Into the mind of a psychopath

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Now a psychopath is described as;

Individuals who behave in persistently antisocial ways are often loosely described as pyschopaths. Doctors often do not understand the cause and cure is rare. The abnormal behaviour of a heroin addict is an example of pyschopathy in which the cause is clear.

I believe that this really doesn't explain in enough detail about psychopaths, but its a start. Most serial killers are labelled as psychopaths and its true that they are, but what drives them??

If we take serial killers, most of them have a trouble childhood with alot of violents mainly from the father of the house. This could explain most violent criminal personailities and why they commit their crimes. But still this doesn't explain all psychopaths only a few.

Lets say a child parents are killed by a group of black males, the child could grow up hating black males and when he hits late teens could have psychopathy signs. But some serial killers do not fit the bill i.e Ted bundy.

Ted bundy is a psychopath and we know he is a homicidal manic too. Ted came from a good background and he used this for his gain and the women who he murdered all had something in common.

The mind of psychopath is hard to understand and very complex indeed. The question still remains unanswered......what causes a psychopath???

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
You may be interested in the more broadly discussed research into sociopaths (as opposed to psychopathic).

Sociopathic behavior is more commonly defined in the ways you express.... anti social, mal adjusted.

An anti-social person may become a serial killer, for example, but a psychopath (highly social) may become a powerful leader (like Saddam or Hitler or Jim Jones or Marshal Applewhite).

I'm interested in the subject too, as in FBI profiling.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
thank rant. Im interested in profiling too, im currently doing research into the minds of serial killers etc

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
thank rant. Im interested in profiling too, im currently doing research into the minds of serial killers etc

Would love to hear about one's of interest?

Familiar with Ed Gein? He's a "good" one. All I know are American though
aside from Jack the Ripper!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
son of sam and the zodic killer have to be the ones im interested in. Ted bundy is a odd one cause he is different from most of them.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Serial killers, like mind-controlled sleepers, outwardly appear normal to the rest of the world, but also seem to be acting under a programmed obsession to kill, usually in the same way, over and over again, as if trying to fulfill some sort of mission that is echoing around in their heads.

Examples of this phenomenon would include the infamous Zodiac serial killer who terrorized the Vallejo and San Francisco areas of California during the mid-60's. It has been verified that at least five people were murdered there by an unknown killer who called himself "Zodiac." (The Zodiac case is officially still unsolved and the killer has never been caught or positively identified. Some investigators have theorized that Zodiac may have even continued his murder spree as late as 1978, but this has not been positively verified)

The Zodiac's exact body count is still disputed to this day as police officials and other investigators are unable to agree on the exact number of his victims.

The link goes through each killer one at a time and lots more!!
labyrinth13.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
son of sam and the zodic killer have to be the ones im interested in. Ted bundy is a odd one cause he is different from most of them.

They never caught the zodiac killer did they? I think it's weird how someone like that who got a kick out of killing people would just stop. Once they had forfilled there desires how could they possibly resist the urge again.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
They never caught the zodiac killer did they? I think it's weird how someone like that who got a kick out of killing people would just stop. Once they had forfilled there desires how could they possibly resist the urge again.

Dying anonymously is the ultimate escape. I think they recently confirmed the notoriously elusive thief "DB COOPER" (not his real name) was an old man that recently died in Florida. "Confirmed" but can never prove. Death can be cleansing.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
the zodic serial killer was never caught. Police believed he died or commited suicide. Also there was afew copycat killings years later which still remain unsolved.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
this is the zodiac speaking: LOL k its not i just had 2 add that 4 kicks lol, k when u r that messed up in th head u dont just stop there is alwayz recidivism in serial killers, its basically their wasy of havn an orgasm lol, they dont stop they enjoy it so sumthin must hav happend 2 th zodiac

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think a large amount of your confusion is probably routed in an incorrect usage of the term 'antisocial'. In psychology (which your question relates to), antisocial personalities aren't people who are just reclusive, don't like being in public, etc. mentalhealth.com... check that for a better perspective. Basically, an antisocial personality is someone who is morally and emotionally retarded with no regard for human life or social norms (ie. the most dangerous person you can possibly imagine).

99/100 times, there will be an antisocial personality disorder, mixed in with sexual impulsive disorders. They end up mixing sympathetic, and parasympathetic nervous system functions - which means they end up mixing high adrenaline functions such as fighting/brutality and risk taking, with sexual desire. Basically they can't be stimulated (mentally and physically) without partaking in something that is usually high risk and violent, such as all the #ed up things you see 'psychos' do. Thing about the human body is that it LOVES to be stimulated, so they go after it more and more, with no inhibitions - as they are morally and socially retarded.

Combine that with someone with no regard for human life- and i'd say that is someone who i'd put into a category of 'psychopath'.

any more Qs just ask.

new topics
top topics

join