It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The missing bees my theroy .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Im wrighting this here on this board because I havent a clue of a better place to go with this theroy .
Ok so we all know the problem up tom 80% of the bess just go up missing out of hives and the newest theroy is its cell phone raditation that may be causing it .
Well first let me shoot that theroy down . The most ovesy thing cell phone radation doesent account for is the fact that after the hive is empty of bees no other animals will raid it till weeks have went by .
Now I have ready manny post on this problem here and wile some skirt around the most likly true cause none accutly come right out and say it.
So heres my theroy I can give no links as this is comepleatly self thought.
The most likly thing causing the bees to just go up and leave the hive is 1 of 2 things a fungas or mold (why ) fungas and mold is sentisive to changes in heat and moister so if a fungas or mold started growing inside a hive and got to the point were the cemicals it gave off were overbaring to the beees to the point in wich the bees abandon the hive .
Then once the beees have left the hive the air conductiong is no longer supplyed and in the next 2 weeks the fungas dies off .Thus explaning why no other animal goes near the hive in the mean time .
Now the second most likly is more or less the same but instead of a mold or fungas it could be a bactiera that causing the same problem as they are very senstive to changes in heat as well .
So the oves thing to look for is right after the hives are empty and check for mold or bactiera.
Now ovesly I have no way to prove this wich is why I call it a theroy .
and just as ovesly you would think that the scientest them selfs would have thought of this . But what if its a mold or bactirea thats normaly in the hive but for some new reasion its grouth is no longer controled the way it was befor . so u see the same mold fungas or bacteria and never relize its just out of control grouth has upset the balance of the hive .
what could change the grouth rate of a mold or fungas or bacteria well just a 1 degree temp change could very well be enough to change it or manny other things .
So they should be taking a second look at the bactiera and or mold that accurs in the hives already and see if its still in the same normal amounts as older data .
Anyway just a thought and i resurve the right to be wrong lolol.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Did you know that the native UK Bee went extinct around WWI?

Look up the why and how on google and you'll see that bees are quite vulnerable to non standard climate.

To much cold in a year, to low humidity, to hot, to humid, they can all cause disaster for bees.

Check out the irregularities in the climate and most importantly the seasons for the area's where bees are dying or not reproducing.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My half 2-cent input:

I heard one night on the weather report that it had something to do with the warm winter we just had. Im sorry to say I can't remember the precise reason... how weather and the loss of bees/wasps go together.

I was too busy getting pissed with what he said right after the bees thingy... "We are heading for a mosquito year" and I went "DOH!"

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think that you are right. From the entomologist professors that I have talked to, a fungus is probably the most likely. But I also think that until the evidence is collected it's too hard to tell. However, from the people that I have talked to, the disappearing bees aren't the biggest problem. I guess there have been bees being killed by parasites for a long time know, and scientists are just as worried about this. The missing bees are just compounding the problem. it's crazy! I herd from the NYT's that 1 out of every third bite you take is pollinated by honey bees. Good theory, I hope that we figure it out soon. What are your thoughts on global warming changing bees regular patterns or something? I guess that would be one of my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The problem here is people are confusing Theory, with science.

There are literally dozens of theories on the matter... none of them are created by science, which is the point of the scientific process... theorists give science something to test, and science tests it.

It's like the show myth busters. The myths arent created by them, all they do is test them so they can confirm them true or false. Essentially thats all science does. It tests current ideas, and proves them true or false.

Nothing has been proven yet, which is why the scientific community refuses to say anything other than the fact that they are dissapearing.

These are theories, with so many theories being laid lately, each one has a small chance of being correct... each one has a greater chance of being wrong...

Just take them as theories, nobody is claiming with 100% certainty that they are right here... don't argue against them as such.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xcalbiersword
Now ovesly I have no way to prove this wich is why I call it a theroy .

theories cannot be proven they can only be disproven.

anyway, about the whole bee thing...

"Houston, we have a problem."

top topics

join