It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist State UK-Hundreds hit in roadside fingerprints

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Britain has been making moves for a while for fingerprint data bases of all citizens, and for biometric ID cards

'Hundreds of motorists have had their fingerprints checked at the roadside in a controversial pilot scheme that has raised fears of a growing Big Brother culture. Drivers and passengers are among the 4,200 people who just in the past four months have been asked to use a hand-held fingerprint reader.

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk...

Britain stpes closer to Biometric ID card

www.workpermit.com...

Asking PM to ban microchipping of humans
petitions.pm.gov.uk...

UK Schools Fingerprinting agenda
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.leavethemkidsalone.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, excellent info and links. Ive stated on a few threads that I believe the UK is the US's testbed for big brother types of agendas.

If it goes over well in the UK, ramp up the system to encapsulate more countries. If it does not go over too well (or sharply criticized), modify the methods, and try, try again.

I have a thread here as well that talks about GPS tracking people, same lines...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good job!

[edit on 20-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well, if the UK is acting as a test bed for a later use in the USA, the powers that be ought to take into consideration how many more guns are in America as compared to other countries. Our stand on the second amendment, while ridiculed in many threads, is the number one reason that our politicians tread lightly.

They may try that here, but I don't think it will be an easy sell.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Excellent thread.

They have been running the child fingerprinting in schools where I live - without parental consent. My child is just about to start school and I find it worrying that this information could be taken and stored without my knowledge. When parents found out there was a slight ripple and it was withdrawn, but only becuase of the dogged efforts of a very small minority. Most people are totally ambivalent about the issue which is what i find most worrying and indicative of where Britain is going. There are just way too many sheep in this country who just do not participate, too willing to let other people or the governement have control of their decisions.

I can see advantages to a bio-metric database - it could improve the efficency of a number of bureaucratic functions but first its limits need to be legally defined. If it is for our benefit, why circumvent parental rights? Why have a legally defined age of responsibility and then ignore it?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
I believe the UK is the US's testbed for big brother types of agendas.

If it goes over well in the UK, ramp up the system to encapsulate more countries. If it does not go over too well (or sharply criticized), modify the methods, and try, try again.

You may very well be correct there. A study of Blairs laws passed and the ones he has tried to pass since he took power does indicate that he is running a very fascist government. 9/11 and London bombings were both used to further the fascist agenda, Blair called for ever more freedoms to be curtailed, all in the name of the "war on terror" but common sense tells that most of those laws would have nothing to do with fighting terrorism, a study of the London Bombings also shows elements within the UK admin were involved in those attacks.

Originally posted by NGC2736

Our stand on the second amendment, while ridiculed in many threads, is the number one reason that our politicians tread lightly.

A relevant point keeping in mind the news of the shootings in the university a few days ago, and it has been suggested the Columbine shootings were also really about attacking the 2nd amendment, and knowing what kind of people are in control of the US admin then it certainly isn't beyond them.

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
They have been running the child fingerprinting in schools where I live - without parental consent. When parents found out there was a slight ripple and it was withdrawn, but only becuase of the dogged efforts of a very small minority. Most people are totally ambivalent about the issue which is what i find most worrying and indicative of where Britain is going. There are just way too many sheep in this country who just do not participate, too willing to let other people or the governement have control of their decisions.

If it is for our benefit, why circumvent parental rights?

I agree entirely. I do believe the dumbing-down of the British media as all part of the agenda. Britain may have the most "sheeple" of any western country and it also has the most dumbed-down media, with only USA to rival it. The media shouldn't have such an impact on people but it clearly does. Both the newspapers and tv stations are unbelieveably dumbed-down, and what is more amazing is that people watch those mind-numbing god-awful tv shows and read the thrashy tabloids. The media is also full of mediocre sports news which serves as another major distraction from what people should really be focusing on. I don't think that it is any kind of coincidence that the 2 countries that are most involved in the bogus "war on terror" also have the most dumbed down media, and also I might add that they have by far the most unhealthy diets, the food that the majority of people eat in US/UK is so unhealthy, so full of chemicals and junk that it is disgusting, the next generation of kids in those countries are so overweight compared to the previous generations. If you are living in UK you will probably be aware of the awful school dinners that the state are feeding to the children, an english chef Jamie Oliver publicised how dreadful and harmful it was in recent years. I think it is all part of the dumbing down of society, and the more dumbed down the society the easier it is to control them and to pass fascist laws and force people to submit to fingerprinting, ID cards and microchipping will be very soon to follow.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Well, if the UK is acting as a test bed for a later use in the USA, the powers that be ought to take into consideration how many more guns are in America as compared to other countries. Our stand on the second amendment, while ridiculed in many threads, is the number one reason that our politicians tread lightly.

They may try that here, but I don't think it will be an easy sell.

Slowly and surely being eroded. The gov't will not start in pro-gun states of course, they'll start in the most liberal states, in fact already done and tried in SF, CA. The people voted for a gun ban, it passed. Then some fought the law and won recently to overturn.

Somewhere else it will be tried and possibly succeed...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Especially with this going on in the UK, and how Bush and and the British guy are so close, we can expect marshall law before the november elections. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
I do believe the dumbing-down of the British media as all part of the agenda. Britain may have the most "sheeple" of any western country and it also has the most dumbed-down media, with only USA to rival it. The media shouldn't have such an impact on people but it clearly does.

While I accept that the media is part of the problem I think it is about time that we stopped finding excuses and addressed our own shortcomings. We blindly follow leadership we opt out of the voting process in passive complaint and then we sit around and point the finger. We all need to take responsibility and stop expecting things to get better without our participation. It is voyeurism in the extreme, we all sit around the TV watching our own demise. How many of us disagree with the Iraqi war/War on Terrorism but where are the protests?

In many ways we have brought surveillance up on ourselves, the symbiotic dependancy on state - some worse than others. We all sit around waiting for our lottery numbers to come up or for a hero to save us. Both highly unlikely to happen so we trust that eventually a government will get it right and in the meantime we'll just have to make do.

I love Jamie Oliver, I don't watch his programmes, but he gives a damn and he's willing to put his money where his mouth is, his shoulder to the grind stone, he doesn't just write a cheque he actually invests his time. Same for Oprah Winfrey. They appreciate the money they have earned and want to see that good is done, not admin processed. Oliver got government backing remember it was the parents that caused the most problems - delivering chip butties via the school fence.

I don't know how the US is going to move forward there is so much religious conflict, they have too many rights, profiteering and corruption. Something has got to give and I don't think it is going to be pretty. In the UK we have to accept full responsibility for the actions of our government, we know better, we cling to the notion of Empire and it is long gone, we have to let go of the past and move forward.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well maybe if people stopped acting crazy the government wouldnt have to babysit its citizens.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If the government will stop re-defining crazy, maybe there will be less of a problem.

Here in the US we get a new law on average about every three minutes, there's no human that could untangle the tax code, and the best guess anyone has is that knowingly or not, a law is broken every second of every day.

O.K.-Those are BS statistics, I made them up. But I'm pointing out a truth here. We have so many laws, some even conflicting, that a normal citizen could be arrested at any time. Our jails are big business, and the costs of them to taxpayers are enormous.

Lawsuites end up often just paying the lawyers. It's small wonder that people care more about getting caught than the issue of right and wrong. Most people just figure that since the system is so out of balance, "there's no way to observe the law".

This creates a society that has little or no respect for the law.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
maybe if the government would stop acting like everyone is crazy, the citizens wouldn't have to babysit the government.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
maybe if the government would stop acting like everyone is crazy, the citizens wouldn't have to babysit the government.

That doesnt make any sense at all. We vote for our leaders, and allow to be put into power who we as a society want, too look out for us, thats how it happens about as close to babysitting I can get. But to be honest people are getting crazier and the governement has to babysit.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
to be honest, when i read comments like yours, i want to grab a pitchfork and a torch, and march on castle frankenstein with an angry mob at my back.
to be honest, the new world order agenda is real and here right now, and it is not average people who are dangerous, it is the power-mongers.
to be honest, the vote is a sham, and the 'choices' are a sham. it is just an elaborate play of good cop/bad cop, from a couple of corrupt cops.
to be honest, i agree with the forefathers of america and the magna carta.
to be honest, the bush league cheney gang have shredded the constitution, and turned america into an orwellian police state.

right, copper?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When the 'vote' is considered, it amounts to nothing in the opinion of many. We have widespread voter fraud in America, and these new machines that leave no paper trail will only make things worse.

Consider this time around, the choice is poor at best. Since it seems to be the dems turn to hold the White House, it's Obama or Hillary. I doubt my wife would want me to invite either one home for lunch. Our system is a sham, it's the same type of uncaring people, just new names, every election.

And all of them are for sale. I've heard it said that prostitution is the oldest profession, but I'm pretty convinced there was some joker trying to get out of working and hunting by being boss long before any Neandertal lady of ill repute came to be.

They want to create a feeling of being needed, so they pass babysitting laws to justify huge saleries, all the while taking as much graft as they can stuff in their pockets.

Pox on them all.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
We vote for our leaders, and allow to be put into power who we as a society want, too look out for us, thats how it happens about as close to babysitting I can get. But to be honest people are getting crazier and the governement has to babysit.

Are you sure about that? What about the election fraud particularly of the last 2 presidential elections.
Also consider that out of the entire population of USA you had a choice to vote for just 2 candidates, you had no choice in who those 2 candidates were. Both of those candidates are members of the Skull & Bones secret society, so whichever of the 2 puppets you voted for it was a Skull & Bones president. So out of the entire US population you had a choice to vote for either 1 Skull & Bonesman or.......hmmm...another Skull & Bonesman. Is that really a democracy, you vote for their man either way, they are laughing at all of us.
1 of the 2 candidates own father had been a president only a few years earlier, and his brother Jeb is tipped as a possible future president. The people of USA have very little choice as to who will be President. The current Presidents grandfather was a traitor to the country. Did you really chose to be "babysit" by the Bush family???
www.serendipity.li...
youtube.com...
Did society really chose the Bush family as presidents, or was that choice made for them????

[edit on 23-4-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
We vote for our leaders, and allow to be put into power who we as a society want, too look out for us, thats how it happens about as close to babysitting I can get. But to be honest people are getting crazier and the governement has to babysit.

What a generalization that is. People are getting crazier? Maybe its just a few out of billions on this planet every year that perform, as you categorize, crazy actions.

Its akin to: How many car accidents occur in a year in the USA? It is needless to say quite many! How many do you personally hear about in the news, either internet, newspaper or tv every year? maybe just in your local area or famous crashes.

Now how many airplane crashes occur every year in the US (from small to large)? And how many or what percentage do we hear about in the news? I'm sure that the percentage of air crashes we hear about is orders of magnitude higher than compared with the percentage of auto accidents we hear about vs auto crashes that actually occur nationwide.

Does that mean that there are many more airplane accidents and crashes than car crashes?

[edit on 24-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
Did society really chose the Bush family as presidents, or was that choice made for them????

Nail on the head - the ballots were rigged - it was obvious, there was evidence etc etc etc etc. What happened? The system is not perfect and the only way it can improve is if people actually get up and protest. Where is their representation? Who cried foul? Effectively Bush is the result of an illegal ballot, but thats okay, not to worry, it might just be better next time.

Time and time again money buys power. George W Bush is the epitome of this - I mean really what can anyone say??? Does he dazzle with style or baffle with bulls**t? I'm sure he's quite the card at a cocktail party but running a country the size and with the power of the US he wears a little thin. I'm being polite, but you get my drift, we all know that he is not the best that the US has to offer - I mean why not Bruce Willis, he wouldn't fluff his lines quite so much at least. Plus he's much more pleasing on the eye.

It is not the need for CCTV, Biometric data and chips that I oppose, i can see the benefits and understand that some things do progress in a seemingly alarming direction. What I oppose is that the technology is implemented without first being defined legally. The data needs to be controlled and protected. It should not be permitted to stand as the only evidence against you in a criminal proceedings. It should not be commercially exploitable. It should be highly secure.

It's about who is in charge of the buttons and whether you trust them with your life.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I remember being fingerprinted in kindergarten...in the classroom back in 82-83. I'm sure no consent. usa

thanks for the memory dirty bastards!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
What I would like to know is what happens if you flatly refuse to give your fingerprints in one of these stops?

They can't arrest you surely!!

I am English but SO glad I moved to France a few years ago. I suppose it will come over here aswell eventually

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
more on the Big Brother agenda in UK

news.independent.co.uk...

Fingerprinting agenda in Florida schools

www.sun-sentinel.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join