It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points For Work Units

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No worries pyxsul!!

We are a small, but nicely formed, (and very well behaved) on-line community!!

Let's go ATS S@h team!!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
That is more important that being "just a number."

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
That is more important that being "just a number."

It certainly is Oswald!! Here, we are trying to "identify" who's who on the sats board, primarily so we can allocate points for wU's crunched (figures suggested in the past indicate 20 points per WU, but that hasn't been ratified).

However, the really *important* thing is also know who's "donating" their computer time freely, and recognise each other in board discussions, IMHO. It all helps engender a sense of "belonging" and, hence, a real feeling of community and friendship.

Cheers Oswald!!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'll prolly drop my acct info when I return home from work in 3 days...Go ATS!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oswald
I'll prolly drop my acct info when I return home from work in 3 days...Go ATS!

Have a safe trip back home Oswald!! And, look forward to seeing you "race to the top of the board!"

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
just testing my sig (ATS S@H banner with link)

Seems like this points for WUs thing is coming to fruition from the banner on the board. Any more news?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
just testing my sig (ATS S@H banner with link)

Seems like this points for WUs thing is coming to fruition from the banner on the board. Any more news?

Not that I've heard. This was "put on the back burner" a couple months ago. Guess they've been busy with other things.
Keepa Krunchin anyhow, I'm sure they will get around to it one day.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hi folks!

Well, nothing heard from here, so I'll raise this with the "powers that be" asap. I *know* there has been tremendous growth in the board, and initiatives like the "Ring" hunt, and TerrorAnalysis.com, etc, which have all been fantastic achievements in establishing the overall success and profile-raising of ATS, so I guess the "Points for Work Units" issue has been put "on the back burner". However, it is a development that has been long "promised", so a timely "reminder" might not go amiss!

Catch you all later!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I am working on joining the ATS SETI@Home team, but I'm at work right now. I think that titles would be a really cool thing to do for the SETI@home workers who do things that are just as important as Writer-Fighter-Scholar. Keep up the good work, hopefullt one day we'll get them. -Muzz

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by muzz]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I aggree we should recieve points

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Points would be gladly accepted. An answer would be even better on getting points or not.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I had a word with SkepticOverlord in chat recently and he said that the points for work units scheme was on hold for now but not forgotten.
So don't worry it will be happening at some point in the future.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
I had a word with SkepticOverlord in chat recently and he said that the points for work units scheme was on hold for now but not forgotten.

Thanks Pantha!
Glad to hear that. I wonder if the point system would apply to Boinc also?

Baked

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I had a word with SkepticOverlord in chat recently and he said that the points for work units scheme was on hold for now but not forgotten....

Cheers pantha!!

Excellent news - thank you for asking (I rarely go into chat here, as I'm a poor typist and can't keep up with the flow!!
)

Well, we await news with great interest - what will we "spend" the points on??!!

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genya...what will we "spend" the points on??!!

That's easy. I want an AboveTopSecret e-mail address!

The new version of BOINC is so much faster than the previous betas that credit is starting to pile up rapidly. Installation is pretty easy and the program is running smoothly for me. When the big switch comes we are going to be in great shape.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreThat's easy. I want an AboveTopSecret e-mail address!

The new version of BOINC is so much faster than the previous betas that credit is starting to pile up rapidly. Installation is pretty easy and the program is running smoothly for me. When the big switch comes we are going to be in great shape.

Hi Spectre!!

Yes, the email address will be a nice addition to ones "toys" for sure!!

Thanx for the confirmation about BOINC: I've yet to even join the ATS team, or run BOINC here, as I'm concentrating solely on SETI@home with my resources!! I've got Sinchron (where he??) in my sights now, although DirtyDevil is going to "overtake" him very soon (at 40WU's a day, DD is racing!!)

However, once we reach the milestone for the transition to BOINC, I'll "decamp" and get crunching - all you Beta testers are ironing out the bugs for us "late starters" and *our* team should really cruise up the rankings!!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Any updates lately

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
i just added my 3887 work units to the ATS Team. No need for points or anything, just thought they could help.

when i installed boinc it asks for a project url i put in www.abovetopsecret.com and it says negatory..is it wrong url for boinc?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Check my new BOINC tutorial: www.abovetopsecret.com...

the URl you're needing is setiathome.berkeley.edu...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just red it and got hooked up!! Thank you

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join