It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points For Work Units

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I finally managed to set up the banner as a link in my sig.

check out this thread for some info on how to do it.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I forgot the most important thing which is to thank UniversalFiction for the banner.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
...I forgot the most important thing which is to thank UniversalFiction for the banner...

No problem

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...[/img]

Sorry folks - still trying to get the image into my signature!! I followed pantha's thread about how to do it but I still need to hack away at the method, me thinks?

Sorry - I *think* I also totally obliterated my earlier post too: essentailly, UF: VERY many thanx for creating the banner, which I'll certainly *try* to incorporate as soon as I can work out *what* goes *where*

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Genya]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Keeps getting better UF

Does anyone know why
we can't get an answer or status there of, on the points question, this whole thread is the reason for being in the first place

Anyone

Please
or

I cant get the image to work and I've been sitting here too long to effort it anymore.
Ill try later....

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Does anyone know why
we can't get an answer or status there of, on the points question,

I cant get the image to work and I've been sitting here too long to effort it anymore.

Hi baked!!

Just to update you and everyone else:

I U2U'd both Theyre Here and Nyeff on 1st Jan regarding both these points ie "Points" and "Status" bar but, as yet, haven't rec'd a reply from either (this *isn't* a complaint, as I expect Christmas/ New Year has interrupted "normal" proceedings). It certainly has for me!!

The text of the message I sent was as follows:

" Hi Theyre Here!!

Happy New Year to you and yours from UK!!

Theyre Here, there are discussions taking place on the ATS SETI@home team board about the possibility of having a "status" bar for team members - similar to those attached to Writers, Scholars, Fighters, etc and/ or the possibiity of additional points being allocated to these posts. Some members feel this would give an incentive to others to join the team. The thread of this discussion can be found at

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

as you are almost certainly aware?

Theyre Here, could this be raised with "the powers that be" please? I would approach them directly but feel it is only right that I ask you and Nyeff.

Thanx very much!! "

As regards the "Signature" image/ banner I've also hit a bit of a brick wall too - despite using pantha's thread it *still* baffles me!!

Back to the drawing board, I guess??

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Sorry folks - I've used *this* thread to manipulate my signature to link to the ATS SETI@home statistics. Thanx to UF for the banner and pantha for suggesting the thread in BTS about *how* to make signatures link etc

[Edited on 5-1-2004 by Genya]:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genya
UF: VERY many thanx for creating the banner, which I'll certainly *try* to incorporate as soon as I can work out *what* goes *where*

Keeps getting better UF

Any time folks. Glad you all got it setup without too much trouble

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction

Any time folks. Glad you all got it setup without too much trouble

*Fab* stuff UF: yes, managed to set up the signature following about 6 attempts I think.

I'm very sorry for linking to *your* web space previously by the way, UF.and for the delay in removing this: mea culpa
Still, hopefully no (lasting) damage done - and the new sig looks the biz!!

Thanx again UF - way above vote to you!!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I U2U'd both Theyre Here and Nyeff on 1st Jan regarding both these points ie "Points" and "Status" bar but, as yet, haven't rec'd a reply from either (this *isn't* a complaint, as I expect Christmas/ New Year has interrupted "normal" proceedings). It certainly has for me!!

Just to say I rec'd a reply via U2U from nyeff (THANX!) this evening (UK time) and we expect a definitive reply soonest, once this has been discussed by Admin, etc. Will let you all know the outcome asap...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm very sorry for linking to *your* web space previously by the way, UF.and for the delay in removing this: mea culpa
Still, hopefully no (lasting) damage done

Heyyy, no worries! Sorry if it sounded demanding! There was no hurry to do so - it's just that it's been a problem for me in the past - you'd be surprised how quickly you can go over your bandwidth allowance when other people/websites link to images stored on your server!!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction

Heyyy, no worries! Sorry if it sounded demanding!

Cheers UF - I'm much obliged to you - and I'm sure others are too!!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I guess this is a "dead issue"........oh well

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This matter, as with Genya's comments and thoughts for 'tags,' is and has been peddled/presented before DISC.

Keep the community spirit guys and continue to strive.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
This matter, as with Genya's comments and thoughts for 'tags,' is and has been peddled/presented before DISC.

Keep the community spirit guys and continue to strive.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Seekerof]

Cheers Seekerof!!

Well, the team certainly *has* got a GREAT spirit about it - and has grown very well over the past month, as I'm sure Simon, etc, will know?

We're not asking for "special" priviledges as such but feel that "recognition" of our collective efforts *might* encourage others to join ATS SETI@home team and, hence, increase our profile - and that of ATS itself - accordingly.

Thanx again, Seeker, for the update!!

Go team!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think points for WU's is definetly a good incentive to join. I already figured ATS was highly popular, but I'm slowly realizing it's not as much as I thought it was, which amazes me because this site has so much good stuff on it. Maybe points could be distributed based on how many total you have? I don't know too much on how points are given, so I won't suggest any amounts that might be ideal. If the team did make it onto the Top 200, like previously stated, that is a lot of free advertisement so to speak.

Edit: Removed extra word

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyxsul
I already figured ATS was highly popular, but I'm slowly realizing it's not as much as I thought it was, which amazes me because this site has so much good stuff on it.

What do you mean by this? ATS is what you personally make it. Every person has the ability to make it good, or bad. You've been a member for 21 days !!!! You can judge it being here less than a month?! I am not flaming you...just pointing out the obvious. If this isn't what you were trying to say in your post, I apologize in advance, but it really bugs me when new members come on and spew diatribes upon ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hi DL!!

I *think* what pyxsul was saying, was that although ATS *is* popular, it's not as "well known" as it ought to be??
Especially, as pyxsul says "....which amazes me because this site has so much good stuff on it."

Perhaps the comment was also intended to support the ATS SETI@home team, as well, in so much as "points" might encourage more to join the team/ join ATS - and hence increase our overall "popularity"??

Apologies if I've got this wrong but thought I'd add my two pennorth...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We will get there!
The wheel is in motion now and the Admin is working on something (don't know exactly what just yet).
Once we start moving up "rank" in the "clubs" list, the ATS link will be seen and clicked. Untill then, I guess it will have to be word of mouth

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

We will get there!
.... Untill then, I guess it will have to be word of mouth

Or, well placed "begging emails" in folks inboxes?!! JOKE! - one *doesn't* spam!!

We're doing fine baked - just look at the progress since "46 000WU" was posted on 12th Dec 2003? Amazing!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
My intentions were not to put down ATS. I was simply saying I thought it was a lot more popular (more visitors, etc.), but since I've been a member only 21 days, I'm now finding out that it's not as big as what I myself projected it as.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join