It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bluftonni? Honk, honk! (MONK/Tony Shalhoub Review)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
God, I love the USA series Monk! (sort of)

Okay, so I liked the 1990 english-challenged character of "the cab driver" played by Tony Shalhoub in 1990's Bill Murray vehicle QuickChange...

Well, like isn't the right word... "Bluftonni: Honk, Honk!" was my all time favorite movie line.

Then he got practically the same gig on the NBC series WINGS. A painful excercise in seeing who could find the remote first every Thursday night following Seinfeld. But still, Tony's crazy cab driver (um) 'impersonation' was the sole saving grace of the show.

Now there's MONK. Shalhoub's OCD challenged detective on the USA network, Emmy winning, multiple Golden Globe nominated and in it's THIRD season!

WHO KNEW? Well, maybe I answered my own question with the fact it's hidden on the USA network.

But here's the problem. I just stumbled on a MONK marathon and instantly fell in love (all over again) with crazy character actor Shalhoub! (sort of)

That's the problem with a) marathons and b) character actors. Somewhere around 4 hours ago I proclaimed MONK my new all time favorite show. Somewhere around 5 mintues ago, I was sick of MONK and Tony Shalhoub.

Character actors as leading men? How can one possible keep up the inspired genius of "Bluftonni: Honk, Honk!" for an hour?

Answer: You can't. :shk:

I stand corrected. Maybe you can. They just showed an episode where an earthquake triggers a dissociative disorder making Monk speak jibberish.

Building on Bluftonni (which we know means "bus" honk, honk) we now know Caca is "taxi".

Screw Klingon, I'm learning Shalhoub.

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by RANT]

join