It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points For Work Units

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Maybe if we offered points for WU's people would join.

I know the team is growing, but I'm sure we would all like to see it grow bigger.

Maybe ATS could offer points to join and match points with WU's.
Shouldn't be much points, just enough to inspire ppl to leave their cpu's on or to spark some interest in the program.

I know it's a long shot, but I would like to see us in the top 200 teams soon.

Any ideas or comments on this?

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Maybe if we offered points for WU's people would join.

Hi Baked!!

Well, it seems a good idea to me!! There has been some discussion on the board about having some sort of "Status" tag, like Writers, Scholars, Fighters etc get, so as to demonstrate that "such-and-such" a person is a member of the team. "Points" would seem feasible as well - certaily, it would be "nice" to think our efforts were appreciated by ATS (I'm sure they are!!)

Happy New Year Baked!!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
yes I agree that points would be an insentive. Have you had any feed back from william about the status tag? Or has it not been brought to his attention yet?
The best thing that we can do at the moment is to mention seti in our signatures.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hi Genya,
Happy New Year!
Maybe this will be the year we make contact

Anyway, I see people at the bottom of the list that joined but have not produced any WU's.
Some have been there fer months with "0" wu's returned.
I'm sure they sign up with every intention on pertisipating but kinda ferget or just loose interest.
Points might inspire ppl to take that extra step.
A tag is a good idea too. We have Scholor, Writer, Fighter, how about "EXPLORER" or "WATCHER" Maybe as a tag.

Just an Idea!

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I like those suggestions baked . How about seeker ?
do any other members have any suggestions? perehaps we could have a vote to pick the best that describes us.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Watcher, Seeker, Explorer, ET Hunter.....

How about SeekerOf as a tag.....just kidding

Hope the ADMIN think it's an alright idea.

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
yes I agree that points would be an insentive. Have you had any feed back from william about the status tag? Or has it not been brought to his attention yet?
The best thing that we can do at the moment is to mention seti in our signatures.

Hi pantha!!

I *haven't* U2U'd any of the moderators as of yet but will happily do so to "flag" this with them, if you would like me to? I suspect they will know of our thoughts anyway, if they are watching the board discussions (how could they not?!
)

All ok on the SETI signature: perhaps we could "standardise" this signature, so that members are all saying the same thing - and will at least recognise each others posts??

What do others in the team think please?

Go ATS SETI team!!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe our man DarkLancer can make a banner if he is up to it and has time.
He is good at making graphics.
Or anyone else that any good at it.
I for one am not creative enough right now (outta weed)

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yeh I'm outta weed right now too, arg. I think that some kind of acceptance of the SETI team here at ATS would be good. I think 'WATCHER' would be a great tag. I'm not sure if points would be good, but it would get more people on the team.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Yeh I'm outta weed right now too, arg. I think that some kind of acceptance of the SETI team here at ATS would be good. I think 'WATCHER' would be a great tag. I'm not sure if points would be good, but it would get more people on the team.

If it gets people on the team then points would be good.
An incentive for those that think it's all crap to pertisipate (sp?) and get something out of it too.
All those zeros on our team page at the bottom bother me.
Not to mention, if a signal canidate was found by our team, the site name and link would be put on a page of signal canidates, where the link to ATS could be seen on a page, that over 4 million people have the potential to look at.
I believe that just being a seti member means that they are likely to be interested in ATS content. So this is a great Ave of exposure for ATS.
Even if we get our azzes on the top 200 team board we would be seen by many more people, thus exposure.

I hope what I'm saying makes sence.....lol
A seti@ATS banner or something with a link could be placed in other places creating more exposure
Just some thoughts!

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
A seti@ATS banner or something with a link could be placed in other places creating more exposure
Just some thoughts!

Yeh I agree. I never knew this existed until a little while ago when I actually found out and joined. I think our team does need more support.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yup I think the banner would be a good idea. A few of us have got the

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

link but I don't know if people always take note of links in peoples signatures but they wouldn't miss a great big in your face seti banner would they.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok we need somebody to design one. We also need to ask the Admins if we can advertise the members of the SETI team and possible include points rewards. These things can't be given to the 30 + people who have 0 data though. Whats the point in joining if you arn't even going to run the program and help?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Agreed earthtone, I think the ones who arent contributing need to be removed from the lists.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just fired up my old seti crap machines and joined the group. 8 computers I want points

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Well somebody needs to bring this up in board questions. I'm not sure if I'm the best one to do it seeing as my last thread there was locked! We need to ask for more adverts for our SETI team and points rewards to those who are loyal? I think that will help the team alot

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Well somebody needs to bring this up in board questions. I'm not sure if I'm the best one to do it seeing as my last thread there was locked! We need to ask for more adverts for our SETI team and points rewards to those who are loyal? I think that will help the team alot

You already asked about points?
Why did they lock it?
L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Nah I asked about putting a drugs discussion forum into BTS! After about 8 posts william just said no and locked the thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I could see the potential for abuse of a forum like that tho.....
There is room in most the other forums for the topic, I guess.
It could fall under medical and / or science.

Back to the matter at hand.....

I thought that admin would have read and replied to this thread by now.
Maybe they will....
Or, maybe they are working on it....
Guess I will ask on board questions

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
here is the link to the thread in the board question forum where I asked.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I may be wrong, but I don't see why it would be a problem.

L8R
BAKED

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join