It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Official Declares Extraterrestrial Contact Is Real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
lol, when will peeps read
the rense link wasnt upped by me and neither is it or the pic important to the thread.

Also the commision he heads for the Vatican is to research Abductions and UFOs it is also the purpose of the group to help with damage limitation for the church in relation to worldwide disclosure.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoww
the rense link wasnt upped by me and neither is it or the pic important to the thread.

Also the commision he heads for the Vatican is to research Abductions and UFOs it is also the purpose of the group to help with damage limitation for the church in relation to worldwide disclosure.

i couldnt read every little tid bit of info, but the article is from 1998. It is now 2007 and nothing has happened. So what i dont understand is why is this being bought up now, as if something is going to happen soon?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
World Disclosure Campaign 04/07
www.cosmicparadigm.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

i couldnt read every little tid bit of info, but the article is from 1998. It is now 2007 and nothing has happened. So what i dont understand is why is this being bought up now, as if something is going to happen soon?

He has had 5 recent T.V. appearances and is saying these things in every one.
His current positions at the Vatican are incredibly significant.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can't speak for all the other predicted dates, but for some strange reason the 2012 does resonate with my gut instinct. I can't explain why but it does. I don't think it will be anything like the end of the world, but I know something big is going to transpire.

Originally posted by yeti101

You probaly believe in all this 2012 rubbish too am i right? Ill stake my reputation on disclosure not happening within the next 5 years.

lets see whos right.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I agree RT..
I dont know what..
But many different things point to something big around that time...
I also believe if the Prophecy is not true, that people are trying to make it true.
So one way or another it is likely to be fulfilled... at least to a certain degree.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Balducci certainly is a interesting character to read about. Seems as though he is not basing his opinion on anything "official", say from the Vatican Library or at least he isnt using it as a public reference to form his opinion.

In order for this to be a statement offered as from a Vatican Official, wouldnt the Vatican need to be publically endorsing his statements? They dont certainly appear to be doing that, not that I could find anyhow.

Checked with Catholic News Service and only one article came up talking about another brother speculating about the ramifications of the discovery of alien life on the church and its members. Not Vatican sanctioned anything just personal speculation on his behalf.

Now if Balducci had a Vatican Sanctioned Letter or Press Release re: these statements of his we would have some real meat on our hands.

Most everything I have found on the net re: Vatican and ET/UFO connections are from a plethora of UFO/Alien speculation sites none of which are doing anything other than regurgitating the interviews that Paola Harris did with the good Monsignor a while back.

Sounds like no more than the open minded musings of a kindly Monsignor to me. Certainly not a bombshell Vatican press release of any kind.....

Commence calling me an idiot and a stick in the mud and a bad person and reading my post was like breathing over polluted air, etc. etc....I have broad shoulders, I can handle it....

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ironic and of interest is that he worked for the Congregation for the Propagation of the Doctrine, which used to be called The Holy Order Of The Inquisition..
The same people are finding out and interviewing abductees that were once finding "heretics".
Good for the abductees that they dont use the same methods for getting information.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Lost_Mind .. i thought that was a great post..
Backed up nicely, obviously after research.
thanks for the input.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ironic and of interest is that he worked for the Congregation for the Propagation of the Doctrine, which used to be called The Holy Order Of The Inquisition..
The same people are finding out and interviewing abductees that were once finding "heretics".
Good for the abductees that they dont use the same methods for getting information.

Yeah. ET seems to have that angle already taken care of.

(OK, there could be nice ones, but there appear to be a bunch of jerks)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Could it be possible that the Vatican is Order run and is being set up as the One religion in the N.W.O.s agenda..

Can you imagine the power such a small group could have having these positions.
President of USA
Prime Minister UK
Pope
Heads of a one world bank with a single world currency.
Heads of CIA
countless other major positions also.
A dozen people could own the World.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Something else very interesting.
The Pope appointed Jesuit Father George Coyne as Vatican Observatory director. The Vatican have begun working with NASA to locate extraterrestrials with a new telescope.
Here is something from the official Vatican Observatory
clavius.as.arizona.edu...

this link was from this page
clavius.as.arizona.edu...

The Catholic Church is teaming up with America's space agency to search for extra-terrestrials. Jesuit priests who run the Vatican Observatory near Rome say they are joining forces with the NASA agency to hunt for UFOs and signs of life on planets in solar systems similar to Earth's. NASA's job will be to monitor for "alien" communications signals; the Vatican, which has helped to build a new reflector telescope in Tucson, Arizona, would search for planets displaying conditions for life. "Father" George Coyne, director of the Vatican Observatory, said that should intelligent alien life be found, "the Church would be obliged to address the question of whether extra-terrestrials might be brought within the fold and baptized."

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Vatican Observatory

The organization that has the most sophisticated E.T. study program in the world is none other than the Catholic Church. "They've got observatories in Arizona and just outside Rome, And what's more," he said, "they know the truth about aliens."

According to the July/August issue of Science & Spirit magazine there's a shred of truth to the claim. Margaret Wertheim's article, "Looking for God and Aliens" is a profile of Father George Coyne, a Jesuit who for almost 25 years has been the director and senior scientist at the Vatican Observatory Research Group, "a small but intensive unit of cosmologists and astronomers funded by the Holy See," and headquartered in Castel Gandolfo, a fortified castle, once belonging to the Medici, that sits on the rim of an extinct volcano outside Rome. Coyne also conducts research at the University of Arizona's Steward Observatory. He is working on a detailed survey of all the galaxies neighboring the Milky Way--and keeping his eyes peeled for signs of intelligent life. Wertheim is startled when Father Coyne says we should "view stars as God's sperm"

Benedict sacked this guy and put his own man in..
But it speaks volumes again..
Someone else in a high position at the Vatican saying similar things to Corrado.
I would like to know how many more at the Vatican also think like this..
I would also love to see what they know.
I had no idea they took this that seriously..
The way they have gone about gaining this technology and information makes it appear very clear that they know a lot more about this than they are letting on.
The more i look into this, the more a big picture is coming together.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I will only believe ETs have visited Earth when I see them visiting the Vatican or the White House. Anything else is speculation.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Catholic Belief And Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life

If aliens were found, would they have souls? Would the Catholic Church send missionaries to spread the Gospel? Jesuit Brother (and Vatican astronomer) Guy Consolmagno has just published a short book with the Catholic Truth Society on "Intelligent Life in the Universe - Catholic belief and the search for extraterrestrial intelligent life" with answers to these questions.

(Intelligent Life in the Universe - Catholic belief...)

Brother Consolmagno said his aim with the booklet was to reassure Catholics "that you shouldn't be afraid of these questions" and that "no matter what we learn, it doesn't invalidate what we already know" and believe. Scientific study and discovery and religion enrich one another.

He stated that if new forms of life were to be discovered, it would not mean "everything we believe in is wrong," rather, "we're going to find out that everything is truer in ways we couldn't even yet have imagined." Brother Consolmagno does not take a narrow dogmatic view. Here is his answer to the question "Can aliens be made in God's image?"

"The traditional belief is that they are referring to the aspects of the soul - intellect and free will. The ability to know that we exist, that God exists and the freedom to choose to love or not love. Anything, whether it is an intelligent computer or an alien with five arms - if they have those aspects, seems to me they'd be in the image and likeness of God."
(Brother Consolmagno - BBC interview
www.catholicnews.com...

more revelations of the same Ilk...
are we seeing a pattern here??
what does this mean??? - "we're going to find out that everything is truer in ways we couldn't even yet have imagined."
sounds like disclosure.
And this is coming from a Vatican Jesuit Astronomer???
surely all this is great evidence for a forthcoming disclosure?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No offense but do you really think the church will openly admit to their being life outside of our own? It's a HUGE contradiction in the official text (among the countless other contradictions) and it'd lead to hysteria in abundance. I hate discussing religion because I had to sit through Theology for 7 years but from that knowledge I know that there's no way. No possible way.

No matter what happens (if this is indeed true or not) the church WILL mold this to benefit their cause. I'm not really interested in a soiled truth coming from them.

I guess we'll find out in 2012, huh you guys?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
lol, I knew before I went to bed last night that this topic would be on the front page, and I was right.

If this guy really does work for the Pope, perhaps somebody could call up the Vatican, get out a tape recorder, and get audio confirmation?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yawn...
If you read... i did call the Vatican
All the info is in this thread..
I have not predicted anything for 2012.
The Vatican spokesman told me he was a very interesting guy and recommended an interview.
i have the Number at the Vatican for getting hold of him, if any fluent Italian speakers wanna do it.
there are also multiple references in the thread to his work at the Vatican, including from the official Vatican newspaper and the Vaticans website.
His credentials are no longer being disputed.
There is no hoax.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yawn...
If you read... i did call the Vatican
All the info is in this thread..
I have not predicted anything for 2012.
The Vatican spokesman told me he was a very interesting guy and recommended an interview.
i have the Number at the Vatican for getting hold of him, if any fluent Italian speakers wanna do it.
there are also multiple references in the thread to his work at the Vatican, including from the official Vatican newspaper and the Vaticans website.
His credentials are no longer being disputed.
There is no hoax.

First off I did read the thread. I also read that you called the Vatican, props. I know you haven't predicted anything for 2012 but if you'd have understood why I mentioned it (en.wikipedia.org... scroll down to apocalyptic predictions for a full list) then it may have sparked a smirk.

His credentials are indeed real but that doesn't say much. I think it's too early to say that there's no hoax involved, have you literally tested every bit of information to even form a true theory? Do you even have one? Have you tested these "facts" to their full extent to be able to say, "yes, there is INDEED no hoax" or are you saying that because you'd like for this to happen so much?

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No... all i am saying is he is not a hoax, and that his positions at the Vatican stand up to scrutiny.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join