It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven M. Greer releases UFO photographs!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I really feel so bad for the witnesses that Greer has collected testimony from over the years. I think that a good portion of them are at minimum very valid, believable witnesses to something very unusual going on. Earthly or not...

But imagine being one of these people, some of which for years have been silent. Some have been vocal but have endured the typical ridicule seen with many witnesses. Regardless though, Greer comes along and actually convinces most of these people that they will be heard and that the congress will hold hearings. The overwhelming amount of witness testimonies and the professional character of those providing the testimonies will blow down the doors of secrecy in our government and lead all who want to see it the truth about UFO's and the gov. involvement in them. And with no crystal ball in hand, they fall in lock step with Greer and what appears to be a very legitamate and well planned cause.

Then your guy goes (or is going) all Heavens Gate on you - man, if I were one of these people I'd never talk again, never trust anyone in the UFO community again. It would go to my grave with me. Its just unfathomable how many good solid people may end up going down the tubes with Greer because of his choosing this path he is on. He is literally taking a giant crap on these good peoples credibilities and characters, I mean how can someone do something like that on purpose to other people. Its beyond me....

Really sad. I really feel for those people.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Purely my opinion.

I think those were bad photos to post, after looking through this thread. (good detective work on arguing the photos by the way!)

However, I closely follow Greer's work and just because he's not very good with photos and gets overly excited at things that might not be real, I don't discredit his intentions or think he's some behind the scences disinfo agent or profiteer.

I think he's more of an over believing optimist than anything and I will continue to follow his work with a little bit of healthy skeptism since his other work with Disclosure Project is so compelling to me. He wants to believe everything so badly, that perhaps it clouds his judgement sometimes and he makes proclamations based on testimonies as if they are fact without showing tangible proof. Perhaps once you get into the UFO world like he has and you realize how many crazy things are possibly real, then it's hard to figure out what's not real and harder to use discretion and I think these photos prove this.

I don't think he would intentially post 'faulty' photos, he's just overly optimistic about these photos perhaps and looks for any little phenonmenon during his Seti sessions to prove his point. Maybe he just asked his Web master to put a couple of these up, who knows.

Although I think that sitting in the wilderness and meditating on something with a group of people puts you in a very believing state of mind where certain phenomenon could be misinterpreted, I don't totally discredit it.

Once again, I do not think he is in this to make money. With his courage, intelligence and determination he could have been succesful in other more profitable fields. If all he really cared about was money, he could have turned to the real darkside and become a pharmaceutical lobbyist!

[edit on 23-4-2007 by rocketsauce]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocketsauce
However, I closely follow Greer's work and just because he's not very good with photos and gets overly excited at things that might not be real,
He wants to believe everything so badly, that perhaps it clouds his judgement sometimes and he makes proclamations based on testimonies as if they are fact without showing tangible proof.

If that's the case, then he does not have the strength of will or the good judgement to lead a group like TDP or CSETI. If he can't tell the difference between a moth and an alien energy anchor, then quite clearly, his credibility is shot to pieces.

I don't think he would intentially post 'faulty' photos, he's just overly optimistic about these photos perhaps and looks for any little phenonmenon during his Seti sessions to prove his point. Maybe he just asked his Web master to put a couple of these up, who knows.

I think that he would intentionally post false photos - and he has. Someone has to take responsibility for the photos on his website, so why not the person in charge?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So Greer had a couple bad pictures and his judgement isn't great.

That doesn't personally negate my interest, but if it negates your interest or other people's interest, cool, maybe you should consider not bothering to follow any of his work since it's a waste of time. Most of the other UFO stuff, I don't bother to follow because of this. If I think something is completely BS, I don't bother following it or try and convince others to not follow it, but that's just me.

Others have made a living off of debunking, so maybe you could profit from your own debunking down the road by publishing an anti Greer book, just as Greer profits from his disclosures? I would buy your book. It's easy to make a penny off of this subject if one is motivated to manipulate UFO theories and fraud, right?

I appreciate the work that went into disecting his photos, that was helpful and shows Greer lacks judgement, which is also easy to learn from the fact that he makes a lot of outrageous claims without showing cold hard evidence outside of testimony.

But I still believe, as naive as you make think it is, that he wouldn't intentionally post bad pictures. If he is a smart person (which he obviously is), purposely posting fake pictures is shooting himself in the foot. I don't think he has some crazy hidden agenda. If he does, I think he choose the wrong subject to get a lot of press and mainstream approval and money from. He would have been better off starting a reality show about the ER. If his hidden agenda is to be the highest grossing UFO cult leader, than that's a pretty strange goal and I would be happy to elect him to this post.

If you do think he has a hidden agenda and has spent all this energy and gotten all these contacts so he can make some extra money, then you are free to believe that. If you spent 1/8 the amount of time that Greer has on a project trying to gain credibility, I personally wouldn't do anything on purpose to lose that credibility, but if you think he's an idiot and would do this, than I wonder how come no one else has developed the network and testimonies he has. Was that by accident? Are the people he associates with stupid too? Why hasn't Stanton Friendmen developed this many testimonies or held a press conference like Greer?

I think he's a goofy overzealous guilable new age guy, he's not John Wayne but he's not cobra commander. I accept that and still choose to follow his work. Doesn't mean that you have to waste your time. Many in the new age world are so open minded they believe everything, doesn't make them a bad person or evil intentions.

I won't be posting in this particular thread anymore, I"m going to wait until more Greer news comes out, but I think this thread was definitely insightful. Kudos again for showing how those picks could be made via moths.

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by rocketsauce
However, I closely follow Greer's work and just because he's not very good with photos and gets overly excited at things that might not be real,
He wants to believe everything so badly, that perhaps it clouds his judgement sometimes and he makes proclamations based on testimonies as if they are fact without showing tangible proof.

If that's the case, then he does not have the strength of will or the good judgement to lead a group like TDP or CSETI. If he can't tell the difference between a moth and an alien energy anchor, then quite clearly, his credibility is shot to pieces.

I think that he would intentionally post false photos - and he has. Someone has to take responsibility for the photos on his website, so why not the person in charge?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The disclosure project was a possible step forward but then 911 happened and we never heard of it again.

But to be honest, now knowing that Greer's been in Girls gone wild... he lost all possible respect he could have had from me.

That alone is enough to tell me what he's really about.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy_the_mountain
Now he's all buffed out, slicked back, and lasiced and starring in "Girls Gone Wild: Mt Shasta." Keep the party rolling,

hahaha! You think???

Maybe he retouched his pictures to make him look buff and slick??? Add a burst of light here, flap a moth's wings there! Hahahaha!

that's hilarious!

jeesus... what in the heck were they thinking putting that baloney up there? that is the worst!! except for that blue light on the rocks, which looks a bit dodgey too, this is tragic stupidity at it's finest.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Does Greer really stand behind these photos or did someone else just put them up there and make those claims???

Seriously have got to be kidding me with these. Please Greer come forward and let people know these aren't your claims. Get some real footage and photos of the UFOs you claim you can call in.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
But to be honest, now knowing that Greer's been in Girls gone wild... he lost all possible respect he could have had from me.

Please tell me you're joking....Greer has never been in Girls Gone Wild. The poster who mentioned it was being sarcastic referring to the pic of him with 2 girls in a coffee shop.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr

Please tell me you're joking....Greer has never been in Girls Gone Wild. The poster who mentioned it was being sarcastic referring to the pic of him with 2 girls in a coffee shop.

Greer was totally in Girls Gone Wild! I have proof and over 400 witnesses who saw him. I'm also working on speaking with a G7 country on further profiting from Greer's series of GGW videos.

Just kidding of course. Greer and GGW made me laugh out loud

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The disclosure project was a possible step forward but then 911 happened and we never heard of it again.

What?!

I hope you're joking.

If you are what you said is really funny.

If it's not....

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Err...at the risk of seeming uneducated, what is Girls Gone Wild?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Err...at the risk of seeming uneducated, what is Girls Gone Wild?

If you don't have to go to work some morning, stay up late and watch the infomercials.

I don't know if I can say this, but basically the GGW people would go out to places like spring break or mardi gras and get girls to flash, etc for the camera, and then you can go and buy the video.

The guy that was running it eventually got arrested, providing alcohol to minors, falsifying verification of age docs, stuff of that sort.

google it, i'm sure you'll find something interesting.....

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I try very hard to reserve judgment on paranormal phenomena, as it is paranormal.
But the claims and the photo evidence don't pair up here, in my opinion. I am going to try taking some very low light photos and see if they are similar.

Regardless, simple phenomena can explain all of the 'evidence'. Most of this isn't even credible in the remotest of contexts. I am kind of surprised that the evidence is this flaky. Oh well.

At least the blue light is interesting.

The rest is so prosaic as to make me cry.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial

The rest is so prosaic as to make me cry.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

Don't cry, the people who should be crying are the ones in the photos that paid lots of $$$ ($800-$15,000) to see moths.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

Well, I have my opinions on it - I think he did it for a reason, to discredit them so no one will believe them because they are all behind Greer's little battle flag of new age space ship vector parties. Think about it. Who in their right mind would believe them now? Even though you have all the documents and everything else that supports their claims - who has the rights to their testimonies? YUP, you guessed it... GREER. He had them all sign waivers and he controls the content of everything they stated (for his book deal, and TDP video testimony). Poof! There goes 450+ witnesses down the disinformation drain. So, I too feel for them and hopefully one day Karma will get Greer.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

who has the rights to their testimonies? YUP, you guessed it... GREER. He had them all sign waivers and he controls the content of everything they stated (for his book deal, and TDP video testimony). Poof! There goes 450+ witnesses down the disinformation drain.

Nonsense!

The DP witnesses are all free to do their own thing - write books, post articles on the web, do radio or TV interviews, record other video footage of themselves and post it.... whatever they want!

Sure Greer owns the rights to the video testimony that HE himself shot of them - but that doesn't mean they can't produce other footage!

Sure Greer put their testimony in a book and owns the rights to THAT SPECIFIC BOOK - but that doesn't stop the DP witnesses from writing other books! Or posting articles on the web!

So come off it with this "Greer owns the DP witnesses" crap.....

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by millerman

millerman, the use of quotation marks usually implies that you are directly quoting what another person typed.

Where did kroms33 ever type that "Greer owns the DP witnesses"?

That's a quote that you made up to try to insert an assertation that kroms33 never made.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

millerman, the use of quotation marks usually implies that you are directly quoting what another person typed.

Where did kroms33 ever type that "Greer owns the DP witnesses"?

That's a quote that you made up to try to insert an assertation that kroms33 never made.

kroms acts like Greer owns all the testimony of all the DP witnesses.

This is false - he only owns the specific testimony that he himself transcribed/recorded!

There is absolutely nothing stopping the DP witnesses from speaking for themselves and doing their own thing and making other testimonies outside of TDP.....

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by Lost_Mind

Well, I have my opinions on it - I think he did it for a reason, to discredit them so no one will believe them because they are all behind Greer's little battle flag of new age space ship vector parties. Think about it. Who in their right mind would believe them now? Even though you have all the documents and everything else that supports their claims - who has the rights to their testimonies? YUP, you guessed it... GREER. He had them all sign waivers and he controls the content of everything they stated (for his book deal, and TDP video testimony). Poof! There goes 450+ witnesses down the disinformation drain. So, I too feel for them and hopefully one day Karma will get Greer.

I can understand being frustrated and bummed out about Greer's lack of discretion in certain situations.

But to say, "I hope one day Karma will get greer"? What's that about? He put the whole thing together in the first place. Maybe you should volunteer as the PR person so he doesn't make these dumb mistakes in the future.

This back and forth with Greer's credibility is boring. The photo analysis was cool and helpful, but to continue to repeat the same negative statements over and over .... not sure if that does much.

Hopefully there will be some more credible news in the future to post about.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

kroms acts like Greer owns all the testimony of all the DP witnesses.

This is false - he only owns the specific testimony that he himself transcribed/recorded!

There is absolutely nothing stopping the DP witnesses from speaking for themselves and doing their own thing and making other testimonies outside of TDP.....

And the testimony that he himself transcribed/recorded is from WHO? And WHERE ELSE have the witnesses testified about their experiences besides TDP?

Your statements are self defeating in a logical manner.

You yourself admit that Greer owns the testimony that HE recorded - who else did the witnesses disclose information to for a book or video?
Please - support your argument, it should be interesting to hear/read.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by kroms33]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join