It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEAR = mind control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Fear is a very powerful thing. When we are scared, fear sinks in and takes control, but if a society was pumped full of fear could they be willing to expect anything??

In the dictionary, fear is;

1. an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain, or harm. ��fear for a feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety of someone. ��the likelihood of something unwelcome happening.

Hitler told the German people that the German race was dying out and the jews was to blame. Nazi propaganda made jews to be evil people who would kill children etc and the German people believed that. Thousands of racist attacks against jews sparked across Germany due to this fear.

Ever since September 11th, the American people are pumped with fear of another terrorist attack. American channels always tend to show murders and the views are scared that it might be them next. I would go as far to say that most murders in america are due to fear of being the next victim.

Fear can become the most powerful tool for a goverment to use to get its way, but next time we hear something terrible, question it before we believe it

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It's a "Pavlovian" responce! Blah, blah, blah,........

Somebody will take this over

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Fear can become the most powerful tool for a goverment to use to get its way, but next time we hear something terrible, question it before we believe it
That's what we have to do in this generation and beyond; we have to question and use critical thinking before we believe what the media corporations and governments tell us.

I remember something from Chomsky that the majority of citizens are non-questioning followers, while a small minority know how to cut through the propaganda.

Those that know, understand that these present times of ours are pretty brutal.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I would go as far to say that most murders in america are due to fear of being the next victim.

I would say most murders in America are due to stupid people not being smart enough to figure out how to handle their problems without resorting to violence.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by worshipthemoon

I would say most murders in America are due to stupid people not being smart enough to figure out how to handle their problems without resorting to violence.

most wars, too.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't think fear is an avid form of mind control, to control the masses. There are more sufficient 'ways' to control ones mind then through fear. Fear is not necessarily a weakness, it's an emotion that all human beings possess about certain things in their life.

If you think fear is a form of mind control then it's best to look at the rest of the hundred or so emotions we feel throughout our lives.

If 'we' can remain very cautious and skeptical- but not to the point of disbelieving everything-then I think we can remain somewhat protected. We can't become complete drones without emotion though..if that's the case then I would say that is EXACTLY what the government or 'whoever' wants us to be, becoming emotionless makes for a much cleaner and easier target of mind control IMO.

Any Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
the blanket of fear over the majority of americans has also caused the us to give up more freedoms for more security(so, the powers that be tell us) and, as a result, we don't question their authority or fight back...the whole premise of which this country was founded on -freedom- is becoming a thing of the past...we have becomed brainwashed.. we, as in the people... the few who realize what is going on are looked at as a little on the crazy side for questioning too much...pretty soon, our leaders will elect themselves...little by little, our voices are becoming meaningless due to the majority being in fear and believing everything they hear on the news....

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think that the government knows how effective fear can be in controlling the population. Look at all the flag waving freaks since 9-11 even though our country is on its way down the craphole. Before people became worried about terrorism they had more time to worry about how corrupt our government was, but now they all sing "God bless the U.S.A." and put flag bumper stickers on their SUVs.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Deception, based on our fears, is mind control.

Present us with two choices, color one with possible negative, or fearful, consequences, and watch us all turn they way they want us to.

Security is the key word, right now. Everything needs to be secure. Feeding on our fear of death, of loss. Survival.

We can be safe and "secure" when we reach a point where no one is allowed to leave their house or say a word without the proper forms, permissions, and procedures, or, we can be safe when we reach a point where no one has or feels the need to hurt, steal or disrespect other people.

Which path are we on?

Are we being steered there?

top topics

join