It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physical Immortality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by biggie smalls
This is meant for the discussion of the possibility of such people, not whether or not your dogmatic beliefs will allow you to agree with the OP.

Well, that certainly isn't the purpose of the thread according to the OP. Doesn't say anything about the "possibility of such people existing".

He (assuming male) claims to know not only that it's absolutely real, but will divulge everything except the names of the "good ones". Including how to achieve physical immortality.

So that's the purpose, as the OP laid it out. Not the discussion of the possibility, but the nuts and bolts reality.

And we're waiting.

Well if you don't believe me at least consider the possibility
Form my perspective this is fact, from yours it may be diffrent,

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hmm you dont seem "above" anything sorry. fighting with ignorance is the most ignorant way to deal with it. maybe youre karma is of another group of humanity so you wont get sick etc. ? maybe you have other lessons to learn.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissension
I would find this topic interesting, but can't for all of the condescending arrogance from the author. I mean, come on! How many times can you tell us that it will come out and to be patient before the BS flags start waving? You talk about kharma, yet you lob fireballs of patronizing drivel at people asking for proof. Please get to the point and lose the attitude.

Please explain "the condescending arrogance from the author"
show me

I have other things to do in my life, and this is just one,
What is it you expect?, some sort of brief disclosure that will give you all the information you need, sorry I wouldn't even if I could, this is a very large subject, but you want it all now-now-now, well again sorry not going to happen, take it or leave it,

and
"You talk about kharma, yet you lob fireballs of patronizing drivel at people asking for proof."

Hey I thought I was being restraint, lol, and not "patronizing drivel"
at all, but again you are free to think what you like,
Just remember I'm not at your beck and call, I have a life too

And whats this got to do with Karma? please explain

"Please get to the point and lose the attitude"

Please don't try to tell me what to do

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dhaerma
hmm you dont seem "above" anything sorry. fighting with ignorance is the most ignorant way to deal with it. maybe youre karma is of another group of humanity so you wont get sick etc. ? maybe you have other lessons to learn.

What do you mean "above"?

What you're saying makes no sense at all,

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well I know we are immortal because Jesus Christ said so.

I believe we have an immortal soul, but I also believe in the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. So yes, I do believe in bodily immortality. After all, Jesus did rise bodily from the dead, did he not?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoww
Yeah, we are waiting lol...
You will wait for eternity to get facts from that kid..

Not a Kid,

He has given nothing, i cant understand why he has even several flags , unless he has multiple characters lol..

Ho thats sad,

If you want me to prove you wrong, give me some evidence apart from the verbal cack you are spouting...
You aint got a scooby do pal..
And your punching much to far above your weight in taking me on.."

LoL, thanks for the laugh, yourself image must be interesting

Until you come up with proof or even good theoretical argument, i will continue to say you are full of BS.

Think what you like, believe what you like, but if you are just here to try to attack me personal get out of the thread

You have obviously been watching too much Highlander.. .

Point of fact, I can't stand that film,

Are the good ones safeon holy ground?
Is jacob Kell one of the baddies..
If you only get your neck partly cut, like the Kurgen will it heal up??
Is sean connery really the oldest man in Scotland?
Why does connor mccloud get older in each film?

these are very important questions on immortality

Only if you have a problem separating Fact from Fantasy,
in that case go see a Shrink, I can't help you

i want answering..
One iota of evidence is nothing to ask for..
The other BS in saying blah blah blah..you know nothing of what you talk about..
If i know nothing i know more than you, because so far you have given less than nothing

"If i know nothing i know more than you" lol how does that work out?

I'm not here to give somebody like you anything,

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab
I know alot of you all want proof of something like this, but you gotta understand
it's not that simple. My father is what I would consider, very wise & very spiritual. I understand exactly what Harper means.

I think I'd like your dad,

I do not know if it's true, but I think it's quite possible.

Ohh...& for the record Harper, I never said I didn't believe in immortality. I said I don't believe in physical immortality. They're very different.

I know, and theres is a form of immortality just for that type

I think living and dying, but remembering your past lives is true immortality.
That's if we have past lives. I would like to think so though, but the fact is I do not know. I can't remember my past lives, so I do not know. How am I to know if you're just delusional & remebering things that never happened?
How am I to know that we're in some form of alien/spiritual experiment where everything we think we know is just that...a thought?

Who am I to know this? Who are you to tell me that this is so?
That's how I think...and that's why it's hard for me to fully believe in any one thing.

That is understandable, but For that all I can say is keep an open mind, ask me anything that you think would help, And I'll do my best to answer them, never surrender your own judgement, not to anyone, the ones that will try and help you will help you to support yourself,

People who don't are out for their own ends

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
There is a guy named Alex Chiu who sells these magnets you wear on your little finger and feet while you sleep and they are supposed to reverse the aging process. I am wondering if the way to acheive this state requires more than a mindset but some kind of physical theraputic work.

I don't know, I don't think it would hurt other than your wallet maybe,
I know magnets can help will certain illness

Looked at this way: If everything that vibrates in the universe is really an illusion, and the only real and true thing is "LOVE" or whatever you wish to call it, and it has no vibration, it just IS, then what would be the point of keeping an illusory vibratory vehicle going on and on and on??

If I come up to you and pinch you do yo feel it?, this plane is real

Another point, this ascension process the earth is allegedly going through at this time is supposed to take us to a higher dimension and our bodies will go through a change as well-are you alluding to this or what??

It's going through this prosses all the time, and in time it will change people and the world for the better,

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

No Dogma or propaganda, if you find it boring don't read it, Karma is not trash but that just goes to show how much you know, and how is it controlling people?

hmmmm, how is karma just a belief made to control people? lets see. well, unlike you, i will take time to debate someones opinion, rather than respond with, well, nothing. although you could have took the time to respond to what i said with something decent, explaining your points of view. you instead choose to just respond like a kid who is incapable of actually debating his point of view. let me do this before you have to leave the library, kiddo.
i dont recall saying it was boring. dogma is only natural, but when it comes to spirituality, and religion, its usually just whobla that id rather not include within my system of beliefs. we dont need to list the many innane beliefs within the history of spiritualism, and religion, that we now laugh at. some are good, ethical, and moral, but some can be left behind. i do still recognize good, bad, moral, ethical, etc... as still being subjective to each person. you shouldnt need me to type examples of what i mean by that. but back to the task at hand. dont wanna get to side tracked

if you admit to the fact that the way you have in your head to reach immortality, that you as of yet, have not told us even a smidget about, is not the only way to reach it, then it seems to negate your belief in ridding yourself of negative karma as the way to reach immortality. did you not say that reaching immortality deals heavy with karma, and the act of releasing yourself of "all" your negative karma? you did. moving on. so where are we now. your telling us that we have to relieve ourself of all of our negative karma in order to achieve this state of being, but yet there are those that are more malevolent with there new found power. so what made them the exception, sir?
are you seeing the contradiction with what you have stated begining
to unfold? or is there something you are leaving out about this karma business? you should actually go read what you intially typed at the start of the thread, and notice how much sense it does not make. especially when you come in here spouting about this and that, like you have this uber theory for immortality and psychic powers, but yet you still have provided nothing. lets take a look at karma

the basic ETHICAL purpose of karma is to basically behave. but behave by who's standards is what im curious about? basically it is, you do good things, you get good in return, and vice versa. but seeing as though good and bad deeds are within the eye of the beholder, then who is to tell me that punching someone in the eye will produce negative karma, when it very well may have been what that person needed to realize a truth about him/herself. regardless of the reason.
what if me getting pissed and knocking some dude in the eye and swelling it up, caused him to realize something about himself. he could be abusive to his girlfriend, and me knocking him the hell out, and humbling him, caused him to make a change in his life. like, not abusing his girlfriend, or other folks. i understand that on the same hand, he might have to be putting out money he has been saving for medical bills, and or missing work, etc...
so who is dictating the lesser of two "evils" in this case. should i have not gotten irritated (for whatever reason. its a complete hypthetical) and hit him in the eye, causing him to possibly lose money, work hours, etc.., or should i have done it, causing a nice chain reaction in his life, that would lead to him changing in a "positive" way?
its all dependent on what you believe. if you believe that there is some god somewhere or some universal law that is so above us, that it has the right to tell us what we can and cannot do, then so be it, but its limiting to me. call me a rebel i guess. karma itself is believed differently within other spiritual groups, 2 b cont.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
here is immortality
home.powertech.no...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
as i was saying. karma varies a bit from one spiritual system to the other. to be a bit more specific. janism, buddhism, and hinduism all take different stand points on your universal truth. some spiritual systems not even having such a belief based within their system of "truths".
so here in lies the paradox. good deeds bring forth good whatevers, and bad deeds bring forth bad whatevers, but what if the deed i did although maybe considered bad by most ethical standards, or the standards of the "one" individual, or thing, dictating this karma business, is actually good for that person, or the people around him, or the people in the future that will encounter him that he doesnt even know yet. what if. so what is truly good and what is truly bad. hell, even an insane psycho might think killing babies is the greatest thing ever, but does that make it truly good? i dont believe its a good thing to do, and neither will 90% of the population, but looking at a bigger picture, as politically incorrect as it is. who am i to tell him whats good, and whats bad.
the fact that good and bad are so subjective, will forever be part of the cause of turmoil on planet earth. free will is our greatest gift, and greatest enemy.
now do you understand why karma was created to control people. although its intent is good, its still limiting, and i dont like to be handicapped. its up to you to decide what you want to believe. i think ive typed enough for you to understand my point of view, and use what ive typed to solve any other pieces of the puzzle, that i may have not included. i formed that base, it should be no problem for you to build the fort now.
we will forever be limited in our beliefs as human beings, but i try to take the lest limiting path that i can. thats why i choose not to bother with karma, and all this good/bad nonsense. if i do "good", then so be it. if i do something "bad", then so be it. id rather not have to worry about cause and effect every time i say something, or do something. i would enjoy just being able to do it. my mind is naturally always reaching outside the box trying to break free, and my lack of belief in karma is one of those things i dont mind leaving behind.

you still have yet to drop any knowledge. what i have just done, is what you should have been doing. explaining yourself, sir.
you still have much more to learn. educate yourself some more before you start doin all this talkin.

Man that sounds an awfull lot like how ritual magic works, doesn't it, is that what your in to?, that would explain alot,

ritual magic explains alot? what does that mean. i have my reasons why, if you would like to debate the issue, id be more than happy to explain some of my beliefs. sepcifically when it comes to ritual magic. it is not my sole way of going about achieving things, but i do considerate it an easy way to begin to start the reprogramming. then from there, you move on. dont want rituals to be your handicap. anyways. just figured id address that real quick...
i think im done for now.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by jimmy1200]

[edit on 24-4-2007 by jimmy1200]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Immortality already achieved
mortality a state of being
remaining in one state a choice
understanding beyond one's plane not achieved

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
when i mean "above" i mean not waddling in the pit of karma .
forget about those other guys some of us want some genuine knowledge.
there is an ignore option you know. and if i somehow feel this is only an ego-trip the same goes for me .(no offence thank you if you are the real thing)

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harper_

Well if you don't believe me at least consider the possibility
Form my perspective this is fact, from yours it may be diffrent,

I'm assuming that was directed to me. Yes considering possibilities is why I'm here. At least, one big reason. I'm all about the possibilities. So have at it. I'm ready to start considering.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
[quote

Looked at this way: If everything that vibrates in the universe is really an illusion, and the only real and true thing is "LOVE" or whatever you wish to call it, and it has no vibration, it just IS, then what would be the point of keeping an illusory vibratory vehicle going on and on and on??

If I come up to you and pinch you do yo feel it?, this plane is real[quote/]

If the neural path from my brain to the pinched spot is operating properly, sure I would feel it. If I were under hypnosis and you told me "you will feel nothing"...I would not.
I think our existence is like mass hypnosis. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream...you know, like that.

It is fine to be immortal if that's what your into, but I think I would rather "graduate" to another dimension where I would not have to be concerned with feeding and housing a vehicle for my SELF. If such a place exists, thats where I want to be, a pinpoint of perception, a dust mote in a cathedral. A place where thought manifests instantly.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Pilot]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
*Yawn

Three days, and nothing but self-glorifying nonsence. We are still waiting to hear your theory. I'm starting to think that you're just some kid seeking attention. I apologise if I struck a nerve. That's not my intention. I just don't have much patience for weak-minded attention seekers. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
~~Patience~~

The guy just posted last night. Never know what "issues" someone may have preventing them from posting. Look at it this way, if we become physically immortal, what's time to us?

On the other hand, I'd sure like to see some substance coming forth, myself.

Tick tock.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Alright lets stop with the i don't believe you crap, let the guy post i mean i would like to believe it, but considering that i may have a life threatening illness i have just read too much stuff on ats to consider it real...

but i would like to know:

- how do you achieve immortally ( and please just explain it, i really don't want to ponder on useless thoughts)

- how fast is the physic ability that you get, and how do you get it, what can you do.

- how old are you

- do you have family that is also immortal

- are people chosen to be immortal even if they fallow the karma stuff

- how do you get rid of your negative karma, and how do you know if you have negative karma

- just tell us everything....

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
assuming i know where and how this will operate within parameters of the mind and the unknown, ill state this.

since you have made conclusions to come here and have stated that you are waiting for progress to divulge your knowledge. what are the measures and insights you will be using to determine progress.

clearly you cannot teach a group people all at once, because progress is determined by the student not the teacher. so are you waiting to find a certain mind to step forward and make his/her nature apparent to you? or are you going to try to do the impossible and try to corral educate the masses?

if you are considering(internally) that you are capable of handle and maintaining multiple students at once, i suggest you take a step back and become truly aware how frustrating your path will be. once again what/how are you defining progress? if you think your self to be capable, accurately define progress so that other may be able to grasp for goals. this is the internet the "melting pot of thought" this will be a large order to serve.

on a side note:

i myself have searched for immortality a few years ago. whether i was successful or not is not something im aware of. im not to eager to test my success/failure, ill let fate be the test.

if you show promise i have a few (just a few) question ill ask you.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I did ask a few questions earlier, but all the arguing got in the way, anyway Ill be patient and see if he comes back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join