It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Jessica Lynch's dramatic 2003 rescue under investigation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Coming on the heels of recent revelations regarding the Army covering up details of Pat Tillmans death, the Congress is also now investigating the details of the dramatic rescue of Army Private Jessica Lynch in April of 2003. Lynch is expected to testify and has publicly indicated that she had felt used by the Army.

How do I describe how I feel? Disgusted is too weak :shk:

The story can be foundHere

[edit on 4/21/07 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i thought it was a well known fact that the Jessica Lynch rescue was a fake and just a publicity stunt in that the American forces had been told all enemy forces had left the hospital. Seems strange to me how the US military seem so concerned about videoing the rescue, you would never get the UK sas or other UK SF filming themselves when the only important thing is the mission and the rescue of the hostage

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojoberg
i thought it was a well known fact that the Jessica Lynch rescue was a fake and just a publicity stunt in that the American forces had been told all enemy forces had left the hospital. Seems strange to me how the US military seem so concerned about videoing the rescue, you would never get the UK sas or other UK SF filming themselves when the only important thing is the mission and the rescue of the hostage

A FAKE??? Yeah it was all planned, now Jessica Lynch is going to tell the real story. The Russians saved her and not Americans.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This story doesn't bode well for the Whitehouse spin miesters.

If find it astonishing that the Powers that be, consider the American people such chumps. Some of them are, I guess. By telling a lie over and over again; it miraculously morphs into the truth.

www.commondreams.org...

How this kind of story doesn't shake the "true believers" into some sort of semblance of reality; I'll never know.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A FAKE??? Yeah it was all planned, now Jessica Lynch is going to tell the real story. The Russians saved her and not Americans.

Thats right a fake, in as much that the so called rescue seemed more like a media event rather than a military mission. Who on earth would take a film crew whether they be military or civilian on a dangerous mission to rescue a fellow soldier? the answer is noone unless they knew there was no real threat of combat

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
A few soldiers who were in some way involved in the rescue of Jessica Lynch have met with very mysterious deaths. Talk about being expendable.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojoberg
Thats right a fake, in as much that the so called rescue seemed more like a media event rather than a military mission. Who on earth would take a film crew whether they be military or civilian on a dangerous mission to rescue a fellow soldier? the answer is noone unless they knew there was no real threat of combat

Even special operations troops film their operations, its useful for After Action Reviews. And good for publicity as well if the military finds it useful for the public. Seen it before many times.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Even special operations troops film their operations, its useful for After Action Reviews. And good for publicity as well if the military finds it useful for the public. Seen it before many times.

Nice try! That footage was filmed by a News Crew from the pool embedded with the military. That operation was obviously scripted for the benefit of the reporters and ultimately the American people via the MSM. I think it's called Propaganda. "The first causality of War is the Truth"

[edit on 23-4-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Nice try! That footage was filmed by a News Crew from the pool embedded with the military. That operation was obviously scripted for the benefit of the reporters and ultimately the American people via the MSM. I think it's called Propaganda. "The first causality of War is the Truth"

[edit on 23-4-2007 by whaaa]

I said EVEN special operations troops film their own operations. With or without news crew.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
hmmm i remmeber reading some where i think on a military forum that
1) one she was captured because she mishandled her weapon and it got jammed
2) when the amrican forces went into the hospital their was no IRG forces who had captured her or any regular army as they had fallen back to defend bagdad or melted into the civil poplation
3) some doctors and medical staff at hospital has told the media that when the American forces went in they were making a big show of it as much as firing blank rounds around when the staff had offered the key and help the carry her out

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

your SPOT on the moeny there delta.
It was FAKED< PLANNED< and totally full of stinking HORSE DUNG!

A former US private, Jessica Lynch, today castigated Pentagon efforts to turn her into a "little girl Rambo", accusing military chiefs of using "elaborate lies" to turn her into a hero.

"The nurses tried to soothe me and return me," she told the hearing, adding that it bothered her how she had been portrayed by the US military.
"American people don't need to be told elaborate lies" about US forces, Ms Lynch said.

the militaries account?

April 3: The Washington Post reports an exclusive story about Lynch's capture and heroic rescue from an Iraqi hospital under a front-page headline: "She was Fighting to the Death." The story details Lynch's alleged gun battle with Iraqi ambushers, in which she reportedly killed several attackers and sustained multiple gunshot wounds. Defense Department officials described her rescue on April 1 as a classic Special Operations raid, with U.S. commandos in Black Hawk helicopters engaging Iraqi forces on their way in and out of the medical compound, according to the newspaper.

But I like the way you jump out there and throw some totally outragoues claim ' russians ' as if its meant to make 'this lie' a little less important.

Face it, your countries administration hasnt said one word of truth, mainly becuase people like you seem to enjoy it that way!

www.guardian.co.uk...

then theres Pat Tillman,

www.cnn.com...

The last soldier to see Army Ranger Pat Tillman alive, Spc. Bryan O'Neal, told lawmakers that he was warned by superiors not to divulge -- especially to the Tillman family -- that a fellow soldier killed Tillman.

"It was not true," she said before gently chiding the military. "The truth is always more heroic than the hype."

The military instead released a "manufactured narrative" detailing how Pat Tillman died leading a courageous counterattack in an Afghan mountain pass, Kevin Tillman told the committee.

The amount of BS coming out of Washington is just piling up day after day.

Delta boy,
What exactly about this isnt 'faked'

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Was the rescue of Jessica Lynch a fake? That we never actually rescued her?
After all its about this investigation about the dramatic rescue which some say is a fake which makes me pissed off. As you said before, it was planned in the first place, I wonder how it was planned Agit8dchop? Did we informed the Fedayeen where Jessica's unit was going to be and how vuneralble it was going to be in hopes that some of them would be captured and American spec ops forces would rescue them and put it in for propaganda purposes?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hah, nah fraid not mate.

The story they fed you was FAKED.

She didnt sit there shooting until she was emtpy valiantly defending herself.
She wasnt resuced in a hail of gun fire,
nor beaten, raped,
nor shot.
It was a TOTAL FARSE the events you were told.
Yes she was ambushed, like what happens dozens of times a day.
, no ones doubting She was ambushed, but what YOUR admin told you was pure LIES, she was taken away by 'caring' iraqi's to hospital. where they helped her, cared for her, helping her and TRYING to hand her to Americans.

You failed to admit that because you couldnt tell the world that Iraqi's may just be nice.

Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch, put to SHAME all the heroic military deeds your men and service women do, because now no matter what heroic deed they perform people are going to be suspicous wether its another governmnet lie, or wether they actually did perform as they said.

its just further BS coming out of this whole admin.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And you guys were all probably laughing at "Baghdad Bob..." I was laughing at him, too, though, I can't lie.

However, will you also laugh at the US Military and it's pathetic propaganda machine?

"A dramatic firefight where Jessica Lynch went down swinging...blah blah blah..."

Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The story they fed you was FAKED.

She didnt sit there shooting until she was emtpy valiantly defending herself.
She wasnt resuced in a hail of gun fire,
nor beaten, raped,
nor shot.
It was a TOTAL FARSE the events you were told.
Yes she was ambushed, like what happens dozens of times a day.
, no ones doubting She was ambushed, but what YOUR admin told you was pure LIES, she was taken away by 'caring' iraqi's to hospital. where they helped her, cared for her, helping her and TRYING to hand her to Americans.

You failed to admit that because you couldnt tell the world that Iraqi's may just be nice.

Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch, put to SHAME all the heroic military deeds your men and service women do, because now no matter what heroic deed they perform people are going to be suspicous wether its another governmnet lie, or wether they actually did perform as they said.

its just further BS coming out of this whole admin.

I'm aware of the story of Pat Tillman (his death) and Jessica Lynch (prior to capture). This topic is about the dramatic rescue by special operations forces along with the U.S. Marines which many peope claim is a fake. I have nothing against Iraqis, except those that does beheadings and other things, but I guess that makes all Iraqis bad ain't it if you want to make it look like Iraqis that cared for Jessica Lynch that must mean every Iraqi is nice.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I believe the issue brought up by Jessica and the cover up of Pat tillmans death, to show how the government has use information and twisted to promote a Hollywood type of sensationalism at the expenses of soldiers’ lives.

Creating heroes and trying to hide the truth about the facts surrounding the events in which this people’s lives were changed forever.

What can you expect from a government that has lie to us from the beginning of this war and can not find a way to stop.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thats the thing, it wasnt dramatic.
It was purposley played out that way to rally you behind your leaders War.
You showed the very people who CARED for your solider to be monsters.

Its just further evidence of your admins desire to LIE, and completely FOOL YOU into following their agender.

Thats what the core issue is here.

They lied, they are lying, and they will keep lying so long as people defend them based on blind patrioticness.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The funniest thing (if true) in this story was that they tried to return her two days before she was "rescued" at the hospital. The ambulance came under fire from American soldiers at the checkpoint and so they had to return to the hospital again.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I felt sorry for Private Lynch. It was bad enough that she received painful lifelong injuries, but now she must endure the lifelong psychological injuries of being used like that.

Let's hope and pray we won't be fooled again, that we'll see through the lies.
As George so put it
"...fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
And why does everybody automatically believe Private Lynch and immediately declare that anything said by the government or the military is a lie? I mean no disrespect to her personally, but why is her word considered "iron clad truth?"

Please don't answer with the standard "Bush lied about Iraq" propaganda. Give me something more than Bush is bad so everyone else is good.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join