It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Headaches!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ive been getting "migranes" as long as I can remember, gone to the doctor for it without getting any answers. Aspirin, prescription Iboprofen(600mg), and weed makes it better for me.

Anyone else have these and know good meds? Long term is there any thing I need to watch out for, my body doesnt push the pain button for no reason, i wish i could know what is goin on up there.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
maybe drinking more water.. sometimes it's just that..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Meditation, it helps with my migranes.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Ive been getting "migranes" as long as I can remember, gone to the doctor for it without getting any answers. Aspirin, prescription Iboprofen(600mg), and weed makes it better for me.

Anyone else have these and know good meds? Long term is there any thing I need to watch out for, my body doesnt push the pain button for no reason, i wish i could know what is goin on up there.

Try this website: www.watercure.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Ive seen that sight, very good IMO. I drink plenty of water, usually tap water and it is pumped full of chemicals
. i should get bottled water.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ive seen that sight, very good IMO. I drink plenty of water, usually tap water and it is pumped full of chemicals

jrod, do you take a teaspoon of sea salt in your water daily? Sea salt is remarkable, people dont know this but its loaded with minerals, the real stuff is anyways. The body absolutely needs it. There's more info on that site about it and i'll look for more info online for ya

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I practially live in the ocean. When im away my body lets me know I need it. Thanks for lookin out for me
!

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by jrod]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"There are recurring discussions of the use of psychedelics, most often psilocybin and '___', in the underground and personal treatment of migraines and cluster headaches. Cluster headaches (also called Suicide Headaches) are a specific variety of extreme, recurring headaches and are classified with migraines. A good overview of Cluster headache symptomology can be found at clusterheadache.com. Very briefly, Cluster headaches are cripplingly painful headaches which occur in clusters or periods where the sufferer experiences them at a high frequency, sometimes several per day, over the course of weeks or months, then a period of no headaches, then another cycle of pain."

"Erowid has received several reports of migraine sufferers who have used low doses of '___' to treat migraines and -----chemicals structurally similar to '___' are commonly prescribed----- for migraine treatment, but more recently data has begun to accumulate that psilocybin may successfully reduce the incidence of cluster headaches for weeks or months and may also reduce the pain during an attack."

"There are a lot of similarities between Psilocybin, '___' and those drugs used conventionally to treat severe headaches. The only difference is that Psilocybin and '___' are much more effective (and probably safer in such a small and infrequent dose)."

www.erowid.org...

tons of info here..very serious aswell..this is not a joke..
not sure if you would ever try it but you ask for alternative methods of treating severe headachs.. i dont think it gets much more alternative than this lol..if anything..its a good read..

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by McGotti]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I practially live in the ocean. When im away my body lets me know I need it. Thanks for lookin out for me
!

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by jrod]

No Problem, glad to help!

Check out this Website i found, it may have some good info that could help you. I generally don't get headaches unless its stress related, but i do drink a lot of water which helps greatly. Good Luck!

www.getpainreliefnow.com...

www.overgrow.com...

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
"

www.erowid.org...

tons of info here..very serious aswell..this is not a joke..
not sure if you would ever try it but you ask for alternative methods of treating severe headachs.. i dont think it gets much more alternative than this lol..if anything..its a good read..

That's really interesting, I hadn't heard that before. I get cluster headaches and they're damn killers. Normally, I just take a xanax and sleep for about 8 hours and I'll wake up with a remnant of the headache, and it'll come back with full force later on in the day. They're horrid. I'm going to look into this more.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
yeah I've alwys had them.
nitrates are a known trigger they r in wine and processed food such as deli meat....
Decant wine, especially red, for a couple hrs b4 drinking.
regular sleep regular schedule I was told ,helps
Imatrex (spelld wrong I think) works well at ther onset of a headache but it is prescrip. only.
chemical smells and perfume are a regular trigger for me
--kris

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
sit farther away from your monitor/tv...iut may help.
Or try digging that implant out of yout head..

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I know for a FACT that most bottled water is packed full of chemicals, mainly chlorine! I worked for a company that tested many of the popular bottled water brands and also the tap water..(the tap water actually contained less chlorine and chemicals then all the comercial bottled water we tested)

My best advice is to invest in a really good water purifier.
I have been plagued with migraine headaches for years as well. These type of headaches run in my family..which is interesting in itself, as I wouldn't think they are gentetic? I try to avoid medication-especially prescription-at all costs!

What I do, and it always works, is lay somewhere dark and quiet, make sure the room or area is colder then the norm, get a warm to hot washcloth and cover and press it into your head(it helps to have someone else running back and forth heating it for you as the heat fades rather quickly) Usually within an hour, my headache subsides into a more dullness, or fades..or you may even fall asleep.

Good Luck!
Mags

[Edited on 1/1/04 by magestica]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

I know for a FACT that most bottled water is packed full of chemicals, mainly chlorine! I worked for a company that tested many of the popular bottled water brands and also the tap water..(the tap water actually contained less chlorine and chemicals then all the comercial bottled water we tested)

My best advice is to invest in a really good water purifier.
I have been plagued with migraine headaches for years as well. These type of headaches run in my family..which is interesting in itself, as I wouldn't think they are gentetic? I try to avoid medication-especially prescription-at all costs!

What I do, and it always works, is lay somewhere dark and quiet, make sure the room or area is colder then the norm, get a warm to hot washcloth and cover and press it into your head(it helps to have someone else running back and forth heating it for you as the heat fades rather quickly) Usually within an hour, my headache subsides into a more dullness, or fades..or you may even fall asleep.

Good Luck!
Mags

I was about to post a reply like that, i agree, a water purifier is better, here in canada, pure water is now called ''The blue gold'', Big bottled water multinationals are litterally stealing our water and are making crazy profits with it...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My wife gets migraines all the time....she does what Mags does, and it helps sometimes, sometimes not. If I am not home, she finds that laying in the shower with hot water beating on her helps. If I am home, using reflexology on the feet usually helps the migraine go away. If that doesn't work, a head massage may work wonders as well..

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
some people's headaches could be caused by trigger foods. I have followed this like a religion and it is a life saver..

heres some quick search terms for digestion

healing.about.com...

www.sfcrc.com...

Everyone is different and I suggest just find your trigger foods and atleast eat them in moderation. Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
some people's headaches could be caused by trigger foods. I have followed this like a religion and it is a life saver..

In my opinion, when the 'medical field' hasn't a clue about certain ailments and diseases, they are quick to blame the food we consume! What, are we expected or being geared for no longer desiring food? I have changed my diet and way of eating because certain foods were 'blamed' for my headaches..and the headaches either continued or became worse.

The advice you've given is wonderful, I'm not knocking your effort and I believe switching to a healthier way of eating CAN help lesson the headaches in some..but I have a hard time believing food is the main culpret.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
if your headaches are really bad and constant maybe yu should have a brain scan just to be safe

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
if you headaches are really bad and constant maybe yu should have a brain scan just to be safe

And most people who ARE diagnosed with migraines are first sent to a neurologists and do receive a brain scan prior to the 'migraine label' being pinned.

But you are correct, continuous headaches can be a 'sign' of something else going on throughout the body.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well, magestica, I'm not promoting healthier eating by stereotypical terms.. but I learned if I eat a good amount of peanut butter, or even marshmallows set off my headaches. I wouldn't have ever thought of this untill I saw something on Discovery Health one day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join