It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empathy: Paranormal or Not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
my mother and i, and even my eldest brother, an empathic. it has nothing to do with seeing them at all. i can feel it in their aura before i even know they are coming. ive never made any steps to cultivate this skill, though i wish i knew how. i can tell if someone is good or bad, ive even feel people that i KNOW have something in them that is evil. i can tell when one of my best friends is in trouble, though it is hard to dis concern which one is in trouble. my mother and i have a connection, for certain. that is not a social skill haha

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
OK,

First and foremost understand that there are many levels to empathy....let me just say that as an empath, it is certainly paronormal as in my case.

I live a reclusive lifestyle, I cannot stand large groups of people, and certain stories I read or see on tv can bring me quick to anger. While that may not sound like much. Understand that it is a feeling of knowing...not guessing. I can read body laungage true, yet my first impression of someone is the emotions I pick up off of them 10 seconds after they walk into a room. Some are more powerful at this than others.

On a scale of 1-10 Im easily an 8 maybe 9 if I focused hard enough. I have also been know to control a room through presence alone. People cannot see me there, but they will feel me being there. I can also pick up on the dead if they died in a abrupt or tragic way that forces lots of residual emotion.

Some are good at reading people, that is a learned trait that anyone can do. I'm different in the sense that I don't have to be looking at you to feel you and the kind of state your in mentally. I don't have to watch you to read you...there in lies the difference. Not sure why I can do what I can do....I do have PTSD and led a very violent childhood. Perhaps the trauma from that had a hand in my ability? I do not know.

I can absolutly feel another persons emotion and presence. I can garner their intent and know for a fact what the problem is. I can also take away distress that someone is having bringing them to calm and relaxed. Taking on that emotion myself is very draining so I do not do it very often. Rarely is what Im feeling my own emotion....which makes me come off as a sort of a**hole if you will. I can also channel that emotion stored inside me and push it onto you whether you want it or not. I've actually made people cry from fear due to the amount of rage I would push onto them leaving them afraid of me.

I never knew what it was I had, until I figured it out. It is a gift and a curse. Can be used for evil and good, but I maintain neutrality.

In short, there is instictual empathy which we all have, then there is actual telempathy which is in fact paranormal and is a form of psychic ability. What i feel from others is not a base line instinct...its the real McCoy Im afraid....and it has dictated my life over the years on how I interact with others.

Now and days I choose not to show any emotion, and most people to me are nothing more than a social science project. I don't even view most of them as people anymore....guess I have become disgusted at how shallow and petty people have become.

Anyway...hope this helps....and some info to clear things up a bit....Here and of course Here and lastly Here

<< 1   >>

join