It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headaches!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
Well, magestica, I'm not promoting healthier eating by stereotypical terms.. but I learned if I eat a good amount of peanut butter, or even marshmallows set off my headaches. I wouldn't have ever thought of this untill I saw something on Discovery Health one day.

marshmallows set off headaches? disinformation

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
ROFL

no, kalki, well yes for me

I'm not saying this causes headaches for everyone.. but I am clearly saying that I have learned what triggers headaches for me.. and of course.. this doesn't affect everyone but it is something to consider if you tried everything else

read more carefuly next time

but I learned if I eat a good amount of peanut butter, or even marshmallows set off my headaches.

I never said you or everyone

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
well , i prefer fresh air

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
talk about headachs i got one right now

i find laying down with somthing pressing agents some of my bloodvans helps right then and there

i also drank about 1 leter of water as fast as i could with taking a vitemen pill

Iv stoped taking pain relvers becouse i seam to be getting alergec to them
!!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i wouldnt have thought about food being the triggers i think i have to try that. i remember hearing from a doctor that taking pain relievers should never be the answer because all headaches caused by whatever reasons start with inflamed blood vessels and that treatment for headaches should go in to relieving the blood vessels.

i like warm compresses too and resting in a quiet place but i must try to see if any foods trigger my headaches thank you!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was told by a neurologists that the onset of a migraine causes the blood pressure to rise..pretty much the same as it would when we are in any sort of pain. But because this happens during a headache, this in itself can make a persons headache/migraine that much worse.

*I'm not saying that a person with high blood pressure is more apt or prone to headaches or migraines..but it is something one should consider.*

There is some good advice given in this thread. The thread starter would be pleased I think

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Tell your docter that you want an MRI or a catscan done on your brain. You need to rule out any possibility of having anything.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbutorsky
Tell your docter that you want an MRI or a catscan done on your brain. You need to rule out any possibility of having anything.

When I asked the doctor about the possibility of my headaches being something worse he said that I would not have had them for so long without any other complications, if it were a tumor or something they would progressively get worse.

Staying hydrated and eating the right food seems to work good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I found a spot between my thumb and pointer finger that when massaged relieves some of the pain but it works best on tension headaches. Apply lots of pressure with your other thumb while massaging the area, you'll instantly know the spot, it works for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Go here:

www.clusterbusters.com...

and should you choose to try this therapy, then please report the results here:

www.clusterheadaches.com

I am the guy that first opened up the whole discussion on using hallucinogenic sustances to treat vascular headaches. The group in the first link consists of over 100 people that have been using this treatment with differing degrees of success.

Hope this helps someone.

Flash

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I get cluster headaches...brutal buggers!!

Only thing that helps me is catching the attack before it happens *normally have a mild constant headache for 2-3days before and when i feel my eyes start to sting i normally grab the sumatriptan and dose myself up*

So...Vals right...water and sea salt is a great remedy.

I am prescribed Sumatriptan and Morphine when i get the attack and normally just keep to water and basic foods when i have the lead up and after effects of a cluster..keeps the body happy.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I found a spot between my thumb and pointer finger that when massaged relieves some of the pain but it works best on tension headaches. Apply lots of pressure with your other thumb while massaging the area, you'll instantly know the spot, it works for me.

Yes, those accupressure points. It has worked for me sometimes.
______
Foods are often blamed for migraines. But, I think that is looking for a scapegoat. Maybe some of the additives.....

In women, esp nearing midlife, migraines can be caused by hormonal drops. I had migraines of varying intensity for three days, every montha t midcycle.
If a clear reason can be found, an MRI or CATscan may not be needed. Besides, they are expensive and I would rather not have them without good cause.
______

Flash~~cluster headache and migraine are two very differnet kind of headache. Cluster tend to be mostly in men. Migraine mostly in women.
________

RE: using psychedelic drugs for migraines:
I was taking cafergot, which is derived from ergot for my migraines. Perhaps this is a similar thing?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I used to have headaches for years that started with no particular reason...lately I found out that they appear when I smoke a lot....

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I used to get bad headaches as well, I take lots of Feverfew (organic) and I usually mix it up with stir frys, salads or even by itself. Feverfew helps prevent headaches, also try Skullcap, Passion Flower, Wild Yam, Valerian, and there are many more!

You should also try and drink 1-2 cups of water in the morning and two more in the afternoon. Try meditating, or something to reduce stress as that may play a big role in your headaches.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I get headaches ALL the time, so its wierd when i dont have a headache. I think its genetic, because my dad used to suffer from major migraines. I can take 4 aspirin and it still wont help. I will, however, try to drink more water. I never knew water helped headaches.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I never knew water helped headaches.

Ya I wasn't aware either until reading a book on hyrdotherapy and how you can prevent certain diseases through just water, showers, steam batchs etc.

Anyways, here is an excerpt from a book I have at home i thought this was interesting:

Celery juice is rich in coumarins, substances that have a soothing effect on the vascular system and that may benefit those prone to migraines, Fresh celery juice may be drunk alone of combined with other vegetable juices, such as carrot, cucumber, parsley and spinach. You should drink an 8 oz glass of the juice twice a day, in conjunction with proper medical treatment.

- Michael Murray, author of The Complete Book Of Juicing.

Here is another for all you coffee lovers

Try having a cup of coffee, caffeine constricts blood vessels and is an ingredient in many pain relievers. In fact, studies show that having a cup of coffee or tea can boost the pain-relieving powers of aspirin and other such products by about one-third.

Fred Sheftell, co-founder and co-director of the New England Center for Headache in Stamford.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am 41 years old and suffered from extreme migrane headaches for years. I went to several doctors and had all kinds of tests run to no avail. Finally, a nutritionist in my place of work suggested I may have an allergic reaction to preservatives and msg in food. (especially since I ate out most of the time.) Once I started watching what I ate, the migranes went away. You would be surprised at how many preservatives are in restaurant food. For instance, msg is in all salad bars for the lettuce, all or most meat tenderizers, most seasonings for vegetables, most frozen foods like pizzas and lasagna, most chicken dishes, etc. And, the best thing I have found to stop the pain when I do eat something by mistake is BC powder. Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I�m 33 and have had severe Migraine headaches for the last 15 years. I see a neurologist to get help and have been on every drug on the market to help prevent or stop the headache. Migraines are usually present only on one side of the head. Tension headaches can be all over. If it is determined that you have migraines I highly recommend Imitrex pills or injection. Personally I like the injection, it works within 30 minutes. The pill takes a bit longer. I would say the injection will take away my migraine 70-75% of the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Certain foods CAN be triggers (they're different for everyone); as well as certain smells, sights (quick flashing multicolor lights), AND sounds.

In my case, I've also noticed that the atmosphere (barometric pressure) can have an effect on my migraines as well. Whenever there is a change in the weather patterns, I can really suffer a lot.

Water and caffeine (found in most OTC pain relievers) can be a great help, as well as sleep, dark quiet locations, and cooler temperatures...

Hope you find something that helps you!

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The migraines you may be gettting could be linked to a more serious condition knows as psuedo tumor cerebri or benign intercranial hypertension. It's where fluid builds up in the spinal cord. My sister suffers from this condition and she has to go in for regular spinal taps to relieve the pressure. The headaches never really go away but there is some minor relief from it.

Here's a link that might give you more information on it
Psuedo Tumor

you could also try typing psuedo tumor cerebri into google and checking out the results. It's a rare condition, but there are support forums on there for sufferers and the family, it might be worth checking into. At least talk to your doctor so you can rule out this condition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join