It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations. You are a slave.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There have been a couple of us who have been trying to point our that we have been under martial rule for decades, now, and that the constitution is suspended and has been since the 1860's. The other guy is now in prison, and will be for several months, over tax issues. Considering the Founding Fathers went to war over, what, 15% taxation, we are being extremely patient to the point of being cattle.

The argument over liberalism and conservatism plays right into this particular conversation, don't you think? Forget the two main parties, as there is nothing now but Democrats and Republicrats, but consider the basic positions of the two philosophical positions. It is the liberal position that has ushered in the need for greater societal control by the government and the higher taxes, not the conservative one. But that doesn't mean that the conservative-minded people are the salvation of the nation, either. One can have conservative opinions and not have actual knowledge, particularly historical knowledge, with which to arm themselves inb the fight for the nation's survival. Without it, what good is it? I firmly believe that if liberals had the truth and also accepted it, they would no longer be liberals. Not the rank and file members, anyway. And, if they had it, they would not run around calling Bush a conservative, because they would then know that he is not one.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That's right he isn't one in the true sense of the word. My question is how come true conservatives cannot see through this force feed illusion. That's like calling Lieberman a liberal

The meanings of the labels ceast to have any substance after a while once one realizes that both mainstream parties are corrupt.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
We are slaves. Are masters are trying to give us more social programs before we rebel and become free again.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliceinwonderland
That's right he isn't one in the true sense of the word. My question is how come true conservatives cannot see through this force feed illusion. That's like calling Lieberman a liberal

The meanings of the labels ceast to have any substance after a while once one realizes that both mainstream parties are corrupt.

If you want my opinion, the social engineers tinker with the labels so those who do not analyse (Which is the vast majority of cable TV worshippers) will no longer understand what words should mean what, therefore will blindly follow the people that are actually mislabeled. If Bush is labeled a conservative, then those who are actually constitutionally acurate conservatives can be labeled as dangerous extremists. That is to say, if you actually know the foundation of the American government, study documentation such as the constitution, Bill of Rights, papers written by the Founding Fathers, and know how things ought to be, you can eventually be carted off to an internment facility (if they bother to take you alive) and the rest of the mindless masses will think, "Good, they got those lunatics off the streets!"

I can't wait to see what its like in 20 years.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join