It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations. You are a slave.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You are a slave.

I know that�s not what you want to hear as you hoist your New Year�s champagne, but it is the unpleasant truth that we all face going into 2004.

Movies and public school like to portray slaves as bound by chains and beaten with whips, creating a polarized image of slavery that can be pointed to with the comment, �You are not like that, therefore you are not a slave.� But history shows that slaves have been treated in all manner of ways, some more cruel than others, yet even with the most kind treatment, a slave remains a slave.

Setting aside the stereotyped image of a slave as a bleeding chain-bound wretch, slaves throughout history are often hard to recognize. In some cases, such as the Medieval Serfs, they were held slaves to the rulers by religious belief, and did not see themselves as slaves even though they were treated as such. The favored slaves of Asian potentates wore jewels to make a movie star gasp, yet were still slaves for all their finery and comfort.

So, what is a slave? How do we define a slave? What test do we use to tell if someone is a slave. What makes them different from free people?

Free people can say �no�. Free people can refuse demands for their money, time, and children. Slaves cannot. There is no freedom without the freedom to say �no�. If someone demands that you do something and you can say �no� and refuse to do it, then you are a free human being. If you can be forced to do something or surrender something that you do not wish to, then you are a slave. No other test need be applied.

When you are forced to surrender half your life�s work to the government in ever-increasing taxes, then you are a slave. Throughout history, slaves were expected to perform the work needed for their own upkeep, then perform additional work for the rulers. For Roman slaves, the ratio of work-for-self versus work-for-rulers was about 50-50. The same ratio applied to Medieval Serfs, and even to the slaves of the American south. And, when you add up all the overt taxes, covert fees, tariffs, excises, plus the increased price you pay for products to pay the taxes of the companies that make those products, you will find that Americans are at that same �half-for-self� versus �half-for-rulers� ratio! Can you say �no� to the confiscation of half of your life? Can you even get the masters to maybe reduce the burden by a significant amount? No? Congratulations. You are a slave.

The masters have decided they want wars on anyone living over oil. The idea is that it is better for American corporations to steal the oil they need than to pay for it. Millions of Americans (and millions more around the globe) did not want the war, but the masters started them anyway, by lying to the people. Could you refuse the war? Can you refuse being lied to? No? Congratulations. You are a slave.

rest at
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

2004 another year of slavery. I just wonder when it�s going to end. When the grand fight between liberals and conservatives will come to a close, and everyone will realize we are all screwed fix it and then start the old debate over again. Until then have a happy new year friends.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ok... so without tax how does the government work? or are you all for anarchy?

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
ok... so without tax how does the government work? or are you all for anarchy?

Agree but in his theory he talks about the amount of taxation and government not that we should live in anarchy. We are taxed to death and really have nothing to show for it. We have government from the local yahoo�s deciding who picks up trash right up the federal level, all of the politicians collecting salaries. If we can�t provide people with security and health care with a total taxation level of under 25% we have to be doing something very, very wrong. I think we can all agree on that.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Very good article. So we're pretty much under martial law and don't even realize it. I'm moving to Canada to escape the draft.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlayerDaMan
Very good article. So we're pretty much under martial law and don't even realize it. I'm moving to Canada to escape the draft.

You just be a slave with health care

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
You just be a slave with health care

Better than being a slave without it. LMAO!!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Great! We got healthcare so we can go back to picking cotton sooner if we get injured!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Great! We got healthcare so we can go back to picking cotton sooner if we get injured!

Nah that jobs left to the Mexicans. Our slaves have more important tasks at hand. Such as stocking Wal-Mart's shelves with Chinese slave labor goods. Or flipping Burgers at Mc Donald�s. You might get lucky and collect money for your master like an IRS agent.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Without taxes we would crumble. You say we have nothing to show for it, I say we have the greatest country ever built.

They say we arent free because they ask for money, time and our children. I control my child, I give taxes not only because it is law, but because it is needed for society to function and I give my time to whomever I need to give it to. Mainly my daughter.

Without everyone in a society giving up some "personal" aspect, then we have no society to begin with. To make a country as great as ours work correctly, we need the help of our neighbors, friends relatives and people whom we do not even know. This society functions as one, even if there are a differance in beliefs.

If you call me a slave because of that so be it.

God Bless America.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oooh. I think I'll be a WalMart shelf stocker! I can't cook, and I suck at math, can't be in the IRS.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

If you call me a slave because of that so be it.

God Bless America.

I'd glady stock wal-mart anyday with you Dreamz.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wrong DD, I am good at Math and Science. You stock and I will continue my college education, although a Wal-Mart position right now doesnt sound so bad. "I need extra income."

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That doesn�t matter engineering and computer jobs are going to India and China. See you at Wal-Mart slave.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hi, I'm the modern day slave. I work for giant corprations that supply the blood sucking government with money. Soon I'll be ripe enough to be sent into the heat of battle, as prime grade USA Cannon Fodder. God Bless America!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hi, I'm the modern day slave. I work for giant corprations that supply the blood sucking government with money. Soon I'll be ripe enough to be sent into the heat of battle, as prime grade USA Cannon Fodder. God Bless America!

You found yourself the ultimate slave job!! Keeping other slaves inline for the masta�s. Congrats slayer you will fight for our masters oil supply and greed. If you do die you die knowing you paid the ultimate price for our freedom, but really just keeping our masters pocket books fat with money that really has no value anyway, Since we haven�t had a war in 60 years in the name of freedom, but it makes you feel good doesn�t it.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

That doesn�t matter engineering and computer jobs are going to India and China. See you at Wal-Mart slave.

Doctors will never be in short order.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Neither will Pakistani and India doctors coming to America to do it cheaper.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

or lawyers...

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you're happy and you know it clank your chains...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Amen, i'm glad im a citizen in two countries so i can just fly my ass back over if a draft happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join