It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Science is concerned with the material world - it cannot give answers to phenomena that exists outside the material universe.
Evolution, is a naturalistic theory and thus scientific.
Creationism is ultimately a supernatural idea.

Lack of evidence for evolution is not support for creationism. These are not 2 competing scientific theories - like Newton v Einstein for example.
There is no scientific rival to evolution, problems with evolution only serves to weaken evolution theory.
If an alternative existed then maybe evidence could be used to support the alternative.

My point is that creationism is not a scientific theory, nor is intelligent design (which has a supernatural designer as the causal agent).

I acknowledge that a lot of life appears designed, seemingly far too sophisticated for the basic evolution mechanisms. However, this could mean that we've not discovered the natural processes that result in such designs.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adam_weishaupt
I acknowledge that a lot of life appears designed, seemingly far too sophisticated for the basic evolution mechanisms. However, this could mean that we've not discovered the natural processes that result in such designs.

I couldnt have said it better my self.

I do think evolutionary theory to be correct, although, we might be missing some mechanisms we have yet to discover.

Time will tell.

join