It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy spoon bending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
When I was looking on youtube last week (looking for some convincing "paranormal" performances), I found a very interesting spoon bending technique. It is not bending the spoon with your mind on a distance, but weakening the metal in order to shape it in any form... I just got out of school and bought some cheap spoons to test it myself, first I bent a spoon without any mind influence. It didn't really bent nicely, it did bend but not in a spiral, it got kinda edgy. Now I tried to apply Psi (or chacra energy according to the film) and then bent it, note: I'm bending it with my hands, expecting a different relult... And the soppn didn't let me down... I could easilly shape it into a spiral (snail shaped...) without any space between the metal, the video is here:youtube.com...
This video shows my results:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Your links are messed up. and it's rather hard to believe in any kind of genuine 'spoon bending' when you're doing it with your hands.. different results or no. if you're weakening the metal that much, wouldn't you be able to just wobble the spoon back and forth, or hold it straight up, and let the weight of the 'head' bend the spoon? you shouldn't need to manually twist the thing around, in my opinion, if you're actually doing anything noteworthy to the metal.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
A similar video plus instruction can be found at Spoon bending instructions and photos
and at Spoon bending demonstration along with some heated discussions on this topic between skeptics, the spoon bender and some supporters.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by grayprog]

[edit on 23-4-2007 by grayprog]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have seen videos where the spoon is physically bent, but bent in such a way that is impossible with just the bare hands alone ie making the spoon handle bend around in a spiral.

There is definatly an added factor (chi, prana, whatever you call it). I dare someone to try and bend a spoon in a spiral with just physical force alone

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There is no spoon.

Couldn't resist.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I have seen videos where the spoon is physically bent, but bent in such a way that is impossible with just the bare hands alone ie making the spoon handle bend around in a spiral.

As shrunkensimon sais, the spoon can be bent in physically impossible way's... If you try it you will agree. There is way less resistance and the metal easilly forms spirals.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm not necessarily arguing the point-- I'm just saying that it would be far more convincing to skeptics if you bent the spoon without directly twisting it.

on a personal note (as someone who does believe in energy, tk, etc.) I attempted the spoon bending technique from the video several times, and all I managed to do was accidentally snap one of my cheap spoons in half after trying too many times and finding it not pliable enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The spoon hoax has been around for a long time. Uri Geller anyone?

www.youtube.com...

You bent the spoon with your hands.. Whats so paranormal about that?

I am all for finding real paranormal events.. Everything I have found with my own personal research would be considered rubbish to skeptics.. I only know what I sense and feel and dream.. But I word myself carefully in places like ATS.. Many smart minds here, and they do not like hoaxes, we are always fighting a battle with these hoax. They demean the true to life researchers, and only give the skeptics more reasons not to belive!
I am a beliver, but Im a skeptic too.

new topics

top topics

join