random but, I'm thinking about starting a thread about Dale Jarret racing the truck. Should he race the truck?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm totally with you on the Jr deal, but dude...You gotta drop the D.J./truck thing. I think you'll get a dead thread with that one. You'd proabably get a better response from people if you started a thread called "bar soap vs liquid soap, What's your pleasure?". If you'd like, we can put it to the test. You do D.J., and I'll do soap. What'd'ya think?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Are you serious? If you are, sure. We can give it a try.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Cool. I'll start mine tonight. I'll post a link in this thread tonight. Game on!.

[edit on 5/16/2007 by bjshobbes]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I absolutely detest Nascar, however when I was in college we took our mocking game to another level...well it was just another excuse to drink.

It is simple. Just dont shave for a week or so, so you have some good growth, then shave everything leaving a nice redneck moustache. Once this is complete, pick out your grungiest pair of shorts, a wife-beater and a mesh hat. Once all this is taken care of, go to your local beverage sales location and pick up a case of either Busch Original or Bud Heavy. Set up an old lawnchair, drink yourself silly, and act like you give 2 sh*ts as to what is going on.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just to be sure, you want me to start a thread about Dale Jarret, Right?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That's correct. You start your thread about the D.J. and his truck, and I start a thread about...he-he...soap. After we create our perspective threads, we post a link here, and/or u2u each other with a link to said threads. You game?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I absolutely detest Nascar, however when I was in college we took our mocking game to another level...well it was just another excuse to drink.

It is simple. Just dont shave for a week or so, so you have some good growth, then shave everything leaving a nice redneck moustache. Once this is complete, pick out your grungiest pair of shorts, a wife-beater and a mesh hat. Once all this is taken care of, go to your local beverage sales location and pick up a case of either Busch Original or Bud Heavy. Set up an old lawnchair, drink yourself silly, and act like you give 2 sh*ts as to what is going on.

Good for you. I hope you enjoyed yourself. So, are you saying that because someone enjoys NASCAR, they're an ignorant, unshaven, slob of a human being with poor taste in beer, and belongs in a trailor park?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by bjshobbes
That's correct. You start your thread about the D.J. and his truck, and I start a thread about...he-he...soap. After we create our perspective threads, we post a link here, and/or u2u each other with a link to said threads. You game?

Here's mine...www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here is the link to my thread... Should Dale Jarret Race the Truck?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join