It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Angels jet crashes during air show, killing aviator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Blue Angels jet crashes during air show, killing aviator

www.cnn.com

The family of the pilot killed Saturday watched as his F/A-18 Hornet crashed in a neighborhood during a U.S. Navy Blue Angels precision-flying team air show, Lt. Commander Anthony Walley said Saturday.

A military source told CNN the jet clipped the top of a pine tree during a sharp turn at the end of the team's aerial exhibition.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As cool as it is to watch air shows don’t you think that the air show trick teams are completely unnecessary? What does showing these tricks prove?
Yeah we get it the USAF is the best, these air shows prove nothing but the fact that the pilots are willing to put their lives on the line and we know that by the fact that they have joined the air force and put their lives on line for the protection of their country.
Yes air shows are cool, but are they worth the lives put at risk?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Why do race car drivers race cars?? Why do skydivers jump out of perfectly good airplanes? People like taking risks its in our nature..

But I'm guessing the reason for having the Blue Angels and other military stunt teams is for recruitment purposes and public relations..I know back when i first saw the Blue Angels for the next few years after that show I was going to be a Naval pilot..That never happened but I imagine for others it did..

new topics

join