It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Trucker Strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Across America in state capitols and our nation's capitol a trucker strike is in the works. On April 23, 24, and 25th truckers will slow roll drive as a means to draw attention to an impending national emergency.

Within weeks, President Bush without approval of congress or the american people is going to allow 17,000 mexican truckers to cross the border and ship goods (along with drugs, people, and worse) all over america. These drivers have no background check, most are unlicensed, and their trucks are dangerously unsafe (no safety requirements like weight limits, tire treads, etc).

If this is allowed to happen, another huge sector of middle class america will disappear into the abyss. Soon middle class will no longer exist. We will be reduced to poor and super rich classes. If action isnt taken soon, it may be too late to stop the corporate bankers from ending US soverienty.

*Mod Edit: ATS is not a grounds for recruiting members for any cause. Please refer to Why Doesn't ATS Allow "Activist Recruiting"?*

[edit on 4/23/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
3 hours into the strike and absolutely NOTHING mentioned on any major news channel. thousands and thousands of truckers clogging washington dc highways but MSNBC is covering 2 death shootings instead.

a population of 300 million yet news on more small acts of gun violence as if 2 deaths was some massive event. If I didnt believe in conspiracies before, I do now. I wouldnt be surprised if someone told me a 3 mile long UFO landed in Washington and squashed the white house and it wasnt mentioned in major news.

Its quite obvious the media will only cover gun violence as a means to eliminate our right to bear arms. Makes the takeover much easier.

im completely sickened over this. I guess we cant win no matter how hard we try.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by admriker444]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm a truck driver, and trust me when I say people will be feeling it soon enough. When trucks take forever to get to stores, and things run out on the shelves, people will notice. My big fear though is that this will backfire. Instead of it being about Mexican truck drivers in the US it's going to be about trucks taking too long to get to stores, and us being blamed for it, not the issue we're fighting.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
admirker...

I 150% absolutely agree with exactly what you said...

I thought before the news was influenced by the gov..

I now can honestly say they are simply in bed with the gov.

The news should be all over this? .. Yet nothing.. almost surprising, if I where not so used to complete disappointment anymore.. I hope some big companies suffer big time for this (though we all know only the small guy is hurt
)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Give them time guys. It's going to take about 24 hours for this to really hit home. It's only been what, 3 or 4 so far? The first few hours won't really be a big deal, just a few trucks running late. By tomorrow if this hasn't hit the news, then I'll agree something fishy is going on about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thankyou for the post.

Amen brothers and sisters

I fully agree with what the truckers are doing......

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Please someone post a link to any news coverage of this event if you come across any.

I have been scanning the news tv stations, called my local tv stations, checking internet, etc and have yet to hear a single thing.

The complete media blackout is very disheartening.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Admriker444, as I said earlier, give it time. Right now all it is is a bunch of trucks driving slowly. Within 24 hours when it starts to hit home that this is bigger, THEN start to panic if they haven't shown it on the news. Right now it's the early hours and there's no reason to have huge coverage of it yet. You have to give these things more time.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Are there any 'official' websites representing the US truckers so we can show our support?

Edit: Here we go... www.teamster.org... But I don't see anything regarding a strike.

To write your congressmen... www.teamsterstakeaction.org...

[edit on 23-4-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OMG this is potentially one of the scaryist posts I ve read here on ats. My grandfather 92 years old and still truckin, was one of the original 5 that went before congress back in the 40's to fight for the rights of Truckers to have insurance among other important matter's. With that said I ahave to say I hope that bush doesnt turn this into yet another opportunity to oust our American drivers and replace them by saying that these trucking jobs are just another example of the types of jobs that Americans dont want or wont do and infiltrate what has always been the leading back bone of the American dream with subpar illegal aliens. If they have the chance that is what they will do.The American dream will become the Mexican nightmare!I will check back often on this post over the next few days, and I need to tell you I knew NOTHING about this strike untill now. Im calling my grandpa right now.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well just called Grandpa and he was dumbfounded, he had not heard a single word. I did readhim the main subject here and some of the posts and his reply? Well let me get off here and turn on Lou Dobbs to see if he's going to say any thing about it. Let me know if you hear any more.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I did everything I could to find info on how the strike is going and cannot find anything other than a couple of sites discussions. This is very tragic and it certainly shows how the media can squash a subject to fit their own agenda. It is sick how they can cover so many stupid stories.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have a feeling this strike is going to be a none-event and truckers will not be willing to sacrifice themselves for the strike.... or even know about it in the first place.

If the strike was on, and effective and DC was truly honestly shut down, we would know whether they wanted us to or not.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
One of the big problems with something like this is that the majority of truck drivers work for some company. And the company can say that they HAVE to stay out of this, as it's their equipment, and it's not specifically their company. Company drivers don't have any sort of union like the owner operator drivers have, that I've ever heard about.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This looks real to me. I guess how bad it affects everyone will be how many truckers participate. Hope it does'nt blow up into something bigger!
Check this link out
www.saveamericafund.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
well i tried to do my part. I live near my state capitol here in Idaho. I went to the front steps and passed out flyers I had printed up from the saveamerica website.

I was spit at once by some folks in the back of a pickup truck. The worst was the college kids from nearby Boise State University. They called me a racist for trying to deny mexicans a chance at a good life.

I asked them what about us americans and our jobs. I heard the PR spin responses spewing from their mouths as if I was watching FOX news. I heard "we dont deserve rights over mexicans" and "who cares if we merge with mexico" and "who's going to stop them, you lol" and the worst "are you on medication, crazy comments...

This is the next generation of americans telling me who the hell cares. I got laughed at, spit on, and told I was crazy. I left so upset. I dont think I helped one single person in the 4 hours I was out there learn the truth about the NAU.

Nobody cares.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The problem is that people don't really know about this other than by word of mouth. It's important to not give up, and to keep spreading the word to everyone you can. I appreciate your efforts today, but please don't give up. For the few that spit and made comments, even if we only reach 10 or 15 people, that's 10 or 15 more who know and may help us fight against this.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
FWIW, this was discussed a few weeks ago in AP.
Can't say it got a lot of attention, either

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
People in this country think trucks are an inconvenience. They don't seem to realize how badly we need trucks, and truck drivers. But it's also important to have SAFE trucks on the roads, with safe truck drivers. There is so much that I've found out since I got into the industry that I didn't know before and never would have guessed that just amazed me.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
some good video clips about this subject...

www.youtube.com...

www.stopthenau.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join