It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did You Meet The Love Of Your Life ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I got mine out of an ad in the paper on a total fluke.

Me and my girlfriend were doing a crossword puzzle in the local paper and there was a companions column right beside it on the page.

I answered one of the ads the next day.

I could flesh out the story, but in short, we moved in together a week later, and we've been together for 18 years.

How did you meet yours

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok, well my story is when I was 19 young.

I was working and he was working at the same place.

Some girls and I were talking about how cute he was. Three of us were laughing and talking about him behind his back. You know girl talk. Well anyways, I said, "Yeah, he has a cute butt." Of course they all agreed. Then they dared me to go and tell him that. I thought about it for a minute, then said it couldn't hurt. So....

I went to him and whisper, "this is a dare, so ignore me." then I said, " you got a cute butt." He said, " So do you." CRAZY
Just CRAZY.

Later we exchanged phone numbers. Talked on phone a lot. Our first date, was the usual dinner and a movie. Our second one was playing tennis together. We shot his guns together. Went to museums together. I visited his church with him.

We became like best friends for 2 years. Just hanging out together doing everything together. Talking alot to each other. Telling each other everything. Going to the same college. However, we were just friends. I told him up front. So I was actually seeing other guy's as friends also. I never got serious about anyone.

Then one day out of the clear blue sky we went together on a picnic and out popped a ring with a question. I had no idea he was even thinking of marriage. It was not something I was thinking of. That's for sure.

I was scared to death when he asked me. I didn't know what to say. I did say, "Yes" So I stopped going out with other guys because now I am engaged. We were in engaged for 6 months and got married. So we were friends for 2 years. Engaged for 6 months. Then married. We were married on September 14-1990.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That's really cool Shar, it's sort of old school traditional.

You meet, you court each other, you fall in love, and then suddenly make a commitment when "boy sweeps girl off her feet".
It's a magical time in a relationship, I wish that time would last forever.

I'll elaborate a bit more about how I met mine:

I actually did get my man out of an ad in the paper, it was just a few short lines.
This is kind of what the ad looked like:

GWM 26, Looking for same.
Interested in serious relationship.
Reply box # ............. etc....

I sent him a reply to the post box with a picture and my phone number. I also put in a short note with a bit about myself.
He called me a couple days later, and we set up a meeting for that night at a restaurant so we could meet in a public place.
(I was kinda worried because I'd never answered an ad like that before)

He said he was there, but we didn't meet up.

I sat there for over an hour, but went home feeling a bit let down.
But there was a message waiting when I got home. "I waited for you. Why didn't you show up ? Call me.....

Well I called, it turned out he had been sitting in the bar while I was waiting in the restaurant, but I scooted over to his place that night.
He was so sweet, and a perfect gentleman. He ordered in food, and he had a bottle of my favorite Scotch.

Over the next week we saw each other everyday.
I broke up with the girl I had been with for three years, and moved all my stuff into his little bachelor apartment.

We've moved a few time since then, but it was a great start. He even had a water bed.

I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
You met a very scary way. Very Brave you are.

I could of never, ever done that. Congras.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How I met my boyfriend is rather geeky lol. I was sleeping over at a friends house, completely by chance -a nother friend couldn't come, so she rang me since she didn't like to be in on her own. So I arrived, and we where quite bored so we went on MSN and a guy with Stewie Griffin for his avatar, and this was when Family Guy was still only a 2 series show and hardly anyone had heard of it. So we got talking about how cool it was, and he said he liked my screen name - and we became really good friends for about 2 years.

I got a boyfriend in this time, who turned out to be a complete jerk, and two very close family members of mine died which didn't make it much easier, but my now boyfriend really helped me through it. on March 20th 2005 I dumped my ex (the day after his birthday haw haw haw) and asked my charming chap out. And we're still as sappy as we where 2 years ago

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was 13, I was in 7th grade.

I'll never forget the her nappy red hair and da funk comin' off 'er.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was 16 and was in town with my best friend. She had a crush on him and when he drove through town she stopped and asked if we could ride around with him. She got in front and I got in back. She kept telling me how handsome he was and how dark he was and how buff he was before we met him and he was. Well, he didn t like her he asked me out for the next night, adnd I said..............Yes, and the rest is history been with him since 27 years

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
LOL,believe it or not I met my wife at a homeless shelter.It was during a very bad time in my life.We are now very happy and have 3 wonderful children.Also we are doing very better money wise

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
oh gee, I avoided this thread for a while lol

so many happy endings!!

My ex husband wasnt the love of my life. But you don't know until you meet the love of your life, yanno. Anyway, I met mine, it was shwing and fireworks at first, second, third etc sight... and then he died. Hmm, might be putting a damper on the happiness of this thread but on the flip side, I say, if you have the big one, the love of your life, cherish it and make the most of every minute cos you just don't know how long you have it for.

here is to happy endings!!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Neat thread.

After a divorce, I decided that I would still like to find a Life Partner. Friends tried to set me up. Nope. Organizations, churches, etc. Nope. Then tried newspaper personals (one guy asked me my bra size on the phone :shk

Before I drove to a large city miles away for a professional dating service, I went to an online dating service site. Nope. I was so disgusted/disappointed by then, that I went back to the web site and clicked on the button for younger men, thinking, what the heck, let me just get a "gigolo" for weekend fun.

One ad looked great, so I contacted the man via email. He said that when my email popped up he was shocked, because he had forgotten all about that years OLD ad. It turned out that he actually is younger than me, but only by six months lol.

We emailed, phoned, met, moved in, married, and have been on our honeymoon going on eight years.
If I hadn't "given up" and clicked on the younger age category, we never would have met.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by desert]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Don't you mean LOVE's of your life?

I've been in love with at least 50 women and I ain't done yet.

Oh yeah, I meet most of them at the Post Office where we got our mail.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
She was the prosecuting attorney... Just kidding.

My girlfriend and I met in a chat room. I internet-stalked her for a while, and luckily for me, she thought it was funny. She lives 250 miles away, and after chatting for about 3 monthes, we met in person. We've been together for over 2 years, and I'm in the process of moving. She's my best friend in the whole world, and I couldn't picture my life without her.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Mine is my EX-Girlfriends Best friend ,lol

Call me a man whore if you want

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated

Call me a man whore if you want

You're a man whore and we're totally disgustipated.

Just think how my ex-girlfriend felt when we broke up, I left her for a man.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well... it all started when ... wait a second. I never met the love of my life.

But on a happier note, my parents met as refugees from the Vietnam War. My dad's from the North (communist) and my mom's from the South. Both evacuated from the war and met in America and then I came along. Totally romantic, methinks.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
My dad's from the North and my mom's from the South.....
.............and then I came along.

That's totally romantic.

If they had never met, if they had never fallen in love, if they had never had the opportunity to mate, we wouldn't have Paresthesia. :shk:

It's so beautiful that they were able to meet and fall in love.I think Korea should be one country, and it's a shame that families are divided by politics.

I know you're fairly young, so there is hope within your lifetime.
I want to see a unification of the North and South, I want to see the Korean people take control over their own destiny.

I want to see Kim knocked off his stilts....

I hate to put this weight on your shoulders, but it's the responsibility of your generation to fix the problem, my generation screwed it up.

Edit: Because I Felt The Need...

[edit on 4/5/2007 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I met my wife through work.
I'd just moved into town and only wanted a job for a short while, get some cash together then move on again, she had just left school and gotten her first job. Asked her out a couple of times before she said yes, i looked pretty freaky back then so cant really blame her for being cautious. Her mum followed us on our first date because she thought i looked like trouble.
It's now 18yrs and 4 kids later and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Her grandparents introduced us. Knowing me I would have never asked her name, never got her number and obviously would have never been anything to her. Her grandparents went to the same church I did and new me and they got her to visit a few times and introduced us. She invited me to sing at her church her parents picked me up we hit it off and now we've been together for years.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm currently not seeing anyone so I'll write about my ex-wife. At least I think she is my ex. I have no money to look that up or finder her to ask.

[WARNING!: This story is roughly based on actual events. That means stuff have been removed to protect the innocent and other stuff has been added for intertainment porposes.]

Telling you my story you will think, "know wonder your marraige didn't last."

I understand.

Well, I was 19 living with my mom. She has friends over her house alot and sometimes they bring thier children of the same age as me.

I know a few of them and had this massive crush on this one girl. We would talk but, not really say anything substantial because I was always real shy.

I worked my first job at B.K. and the hours where really hard on me. I always slept in untill noon.

One morning when I was sleeping in my bedroom, I was dreaming that I was dipping my john in the water. That was kinda weird because I never had that dream before. It was getting wetter and hen I woke up to realize that this girl of 20 had snuck in my room and began giving me a B.J. in my sleep. I was so shocked. My jaw dropped, and eyes swung wide open. This just did not make sense. Why would she be doing this.

She looked up at me and said, "Well, what do you think?"

In a gasped crackally voice I replied, "OK."

She continued and then I feel back asleep. When I woke up she was gone with her mother and I was real nervous about seeing her again. She later made me feel comfortable enough to get to know her and we actually clicked and got married.

Know with that, no wounder our marriage didn't last. I shouldn't of let her continue when she asked. It was just wrong!

If I would of said stop she would of respected my loyalty alot more and not been so insecure.

Oh, well! Live and learn.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Me and my better half met during an alien abduction. She was getting probed and I was getting a chip put in my head at the time. She was screaming so loud. Then she turned at the same time I turned and looked at each other and the screaming stopped. It was love at first sight and first abduction.
No really, just kidding. We worked together at the same company and we met one day and that's all it took. I liked her, she liked me, we went out to movies, dinner, dancing, played tennis and hiking in the mountains. A year later we were married an now have six kids, four girls and two boys. Getting ready to celebrate our twelve year anniversary and I don't regret any it. I'm still just as much in love with her if not more than when we first met. I'd have to say we're soul mates in this lifetime.

[edit on 5/9/2007 by Solarskye]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join