It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people on ATS are fans of NASCAR?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of NASCAR! People think that NASCAR is a redneck sport where cars turn left in a circle... Well it's NOT!!!
For one, it takesa lot of endurance to drive on of those cars. Driver have passed out in the cars due to temperatures up to 140 degrees!!! If the power steering goes out on Talledega, your screwed. If the power steering goes out at Martinsville, you'll survive. Anyway, I'm just curious about how many fans are on ATS.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Im not a big Nascar fan, but to go and see it live in Daytona would be cool. My uncle is a HUDGE Nascar fan! I do know that his favorite racer was Dale Earnhardt, but I dont know who it is now, maybe its Earnherdt Jr.? Last time i went to my uncles house he was watching a Daytona 500. He tries not to miss any racers. LOL. Hes completely quiet when the race is going on

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Raises hand. I am a huge NASCAR fan here.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Definitely a big fan and have been for years. My fav driver in the beginning was Kyle Petty.I put my favs now in your other thread.I love to kick back with Pizza,Beer and Doritos and watch my races. My kids know that you don't bother mommy while the race is on- ask dad.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can't stand it. You have a bunch of suicidal maniacs racing their cars around a track 500 times. You never know who's a head or who's behind and by the time you figure it out, it changes. I never have liked NASCAR

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm a huge NASCAR fan. I hate it when people say they hate NASCAR because they think that you just dive in a circle for hours. There's more to NASCAR than what they think. I must admit, I'm a huge Dale Jr. fan myself, but I was a fan before Dale Sr. died.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm guessing that there are not many NASCAR fans on ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Come on, there has to be more fans!!! Anyway, for those NASCAR fans on ATS, how did ya'll like the Talladega race?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
For me the Talladega race would have been better if Jr. won. Being his dad's B-day and all. Well it would have been better if any one but the Hendrick team won! Now that Jr. has his 51% at DEI I hope to see some changes. There talking about having four cars on the team next year. Can't wait to see that 8 car back in victory lane. Even when he has a good car he just doesn't seem to be able to catch a brake. Like Shrub (KB) plowing him at Texas. Well at least he had a good finish for points. Also Truex Jr. coming in 10, two DEI cars in the top 10 looks pretty good.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am a NASCAR fan, even though I don't make a point to watch every race. I haven't watched much since Earnhardt Sr. died, since he was my favorite. I don't really have a new favorite, but I can't seem to bring myself to like Jeff Gordon. Anyone else feel the same?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I agree with you too. I don't know why I hate Jeff Gordon, but I just do. It's weird.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What a Wonderful sight to see !!!

I do miss seeing this on raceday......

Looking forward to a Richmond win Saturday Night under the lights

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I know your looking for people that like this errr sport, but they go around and around and around and around. It's just like Formula 1 Loads of money flying all over the place, playboy drivers and dull dull viewing.

The only good bits are the crashes and they could be shown in about 2 mins at the end of the nightly news.

The cars rock, the races suck! IMO

Rant over. Normal viewing will resume shortly...

Edit: Grammar

[edit on 1-5-2007 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I still rarely miss a race on the weekend and manage to see a few races every year with friends. There is just something about the roar of those engines - you can feel it deep in your chest. I was a huge Alan Kulwicki fan - a true underdog who won it all. It broke my heart when he was killed.

Can't help but love it!

Bleys

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1
How many people on ATS are fans of NASCAR?

Only since Marcus Ambrose moved to the US to have a crack at it.

I'm a huge V8 Supercars fan though, thats here in Australia for those rev heads that dont look outside their own borders.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
What a Wonderful sight to see !!!

I do miss seeing this on raceday......

Looking forward to a Richmond win Saturday Night under the lights

A lot of people would hang you for being a Jeff Gordon fan. LOL.

I happen to be a fan of NASCAR crashes and technology, not necessarily a fan of the drivers, crew, or teams. A good race is full of edge of the seat competitiveness a few spectacular crashes and drivers who walk away.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
IT seems too fixed....I hate Gordon

and its too boring unless you are center of the track live.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here is a tribute for the Indimidator

I did not want to post the last lap of the Daytona 500, but here is a video of the last few laps of the Pepsi 400 at Daytona 6 months later. This was a milestone in Dale Jr.'s racing career.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hurray! Hurray! My fav driver won the race today!WooHoo!Nice tribute to Virginia Tech as well.You go Jimmie Johnson!Did anyone else see the race today(May 6)?Nice to see him keep Gordan in his rearview mirror.HAHA!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just curious because everyone is dissing the "Rainbow Warrior", what are your thoughts on Tony Stewart? Sometimes I think he acts like a spoiled brat with all his temper tantrums.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join