It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Chinese student.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
王子, I hope that you do not run into a language barrier either. It should not be a problem because ATS, BTS, and PTS is an international community full of many citizens from foreign countries and people from America, like me.

I have known a few Chinese people but I feel that they are all great. The Martial arts is an incredable feat to be able to perform and the language is one of the most intelligent in the world because of all of the symbology and the characters and you need to be really smart to be able to understand that, and then learn another language.

The Chinese government reminds me of Big Brother from 1984. It's that they have freedom of speech but you cannot speak out against the government there or you would get arrested. However in America it's not that much different as muslims get detained and arrested and the majority of the people that get deported are Muslims.

So, I'd say China's a cool country.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
hello!everybody. I'm a Chinese Student.I'm a boy.I am glad to make friends with you. in fact,I want to find a pen friend.I'm studenting in China,now.I like rock n' roll play basketball.I'm wait for you. Thankx My E-mail site
sonic.mix

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS/BTS 王子. Do you speak mandarin (where your name would be pronounced "Wang Zi") or another form (vietnamese, phillipino, etc) our school currently supports a mandarin chinese language program, though I am a beginner and in year one only. I'm planning to go for the next two years. Tell me do you know how to create/recite/fabricate Chinese poetry? I've always been fascinated in learning the structure, rhyme scheme, form, and other aspects of the subject. If you don't know that's alright, or if in some way makes you uncomfortable, not sure how, again it's alright. Again welcome to ATS/BTS, hope you find what you're looking for. Sorry if it looks like I'm prying.

Gah! I am extremely troubled at writing an introductory greeting I sound more like a business man or an informant most of the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pursuetoknow
Welcome to ATS/BTS 王子. Do you speak mandarin (where your name would be pronounced "Wang Zi") or another form (vietnamese, phillipino, etc)

Vietnamese and Tagalog are the languages of their respected countries... Vietnam and the Philippines.

The major Chinese dialects are Mandarin, Cantonese (Yue), Wu, Min, Xiang, Hakka and Gan.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 王子

Welcome to ATS!

If you know any foreign languages please register here. I suspect you know Mandarin.

Thank you.. see you in the forums.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Scramjet76]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join