It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pocong ghost sighting (3 videos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of a "Pocong"? From what I gather, this is an Indonesian ghost type. Never really heard of it before, but there are a few videos on youtube dealing with it.

The first video is a recording of a recording with the description:

"A ghost sighting in a old graveyard in Indonesia. It's called pocong, a kind of ghost wrapped in white cloth (kafan) used in local funeral."

www.youtube.com...

The second and third do indeed seem to be people wrapped in sheets.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-4-2007 by bartleby]

[edit on 20-4-2007 by bartleby]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
the videos are odd to say the least. in the first video it just looks like a person walking but then wisps up into the air. yet its a recording of a recording, so the quality is poor. the sheet could have been takin off using a quick rope pull. the other two videos ive never seen anything like before because they look like people just hopping around in sheets. are these pocong supposed to hop? either way, it does say pocong are supposed to be dead wrapped in burial sheets so, the fact that they look like people in sheets is dead on.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I wonder if that’s where the concept for the old stereotypical haunted house sheet ghost's came from...

The first video is very strange, but like Influence said, it's far too poor quality to determine if it's real or not.

The second one is weird, because the guy does sound genuinely frightened, but it does just look like a person wrapped in a sheet - possibly playing a prank.

And the third just looks like some folks making a stupid video. I agree with what one of the users on You tube said about it looking like a guy waiting in the cold.

One thing I noticed about these videos is that the sheets are all 'Daz' white - should they not be dirty if they've been buried in them?

Very interesting all the same.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
first one: my impression (though real analysis is next to impossible with such bad quality) of this one is a bit of half-arsed stage magic. guy walking in a sheet with a rope-pulley apparatus attached to the top, at a certain point he drops down into some brush or ducks behind a tree as the sheet is yanked up and away from him. again, hard to tell anything more specific because of the ****-poor quality of the video...

second one: guy walking in a sheet or a white cloak. aside from a bit of overacting by the guy taking the video, there's nothing to make anyone think that's a ghost...

third one: this one gives me the impression of being a small dummy suspended in a tree and rapidly yanked up and down by a simple pulley (probably a rope draped over a branch), but it could also just be a person in a white sheet, since there's not much of the 'ghost' actually shown in the video.

nothing really compelling in any of the three, sorry to say.

last minute add-on; here's what good ole wikipedia has to say about the pocong: en.wikipedia.org...

it looks like hopping IS part of the motus operandi with these guys, but i didn't notice much hopping except from the last one, and it surely didn't look like any of them had their feet tied together.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ahahah. They made me laugh! All 3 of them are stupid kids dressed up in white sheets and walking across the camera.

The 2nd one was a joke. Read the description of the video. Ahaha, it was funny 'cause the dude was jumpin' and skippin' around. He almost fell a couple times.

Gotta love fake ghost videos!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
looks like some drunk people in midnight pottao sack races

new topics

top topics

join