It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did You Meet The Love Of Your Life ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I met the love of my life playing an online PbEM rpg. He was the 1st officer on the star ship I joined to fill up my time and to give me some sort of companionship during a hard time of my life. It was love at first type. He and I talked for months via IM, before revealing how we felt for each other. We planned to meet, but due to the circumstances of my life, we were unable to. We kept on hopeing and I kept on working to meet. Then I fell on hard luck, and had to make some extremely hard decisions. That's when it all fell apart. I miss him dearly, and hope that if i can get my life in order maybe we can try again.

I guess it's a sad story, but one still in the making.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
match.com

3 yrs later and a one yr. old daughter.

Who would have ever thought? Got tired of meeting bar chics with the tattoo's on the lower back that my friends and I have tagged as "tramp stamp" no offense. I had a hang up on chics with a lower back tattoo's or ankle ring tattoo's for about 6 years. Well after 6 years of dating strippers and club girls I finally came to my senses. The girls I had been chasing were burning money in my pocket and holes in my heart so I thought what the hell I'll try match.com. And I went on 3-4 dates before I met the mother of my first child. We talked had a few things in common. We decided to try a date and when we saw each other and hung out awhile we found we had more in common than what we thought. And two years later our daughter Kendall was born she will be (1) 5-15-07. Life has a strange way of working I never thought about online dating untill I met my girl and I look at my family and know how happy they make me. I guess you can't knock things till you try them. Never know what you might miss out on!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
Then I fell on hard luck, and had to make some extremely hard decisions. That's when it all fell apart.

What kind of decisions were those?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
DBL POST

[edit on 13/5/07 by SteveR]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My biological mom met her husband through a new paper ad 4-5 years ago. They got married and couldn't be happier!!

I met my hunny at my new job. He was trying to get my attention as I walked by and I played shy, well I was shy!! He continued to persue me and got me to go out on a date with him and we haven't been able to part from each other since.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
What kind of decisions were those?

Very confused ones, actually. I would ask him what he thought I should do about various issues that came up... and he would tell me something opposite that I wanted to do. I only asked his input so I could incorperate what he wanted, that would contribute to his happiness. Looking back on it now.... I think I was wrong in going against what I orginally wanted to do, cause it turned out he only answered me thinking of what would of been best for me.. instead of himself. He is a very selfless guy, one of the many reasons i adore him so. I feel he deserves better than me... maybe he can find it now. Doesn't change my feelings for him though. And I still hope.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I had just got a computer and AOL, was checking out the chatrooms. Went into one that was star wars trivia. I whooped his BUTT big time. We chatted for awhile that day, exchanged digits and didn't meet for 3 months. We met in person at a miniature golf place where again I rocked! hehehe its ok though as we played air hockey next and I swear he was out for blood!
10 years later we are still together.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hey Shar... Your story is totally beautiful. Congrats...

I'm like Paristhesia, except I'm a lot older. I've had two really awful long relationships, but never met the special one yet.

Couple of years ago I had a romance with a lady in another city whom I met on the net. I went and stayed with her. It seemed wonderful. We clicked at every level, humour intellect, spiritually (so I thought) and even in bed. She'd ring me long distance. Once we talked for nine hours. She's give me dirty phone calls late at night and frustrate the hell outta me, but sadly she was playing the field. That one really tripped me out.

I could never understand why she went to so much bother winding me up and sucking me in for so long just to dump me. I thought she was my soul mate. Alas, I've never found mine.

I know that they're out there. I just haven't a clue where to find that person.

When you find an exceptional friend and you walk down the street with her and don't notice gorgeous women walking past, well then you know.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I actually like telling this story even though it has a sad ending.

When I went to boot camp, I had no intentions of having even having a girlfriend. Well, I was bsing with my rackmate and I was looking through his pics of his family when I came across a very attractive female. I asked him if it was his girl and he said no, that's my sister. At this point, I'm wanting to write her, so he gave me the address. We wrote letters back and forth while I was in this 13 1/2 week hell and got to know each other pretty well.

Well, graduation day and we meet in person. Sadly, I was in a rush to leave that place that we didn't have a whole lot of time to talk. I was going to continue writing her anyhow, but I lost the bag that had all my letters in it...

SO, I'm in 29 Palms, CA at my job school and I get an email from someone I don't know. It's her. Somehow she found my email and wrote to me. We talked by email and phone for about 6 months. Sometime in the middle of this, I fell for her...hard. I told her and by the grace of the gamer gods she felt the same way.

Well, I was taking leave because I was going over seas and all I had was 11 days. I spent most of those days with her, not my family. Why? Because we both knew that it would be impossible to carry on with this relationship with me so far away. Maybe we should have tried, maybe I still have a chance of getting her back and trying this long distance relationship thing. I can only hope.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
meh old people and they old love stories =P
well im still only 16 so discard my story if you want... but to this day i'm telling ya it was a love not meant to be! (btw she has had a boyfriend the entire time of story)

i was 14 moved to a new town with my mom. when i got there summer was over so the dreaded move to a new school thing went down.
i was quiet and avoided everyone(it was a very small town less than 1200 so avoiding everyone is a very hard thing to do) and i went to my locker to get my books and i find a girl at the locker next to mine imho she was and still is the most beautiful girl there.
so being new i try to avoid her but she goes HEY!!!! your that new kid arent you!!! and i was like yeah and she held out her hand and said hi! my names kiersten and proceeded to ask my name.

~times skip like 5 months~ we are liek best friends i would have dinner with her family as much if not more than my own family.
and one time me and her decided to go bike riding, so we go and she is riding in front of me im behind her and she slows down... and me being the stupid person i was i wasnt watching in front of me and as i turn my head i see her mere feet in front of me so i swerve and crash bad into a ditch.
so im sittin there thinking ok oww that hurt when she runs over and proceeds to apologize multiple times verbally and once with her lips.
yeah i know big shocker seeing as how she has a boyfriend and i had no idea she would even consider dating(or kissing for that matter) me.
so we get our bike ride done and head our seperate ways.

i swear i loved the girl to death i put way too much detail into my story and i said the key parts... she kissed me and i fell in love with her. but i couldnt make a move cause i respected that she had a boyfriend and reasoned that if she was happy with him then im happy.

ok so i moved about a year after this incident and i go to live with my grandma untill my dad comes to take me to live with him( i had some issues with my step-dad)
and i get a phone call from her on my cell she is crying i can hear it and her voice is cracking alot. so i ask her hey whats wrong kierst?( ha looking back on it now i realized alot of stuff pointed to her liking me as much as i liked her. like the fact she was the only one i allowed to give me a pet name and vise versa for her) and she tells me how she just found out her retard(

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
meh old people and they old love stories =P
well im still only 16 so discard my story if you want...

Love is love my friend, it's not exclusive to a certain age.
Your post was great to read, I hope some day you can get to see her again. Who knows what could come of this until you give it a chance.

I'm glad I started this thread now because there's been so many interesting stories.

[edit on 7/7/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have known him since high school

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
and i still think of her all the time... even though im currently dating another girl...
Good story. I really think you should keep in touch and plan on hooking up again. You obviously love her.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Im 38 and I still havent found my soulmate. I wonder if I ever will meet her? hmmmmm..

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Im 38 and I still havent found my soulmate. I wonder if I ever will meet her? hmmmmm..

From the old Crosby, Stills, and Nash tune........

"Love the one your'e with"

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I love this thread.

I met my love in a squatted house (or whatever you call houses that are empty and you just move into in english). I had little money and needed to live some place. He already lived there and had a room that was empty. I moved in and we became good friends. One day we were out of paper to paint on so I suggested body painting.... you can guess the outcome of it. Anyway.. this year we'll get married.

Juliet

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I had given up on men completely. I had so many bad experiences, I decided that if there's a man for me, he must live in Iran and we'll never meet. So I made up my mind to live my life as a happy, fulfilled, single woman with cats.

For 3 years I didn't even date. Then, when I went to work at a new place, I met a lot of nice people. One guy was "just a nice guy" to whom I wasn't attracted, because I had a history of being attracted to the bad boys. But after having an adjacent cubicle to this guy and hearing his conversations with other people, I began to be attracted to the PERSON he was.

He seemed to have a great deal of integrity and a strength of conviction that I rarely saw in people.

So I asked him out. And 17 years later, here we are...
I've never once regretted it.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Bartending School. Yes, you read that correctly. Bartending School. There were 12 people in a class. They broke it down into 4 teams - each with 3 people in it. She was in 1 team, and I was in another. I was a lead singer in a rock band at the time and I had really long hair. She was a typical Italian Princess - with really big hair. Talk about opposites. Anyway fate stepped in. As it turns out one night her two teammates called out sick, and my two teammates called out sick, so we were put together that night. I'm really shy, and didn't really say too much as I knew that I didn't have a shot in the world. If I do say so myself, my wife is HOT! She admitted to me later that it intrigued her that I wasn't hitting on her. Any way she said to me that she was wondering what she was going to do that night. I said "I know a really cool band playing tonight". Of course I was referring to my band.......... She came and watched us rock the house down.
We moved in together 2 weeks later. That was 15 years ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join