It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USMC Helicopter video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
When I was serving in the Marine Corps we would have safety breifs constantly. One of the videos that my old Gunny would show was that CH-46 video. To show how ORM would be helpful. Any way. He was on that boat when that happened. One of his Marines was on that bird. He was the one on the window kinda of stickin his arm out. I don't remember if the Marine died in the incident but he said that those kind of things are tragic and they are. Some things are just unavoidable and so you have to resort to Risk Management. To help overcome the situation.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I had a "friend" send me today smaller version of this vid..
And while searching for him material so that he could understand what happened in it.. i found this link:

www.forcerecon.com...

And.. this is the smaller vid he send me:

MISSEDTHEBOAT

From the looks of it (filename + the devil logo..), its supposed to be "funny" or "joke".. at least for the dumbass that made the smaller version..

Well, it isnt.

Too bad still that the pilot wasnt in the list of those killed (as sole name / alone..), as it was totally his error.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I've seen this before but never bothered to look into it. I thought the chopper was coming in with some sort of mechanical problem due to the fact in the background you can see two small boats racing towards it basically from the moment the clip starts

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
Piloting a choppter is hard, you try flying a bus with a big fan keeping you in the air,

go out and buy battlefield 1942 and then download desertcombat mod, then try flying/landing the chopters

BUT theys are real pilots who have had thoughesends of houres of training before even stepping in the real thing. there was no reason for him to have landed that fast..

now silQ how old are you? becouse your rash post seam very childest.

i have bf1942 desertcombat and flying choppers is easy i can land and all with no problems

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
Piloting a choppter is hard, you try flying a bus with a big fan keeping you in the air,

go out and buy battlefield 1942 and then download desertcombat mod, then try flying/landing the chopters

BUT theys are real pilots who have had thoughesends of houres of training before even stepping in the real thing. there was no reason for him to have landed that fast..

now silQ how old are you? becouse your rash post seam very childest.

Contrary to your belief, 'real pilots' receive less than 100 hours flight time before graduating and going to a regular unit. They get maybe twice that in simulator time. It takes years to accumulate 1000 hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join