It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane detained in DULLES Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
dont think its anything much right now

www.washingtonpost.com...

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Half the agents in the washington field office? That's a lot of Feds...Wonder what's happening? I'll bet there's a lotta scared people on that flight right about now...

The fact that people were being moved off of the plane right away tells ya that they knew exactly who they were looking for. Good to know the Feds are quick to respond to possible threats.

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"The plane was being kept several hundred feet from the terminal just as a precaution until questioning was finished, an official said on condition of anonymity. "

50% if the FBI called......Thats pretty scary #..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"WJLA reporting, they were looking for 7-8 suspects. They're interviewing two passengers now, they were told there would be a delay, waited 1 1/2 hours for checks to start, then another 1 1/2 hours before these 2 (husband and wife) were cleared. Questioned middle easterner woman, FBI questioned her, where's your husband? No one knows why flight detained. One BA source said they were looking for 7-8 suspects. That's all."

This could be a huge diversion considering they have 50% of the fbi there. Its strange they kept the plane that far away from the terminal.(Chemicals?)

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
WJLA-7's Rebecca Cooper giving an update on WTOP. US passport holders not questioned, passenger says they seemed to be looking for one specific person.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
you know, if it was a diversion, they did a really good job, because I don't think our intel is that stupid. And here it is after 12:00, and nothing else has happened on the east coast. It's 11:15 here, so I'm still kinda wondering, but I'm doubting anything is going to happen now. We have it under control. Joy

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yeah I finally got that nervous feeling out of my system after NY had the ball drop. However, the midwest and west coast have not yet had New Years yet and LA and LV have been known as targets. I doubt anything will happen though. I am just updating this story as I find more information because I am really amazed that 50% of the FBI was sent in.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They knew something. There was a legitimate threat on that plane, and we controlled it. Unfortunatelly, if that was their attack, AlQueda has mud on their face, and they seem to have an issue with pride. They're gonna want to do something to show they still have what it takes (haha, not against this country, they don't)

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The thing I dont understand is if it was legitimate, I cant imagine that being the only threat this New Years. If indeed it was AQ then we need to keep eyes peeled for the other cells that have undoubtedly been put into action. Again, thats only if it was AQ.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
They knew something. There was a legitimate threat on that plane, and we controlled it. Unfortunatelly, if that was their attack, AlQueda has mud on their face, and they seem to have an issue with pride. They're gonna want to do something to show they still have what it takes (haha, not against this country, they don't)

I just noticed something that nearly everyone does. They knew something, They withold info., They lie to us, They fight wars nobody wants, but WE controlled it! When things go wrong, or not "our" way, it is THEY who are to blame, when congradulations are in order, WE did it!

Just an observation, not meant to be slanderous, and in order to keep this thread on topic, I hope they got who they were looking for. I also hope that nothing happens over here on the West Coast, or in the Central part of the country, as it is 9:30 pac., and I have to hit the sack before it gets to be "that time". Somehow, I missed this story earlier, but once again, whew! Half of the FBI sure must mean something!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
just a small point to whoever it was who said that since they kept the plane away from the terminal, is ther something on board? chemicals?

it would be standard operating procedue to put a suspicious aircraft onto a remote stand. you couldnt negotiate with with terrorists while the airports staff are getting on with their day to day jobs around them! it puts them in danger to be near by and if anything was to happen, like a shoot out perhaps, then they dont want everyone seeing it, or getting in the way.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
%50 of the FBI?!?! Thats a HUGE amount of agents, they must be after someone serious and dangerous if they are being that precautious..wow..could thing they got the job done! It is 10:40 here in Cali, and nothing has happened, let's hope it stays this way..wait and see I guess.

-wD

new topics

top topics

join