It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven M. Greer releases UFO photographs!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Oh, this has a lot to do with it, it firmly proves, that greer is a liar. Let me tell you, if i had proof of alien visitors, i wouldn't need to tell lies about alien visitors. Either it would be disclosed or i would have to keep my mouth sealed shut about it.

Can you PROVE that Greer and CSETI have never vectored in a UFO, after watching that video?

No and neither can i prove,that there is an invisible elf or tiger in my garden, i can tell you, that it would take 20-30 minutes to redo this video and mine would have MORE voices saying "triangle triangle" - no, i won't do it for you, so don't ask.

And your corrobation is a good laugh, the man said

[edit] unproperly formatted external link, i'm deeply ashamed, schuyler did it better

Let me repeat this for you "let's just say he has a very, very bad habit of greatly embellishing what he sees" Do you understand this ?

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Also, I feel I should point out, there is yet MORE corroboration for the "Gulf Breeze" encounter in this article.....

Right. such as this, from the article, "Alien Brothers; come on down!" by Alex Heard, Outside magazine, (c) 1994

"The sad part," grumbles Bruce Morrison, a local skywatcher whom Greer lists as a witness to this historic contact, "is that we were standing right next to him and we have everything on videotape and voice tape. Regarding his claims, let's just say he has a very, very bad habit of greatly embellishing what he sees."

Recommended reading for everyone, a very nice write-up by someone who paid the bucks and went on a Greer camping trip. And, incidentally, documentation for c3hamby and millerman who want "just one" disgruntled Greer attendee. In addition to the one (just one!) pointed out yesterday, there are several more depicted in this article.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry

Can you PROVE that Greer and CSETI have never vectored in a UFO, after watching that video?

No and neither can i prove,that there is an invisible elf or tiger in my garden, i can tell you, that it would take 20-30 minutes to redo this video and mine would have MORE voices saying "triangle triangle" - no, i won't do it for you, so don't ask.

Yet another person who evidently hasn't even watched the video!

I'm not talking about the "Triangle, Triangle!" video, I'm talking about this video, you know the one where a NEWS ANCHOR accompanies them on an expedition, then goes on NATIONAL TV saying "I DID see a UFO!"

WATCH the video, then come back and tell me Greer is a liar and can't vector in UFOs!

And your corrobation is a good laugh, the man said

"The sad part," grumbles Bruce Morrison, a local skywatcher whom Greer lists as a witness to this historic contact, "is that we were standing right next to him and we have everything on videotape and voice tape. Regarding his claims, let's just say he has a very, very bad habit of greatly embellishing what he sees."

Yes, another witness, given by first name even, who says he was there, the event did happen, and it was recorded on video and audio tape.

It's called "corroborating evidence".

We now have FOUR points of corroboration to the fact that CSETI has this footage, and they probably have more too.

Let me repeat this for you "let's just say he has a very, very bad habit of greatly embellishing what he sees" Do you understand this ?

He is also a human being, and prone to egotism and mistakes, just like you, and me, and Debbie Foch the CSETI coordinator, and everyone else in the world.

The point is, the video I keep telling you to watch is pretty solid evidence that Greer and CSETI can vector in UFOs, and they have MORE footage like that in their possession that we have not yet seen.

Keep listing the negative evidence all you want, but you will NOT make this positive evidence go away.....

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Recommended reading for everyone, a very nice write-up by someone who paid the bucks and went on a Greer camping trip. And, incidentally, documentation for c3hamby and millerman who want "just one" disgruntled Greer attendee. In addition to the one (just one!) pointed out yesterday, there are several more depicted in this article.

In the article it also says that at that time, in 1994, CSETI membership was up to around 1000. So by now, it's likely in the several thousands.

So we have "several disgruntled attendees", versus THOUSANDS of apparently satisfied ones.

Still way more positive evidence than negative.....

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The point is, the video I keep telling you to watch is pretty solid evidence that Greer and CSETI can vector in UFOs, and they have MORE footage like that in their possession that we have not yet seen.

If you KNOW this and yes, that's a statement, why are you so pushing for the members to contact them for info that they "supposedly" had, re: your previous posts. Pied Piper?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If you KNOW this and yes, that's a statement,

Well I don't KNOW it for a fact, I haven't seen it myself, but the CSETI coordinator admitted to me that they have it, and as we have seen there are [at least] three other points of corroboration for it.

why are you so pushing for the members to contact them for info that they "supposedly" had, re: your previous posts. Pied Piper?

To double-check the information I'm providing, and maybe if enough people start actually communicating with CSETI and asking them to provide evidence, they'll cave in and provide it.

I'm no "Pied Piper", I can't weave a magic spell and MAKE you talk to CSETI or do anything, people have to decide that for themselves. Last time I checked everybody's free to make up their own mind here.....

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i red all the greer's book and i can define myself as a skeptical,but after seeing the video where indeed they vectored a ufo i think that greer is saying the truth (at least some part of it).

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

So we have "several disgruntled attendees", versus THOUSANDS of apparently satisfied ones. Still way more positive evidence than negative.....

The point is that you made a BIG DEAL that no one could find ANY disgruntled attendees, going so far as to say, "Find just one!" repeatedly. well, we've found more than one, then you dismiss it. That kind of behavior is weasling around the issue. Now, you say 'versus THOUSANDS of apparently satisfied ones." Opeative word: "apparently." You are counting people who have not given a view as positive. At best they are neutral. Unless you can come up with some valid polling data, you can't count unvoiced opinions as positive.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes, but what does any of this have to do with the fact that CSETI has more evidence in their possession than we've yet seen? Especially the footage of the "Gulf Breeze" encounter, which we now have FOUR points of corroboration for?

Having your business partners/ co-conspirators say the same things you say isn't corroboration of a fact. It is simply propagation of a lie or dissemination of a fraud. Nothing more.

ONE trip out to the woods where they didn't see anything. No big loss.

What do you mean 'one trip out to the woods'? Greer has brought nothing back from any of the trips he has made to the woods other than photos of insects and videos of satellites.

We have heard from the independant participants who aren't getting a cut of the cash. They have clearly stated that Greer claims that mundane, everyday things are extraterrestrial. This is indicative of unambiguous fraud!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

the one where a NEWS ANCHOR accompanies them on an expedition, then goes on NATIONAL TV saying "I DID see a UFO!"

WATCH the video, then come back and tell me Greer is a liar and can't vector in UFOs!

I've watched the video again and Greer is a liar and can't vector extraterrestrial spacecraft! Greer says, refering to a tiny light in the sky, "This is no airplane". He's clearly trying to influence the trust the $800 attendees have put in him.

What the anchor actually says is, "We saw something tonight, we don't know what it was, but as long as human beings claim to be meeting extraterrestrials CSETI will be trying to make contact ."

Trying to make contact? CSETI/Greer says they have made contact! - yet more back-tracking contradictions!

The anchor finally says, "I saw something flying and nobody could identify it so I guess you'd have to say I did see a UFO." In other words the observers didn't know what it was, so it could have been Saturn, a satellite or an aircraft. Greer pushed them into thinking it may be something extraterrsestrial.

Simple manipulation of the situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Yes, but what does any of this have to do with the fact that CSETI has more evidence in their possession than we've yet seen? Especially the footage of the "Gulf Breeze" encounter, which we now have FOUR points of corroboration for?

Having your business partners/ co-conspirators say the same things you say isn't corroboration of a fact. It is simply propagation of a lie or dissemination of a fraud. Nothing more.

Where's your proof?

I am not even a CSETI member.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
What the anchor actually says is, "We saw something tonight, we don't know what it was, but as long as human beings claim to be meeting extraterrestrials CSETI will be trying to make contact ."

Trying to make contact? CSETI/Greer says they have made contact! - yet more back-tracking contradictions!

It's an old video, from the early 90's. Things have progressed since then.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Does no one care that I now have three points of corroboration for the "Gulf Breeze" footage?

MrdDstrbr, unless they show the evidence, then they don't have it.

Mouthpiece Debbie can not be used as evidence in any way, she's a part of the Cult and will spin the dogman to all and sundry.

Cult Greer has NOTHING as it releases NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Where's your "undeniable proof" that he's a liar?

Here it is: A picture of a moth being called an alien energy anchor being.

Claiming levitation without proof.

Claiming that ET forced gunmen to down their rifles and play guitars.

Lies, damned lies all forced down the throats of zealots.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode
i red all the greer's book and i can define myself as a skeptical,but after seeing the video where indeed they vectored a ufo i think that greer is saying the truth (at least some part of it).

Thanks, that's how I see it too.

Something real seems to be going on with Greer, so it's a matter of finding out what's true and what's exaggerated....

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by umbracode

You saw a video that showed a distant light in the sky for perhaps one second by a group of credulous people, for the most part, who SO want to believe. That's all. If you depict that light as evidence, your standards are way too low. If that single light in the sky convinces you Greer is telling the truth, I feel sorry for you. If I see a picture of an alien burned into my grilled-cheese sandwich, I can claim that as proof just as easily. Better yet, I can sell it on e-Bay.

You can see in the video footage where the group sets up lasers to project in the sky along with ‘whoop whoop’ signals that are supposed to attract the UFO to this landing site. It gives the video a surreal light-show effect. This is exactly the same behavior exhibited by Melanesian islanders after the advent of western culture. Their ancestral spirits were banished by missionaries insisting on Christianity, but they figured the spirits would be back in airplanes. They would make runways for the airplanes to land with untold quantities of material goods and wait for the airplanes to arrive.

One good book on this is “The Trumpet Shall Sound,” by Peter Worsley, New York: Schoken Books, 1968. It’s a study of Cargo Cults in Melanesia.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You saw a video that showed a distant light in the sky for perhaps one second by a group of credulous people, for the most part, who SO want to believe. That's all. If you depict that light as evidence, your standards are way too low. If that single light in the sky convinces you Greer is telling the truth, I feel sorry for you. If I see a picture of an alien burned into my grilled-cheese sandwich, I can claim that as proof just as easily. Better yet, I can sell it on e-Bay.

It's not just that one video; it's all the different points of positive evidence and how they add up and the bigger picture of what's going on in the world.

It's not something I would expect you or other neophobes to understand though.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Ah!! The "I am brighter than you" defense coupled with an ad hominem fallacy. You were told to stop the personal attacks. Now would be a good time.

Neophobe = "a dread or fear of novelty." I'm having a hard time parsing that attempted insult. I don't think it fits at all. You see, Greer's story is one of the oldest around. The contactees in the fifties, such as Adamski and Bethurum, told the same story Greer tells now. Greer has modern bells and whistles, of course, because today a more sophisticated audience is not going to buy a planet Clarion on the other side of the moon. But other than that the story hasn't changed in a century. It's just an old movie adapted to modern times.

Now, in terms of the preponderance of the evidence proving Greer--not so. One bad argument added to other bad arguments equals many bad arguments. So far each individual piece of evidence purporting to sustain Greer has not even made it to mediocre status, and some of them are a lot worse than even mediocre. That just makes it a bigger pile. Jumping up and down yelling EVIDENCE multiple times does not make it so.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Something real seems to be going on with Greer....

We all know that - he's a real fraud! That's the only thing going on.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Ah!! The "I am brighter than you" defense coupled with an ad hominem fallacy. You were told to stop the personal attacks. Now would be a good time.

I don't expect you and I to ever be able to work out our differences on this.

Sad but true.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join