It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Console Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have decided to get a new video game system I had a gamecube but i sold it last yr before i came to college.I was broke
(I really wanted a Wii but I dont like the fact that it doesnt come with a 'regular controller' and if you buy one it doesnt work with most games )Anyways. Based on price and other features I have slimmed down my options to
1)GameCube
2)Xbox,Xbox360
3)Playstaion2 Slim version

So i was wondering if you guys from personal experiences can give me the pros and cons of each one (i tried looking up info but..im tech spec. illiterate so I dont know what half the specs mean or do for me) and which one do you think is the best given price, what they have to offer, types of games..etc Any input would be appreciated. Thanx.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If price is a big factor, then I'd say stick to Gamecube, nice and cheap console, many many games out there, which are also very cheap. But if you are in any way serious about video games, then get the 360, expensive, but worth it if you are going to use it a lot, plus theres tonnes of good games out and more coming.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Personally I would opt for the PS2, but expect new releases to start slowing down, apart from that you would have a great console and a vast array of games to choose from.

If you could spend a little more then it would have to be the PS3, by this Christmas it will have enough good to fantastic games going for it that any Xbox owners will be weeping.

I'm a PS1 , PS2 and now a PS3 owner, all I can say is when the games developers catch on with what they can do with games for the PS3 then watch out for some unbelievable games.

Oh apart from that, the PS3 is the cheapest Blue Ray player going, so it has to be the best buy.

Wolfie_UK

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Get an Xbox 360!!!! It is a wicked machine and the amount of stuff you can do with Xbox live is awesome!!! It is worth the extra money!!!!!! If you want something fun and different go for the Wii, as there is lots of fun to be had on that machine

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think im going to get the PS2 i like the fact that its also a dvd player. I would get a ps3 but its way out of my budget. Thats guys for your feedback

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well the 360 plays dvds and u can upgrade to HD-DVD and u can download movies through the Marketplace.

new topics

top topics

join