It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My idea to stabilize Baghdad. Any takers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Leave. Just kidding.

I am no war expert, I have never seen service nor have I craved it. Although I do however have a keen ability to problem solve and I guess you could say I get paid for my logical mind. So after a couple silent pints I got to thinking...

Take the wall they are presently building, find a reasonable region to box in, and secure it. Once the entire interior of the wall has been taken inventory of and assessed for risk potential, they slowly widen the wall to allow for more circumference. Continue to assess and clear, implementing detailed security policies that are applicable to this new structure. Which is simply a protected city with isolated entrances and exits that are highly patroled and checked.

I would from the very beginning create a task for of undercover citizens that belong to a group that has no name and no order. Just two rules. Expose treason and never expose yourself. These citizens would be comforted knowing that A). They will never be identified and B). They will be comforted to see the implementing progress and their part in it's longevity.

After a large enough portion of Bagdad has been bordered and secured we can begin the interior rehabilitation process be reconstructing in the face of their apprehensions, which could help the recovery of their nerves. Surely this tactic, if done properly would drastically reduce the violence. No time table for larger cicumferences, only when they are deemed to be clear of most potential threats will the walls be widened.

After this proves to be successful in Bagdad, follow this game plan in other major cities until we force all of the sinister subversiveness outside of the major cities for more robust battles.

Meanwhile, inside the recovering city walls Iraqi policemen can gain confidence as they serve and protect and eventually start to gain the confidence of the citizens.

So I guess my idea is simple. Small walls lead to larger walls once the securiity threats have been eradicated.

I'd also like to hear others opinions if you find that mine sucks.

AAC

(MOD EDIT: Correct spelling in title)

[edit on 22-4-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 5/15/2007 by thelibra]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Um, sounds possible, but is the ATS staff going to be the ones performing this feat?
You do realize where you posted this thread dont you?

[edit on 22-4-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
x

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Um, sounds possible, but is the ATS staff going to be the ones performing this feat?
You do realize where you posted this thread dont you?

In case you haven't realized yet, this is a priority message.

Now hush.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Leave.

After a couple silent pints I got to thinking...

Take the wall they are presently building, find a reasonable region to box in, and secure it. Once the entire interior of the wall has been taken inventory of and assessed for risk potential, they slowly widen the wall to allow for more circumference.

I'd also like to hear others opinions if you find that mine sucks.

So your answer is to turn Baghdad into a prison, then increase the boundaries of the prison!!!!

Your first suggestion was better, leave, get out of Iraq.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet

So your answer is to turn Baghdad into a prison, then increase the boundaries of the prison!!!!

Your first suggestion was better, leave, get out of Iraq.

Not a prison as much as a temporary compound, where training and confidence can be gained, while taking the momentum away from the random attacks.

BTW, I'd rather us leave too, but that is unlikely.

AAC

[edit on 22-4-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Leave . . I'd also like to hear others opinions if you find that mine sucks.
[Edited by Don W]

Answer me this: How can our staying longer make it better?

Aside: Concise. Comprehensive. Compelling. These words are descriptive of the book on Iran and America. Beginning with the advent of Zoroastrianism and the much later melding of that faith with the new Arab faith of the Holy Prophet, Islam, we have the origins of Shia explained. The author quickly runs down the millennia of time to the British inspired American coup of 1953, which still forms the basis of Anglo-Iranian Relations. Or NON relations in 2007. You may not like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad better but after this read, you will understand when he is coming from. Read “All the Shah’s Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror” by Stephen Kinzer. 2003. End

new topics

top topics

join