It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! After everything going on, will you look at this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I couldnt beleive this.

Do you think after being bombarded with news, the war, the state of affairs in this world, these people would know better?

No wonder this government can get away with anything.

www.youtube.com...

This is scarey stuff my friends.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The majority who are not professionals are less then bright, but im sure there was considerable editing done. Ive walked and talked with pretty intelligent people on subways, bus stops, common everyday places. Yes lot of people are stupid, but not to this extent. I think miami has some of the stupidest dumbest, dont know how to drive people in the US. I live in miami and I love it, but the people here are so stupid.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Talking about trying to embarrass or portray the average US citizen as dumb or ignorant!

I'd bet they probably had to do a hundred or more interviews to end up with this compilation of answers to those questions.

I really can't believe some of the answers people gave! Either they were ignorant of current affairs or maybe paid to give those answers?

At the bottom of the video it says "CNNNN", it is an Australian TV "show" and actually isn't trying to report "the news" or anything.

CNNNN

CNNNN (Chaser NoN-stop News Network) was an Australian television show, satirising American news channels CNN and Fox News. It was produced and hosted by the same team that published The Chaser newspaper.

CNNNN's slogan was "We Report, You Believe.", a parody of Fox News' slogan ("We Report, You Decide.").

The show is kinda like the "Steve Colburn Show" I believe.

[edit on 22/4/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I just laughed and laughed but then nearly choked when they were sticking pins in Australia thinking it was Iran!!!! oh it is funny, but very scarey too.

I was very pleased though, because as they asked each question I answered everyone. The only one I wasnt sure of was KFC..which state did it originate? I took a guess at Texas?? lol

but as for not knowing the currency in the UK or who Tony Blair was!

umbelievable!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Well, i'm an American citizen and i'm not stupid. As a whole, i dont beleive Americans are stupid, and its quite possible there's been lots of editing. In America, i've seen shows, where a reporter will go out on the streets and pick passers-by at random and you get very very crazy answers.

I think what we're seeing here is just apathy and lack of interest in what is happening in the world, along with BRAINWASHING that doesnt really "take" and people are confused as to who we're fighting, how it started, why it happened, and generally, they dont care.

At least, that's the only rational explanation
i can come up with.

I have to tell you i've had people tell me we're at war because Osama wanted Iraq to kill us all.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, i'm an American citizen and i'm not stupid.

I didnt think that u tube applied to anyone at ATS!

I think what we're seeing here is just apathy and lack of interest in what is happening in the world

Yes, absolutely agree, first word that came to me was 'complacency'.

I have to tell you i've had people tell me we're at war because Osama wanted Iraq to kill us all.

Yes there is some pretty farout statements out there. Oh just remembered the Vietnam que... bloody hilarious!!

thanks for posting it up.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow, that's very scary and utterly amazing! And yes, there are Americans that are that stupid. My husband taught at the top public school in America and his sophomore class didn't know how to use a ruler! He came home utterly flabbergasted over that one.

I think it's very, very sad. And yes, complacency is a good word for it.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
DG. Welcome back.

That having been said, let's see the edited sections of that report. You know the ones where someone could actually name a country that begins with a "U".

A stereotypical report playing to the mythical stereotype that "all" Americans are undereducated, guncrazy, warmongering crazies. Now if some or all of the edited scenes were of the same sort, well then yeah its scarey indeed.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would submit that Europeans have a living memory of war, that one being WWII, fought on their own soil.

Americans, unless from other places in the world, do not. The last war fought on American soil were the Indian Wars, and the Civil War, both ended over a century ago.

Your average European needn't walk or drive very far to come to a place useful in reminding them of the dangers of complacency or apathy. Americans generally do not live surrounded by the reminders of many, many wars.

Not apathy/complacency, so much as a lack of reference to draw their attention away from their own lives.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I refuse to use U-Tube, so I can only comment on what I think it is about.

It's about the dumbing down of America. You can't have anyone too smart, because that might offend the mentally-challenged. It's not only Public Schools, but it is also the military, and civil service jobs.

Don't you know school is not about learning anymore? It's about getting along with others, tolerating others, and feeling good about yourself.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
As i said, its obviously a tad anti-american, edited and all that good stuff. However, i do know people like that. I'm not surrounded by brainiacs nor morons, they're just your average run of the mill Americans. Some Americans do not know their history or facts, and some know them very well.

Some people care, some dont. Its not necessarily stupidity, its that they dont really care (some) about the daily goings on in the world. I suppose they're happier than i am, not that i am "In the Know" about everything, but i do check the stories, and i do care. Heck, nobody in my family knows anything because they DONT WANT TO KNOW.

To me, this government is like a Greek Tragedy
to my family and friends, its nothing

I'm not righteous and saying i'm talking gospel, but i do know there are people who dont care about whats going on in the world.

As far as intelligence, those same people who are not interested in government could have a PHD.....

I'm not putting Americans down, i am one. I love my country- actually, i would love to see the Chinese answer some basic questions, or the Germans, the British, and see how they do. Certainly, you have your people there who dont care either no matter how high of an education they have.

Anyway, just ,my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
DG. You've hit squarely. Some people, such as most of us here, care; some people don't. I would guess that the editing was very carefully down. As most people I know would have been able to answer most if not all those questions.

Your average workaday Joe or Josephene just want to go to work, pay the bills, etc... Unless the world comes and roosts in their home, they really don't give a darn, short sighted maybe, but very human. I would venture to guess that alot of Europeans, maybe not in the same numbers, are the same way.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have seen and heard similar results on the Jay Leno Show, the Sean Hannity Show, and others. Live shots, no editing. Sad to say, many people are that stupid.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
So who would we really be losing in another 9/11?

If Machiavelli is right then Bush's Administration [aka The Puppet Master regardless of name changes] is planning another 9/11 somewhere in 2008 to 2011. Machiavelli says about every ten years an internal or external threat needs to happen. This forces the out of touch people to help for the common good.

Read his Discourses. Enough said.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Watchful1]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
can somebody come up with a plan to link CNNN to terrorism. That is the rudest classification of any culture I have ever seen. It amounts to the same view people had of African Americans in the 1700-1800's... this guy is basically saying we're all like that because of the fact he found the idiots in the crowd.

I'm not going to stand by as a proud American who would hopefully have some intellect(i knew all the answers to his stupid questions... anybody else notice the map he showed the people had AUSTRALIA written across Australia???) and act like our culture is full of the highest and brightest; that said it isn't full of ignoramuses either. For a culture that is so closely related to ours it is sad for them to make such a comparison to America. I hope they realize as a Western Organized Government they basically shat on themselves as well as America with this video.

Now there is a Video Response on Youtube of our Soldiers teasing Iraqi Kids with bottles of water...(all i have to say is as an American that hurt my heart to watch... like REALLY HURT...)

I really hope someone from here could post a truly American Positive Video response to this video. Not the warmongering kind, but the flowers and candy pictures... maybe mix in a little MLK, JR; JFK; Carl Sagan and all of the other great American minds who thought in a truly peaceful and organized manner? can somebody do this as I don't have a good video editing program.

thanks,

*pop* that was my PTS Cherry!

Coven~out~

new topics

top topics

join