It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this theory relating to Coma's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have this theory that people in coma's are actually having an out of body experience (OOBE) however may not be able to get back to there bodies. I, myself, have never been in a coma but this idea came to me last night while trying to sleep.

If you think about it, many people report having OOBE's from having a sudden scare, or from sustaining an injury. Maybe people once in the Coma leave there body due to some physical pain or something repelling them from the body while it tries to repair itself? Just a thought.

What are your thoughts on this theory?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
intresting theory,search it more man

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I knew someone who was in a coma for three or four days a few years ago. He related that there were times that he was aware of what was going on around him. For example, he could recall conversations others were holding in his room. In his case though, he felt like he was trapped in his body and unable to respond or communicate. He said at first it was scary, then after his panic subsided he just felt helpless.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is an interesting theory.

But that can very well be the case, sometimes.

Maybe there isn't one sort of coma, but many & what you've descibed there may be one of those cases.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I did a search and this guy has had an experience with OOBE and coma's

Link

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I knew someone who was in a coma for three or four days a few years ago. He related that there were times that he was aware of what was going on around him. For example, he could recall conversations others were holding in his room. In his case though, he felt like he was trapped in his body and unable to respond or communicate. He said at first it was scary, then after his panic subsided he just felt helpless.

Thats the same way I experienced being in a coma. I was aware of everything around me, I could even look in the direction my eyes were pointing but couldn't interact or move anything.

I got into a coma as a result of an alergic reaction to liquid XTC, which for the record, I didn't take voluntarely but was slipped into my drink.

Bad thing about having 2 weeks with no other company but your own mind is that its a perfect breeding ground for vengeance.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
what if in reality we are in some kind of coma and thats why when we are threatened by something we "freeze" while other people react,"mind-coma" who knows??

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I would bet it has to do with the area of your brain that is affecting the coma. I don't understand the neurology of it though. Perhaps the temporal lobe which I believe affects your sub-conscious and thus your higher conscious self is effected and that results in just the black literal "unconscious" comas. However perhaps if the area of your brain controlling motor skills and nerve response is damaged, your body is comatose but your mind is now in a compensating accelerated state, making OOBE lucid and constant. Sort of like a person losing their site and gaining a heightened sense of smell, if you catch my drift. (No pun intended.)

Just my personal thoughts, nothing concrete or medical to back it up.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
When in coma everything is black. You can hear everything, but can't even flex a muscle to lift the edge of your lips as a sign you can hear them. I went in and out during coma.

One moment I was awake, but couldn't see or move. The next I was asleep again. The other time I had enough of it all and left my body.

Next to that I, and others I've known, used to come across comatose patients on the astral planes. They were in coma for so long that their symbolic silver cord dissapeared in due time. Their link with their bodies were gone and they could not find it on their own. So we guided them back and within 2 days they were awake again.

The problem lays in being away to long. After x amount of time the braincells of the body start to...well...go away. It isn't rare to comatose patients have trouble with coordination, speech etc when they had a long coma. If you wait to long coming back you'd better not come back at all. You'd be there, but your body is to #ed up to be of any use.

In my papers I wrote down that if I'm longer then 7 days in a coma to pull the plug on me.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is an interesting thread! I have often thought about where do we go when in a coma.

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Weird seems similar to sleep paralysis. I have found the short period of time that it occurs (sleep paralysis) can be scary, the helplessness etc, not sure I could handle it for 4 days or more!! I have found with SP, relax and move a little finger and it goes.

It is strange that there is no "normal" experience. People are in bodies and out of bodies but is either experience for real? I mean is it the conscious mind rationalising the downtime and filling in the gaps. For example the ears pick up elements of conversation and fill in the rest of the story.

Interesting though, where does the spirit go, is a coma a spiritual holiday?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It would make sense for the mind to detach itself from the body in situations like that...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

I wondered the very same thing, when i had an oobe during meditation, a few years ago. It was the most incredible experience of my life. I hope it is true as i had a cousin suffering from M.S. She was in a coma for years before she died. She never regained consiousness as we know it, but if she was oob, wow! she probably had a blast...

new topics

top topics

join