It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Gonzales Suffering From Lapse of Memory? Pleads 5th Amendment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yesterday, in a Hearing before Congress, AG Alberto Gonzales responded to questions from the senators,

“I don’t recall”

SEVENTY-ONE times.

He had to do that, or answer “I refuse to answer on the grounds my answer would tend to incriminate me.” In other words, the AG took the 5th 71 times!

WOW!

[edit on 4/20/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That's a big leap, don.

I believe that if the Attorney General felt that answers to those questions would have incriminated him relative to the law, he would have pleaded the 5th Amendment.

You might not believe the Attorney General, but if he says that he does not remember, then I believe that he does not remember.

To lie before Congress, instead of availing one's self of the protections provided by the Constitution, would seem to me to be a move so stupid and to defy reason.

In other words, it would be insane.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I disagree Mr G/P. I’d say his performance was disingenuous.

He knew that Dems were after him, and if he lied a second time after lying the first time under oath, he’d be in the dock for perjury. He had only 2 choices, plead the 5th which would create a howl around the country for his immediate resignation, or to try the convenient “forgetfulness” Ronald Reagan worked at his testimony under oath when he could not remember anything that would cause him trouble. Tragic. X2.

Now Gonzales has made himself look incompetent as well as a liar.

[edit on 4/21/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
CNN says the pathetic Gonzales performance before the Senate is closer to 400 times when you add the “I don’t remember,” “I forgot,” “I’m not sure.” Geez, that’s more than the 154 executions Gonzales and Bush ordered in Texas. Itself a world record. I man every 2 weeks, for 6 years.
Wow!

And Bush43 says “You did a heck of a job, Al."

[edit on 4/21/2007 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

join