It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: Murderer's Kill People, Not Guns!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well, i wont say much as im preparing to enter another H2H debate on this subject but, i do have to disagree about it being easier to get a gun than opiates.

my dr's give me narcotics by the handfulls for my condition and its much harder to get a gun.

have you ever purchased a gun or are you just going by what you read?

i do agree that there should be mandatory training, im in favor of licensing, and im in full support of laws that prohibit felons or anyone convicted of domestic violence from owning a gun and i have no problems with a waiting period.

but, the fact of the matter is that a gun is a tool, not unlike a hammer, and is perfectly safe as long as you use it in a responsible way.

ive owned guns most of my life and ive yet to shoot anyone by accident or intent. ive been in bad situations while armed and had the ability to determine that my life was NOT in danger and so i had no need to draw a weapon.

but i think its ridiculous to limit how many or what type of guns we can own. its pointless, makes no sense, and does nothing to stop crime.

if we want to limit all things that could be used in violation of the laws, how about cars that go over 80mph? i mean, who needs a car that does over 100mph? theres no reason for that right?

how about banning household cleaners that could be used for chemical weapons or bombs?

but in the end it comes down to the fact that as a law abiding citizen, if i CHOOSE to own a rifle that can hold 30rnds for going to the range because i enjoy it...why cant i? im not using it in an illegal fashion..

just my .02 more thoughts when i enter my debate.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Damocles]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
here is some perspective, if some of you are so adamant that guns should be done away with, then you should also feel we should give up our nuclear weapons as well

But of course, why does that sound like such a crazy idea to you?
Probably cause you've bought the lies used to control?
If we want other countries, i.e. Iran, to not have nuclear weapons we should lead by example not by force.

(The real meaning of the 'peace symbol'; Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, a very popular organisation everywhere but the US)

Peace will never be won while we keep preparing for war. Just my opinion of course.

[edit on 21/4/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither security nor liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

There will always be murder! If someone wants you dead enough to actually kill you, they'll find a way, with or without guns.

2nd amendment. It doesn't matter what you THINK it means, it doesn't matter what the founding fathers intended it to mean. It is written, and every state in the union has agreed and is thus bound by it.

We have the right to own guns, and no not just within the confines of a militia.

Guns aren't the cause of school violence, society and its effects on children are.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I love anti-gun freaks’ logic. It’s so convoluted it’s amazing.

If the OP is still hanging around, answer me this:
What do you think the outcome of the VT “massacre” would have been if students were allowed to carry guns on campus?

Every time you hear about an elderly person losing control of their car and killing innocent pedestrians, do you think about how we should ban cars?

Every time you hear about a drunk driver doing the same, do you think we should follow islamic countries’ example and ban alcohol?

I’m starting off with the very easy questions. Let’s see if you have the right answers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join