It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

glock full auto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

damn thats a powerfull gun
wounder how accurate

they use drum mags aswell

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
To answer your question concerning accuracy, not very, but then you don't need to be. This weapon is an item that only a select few may legally own in the US. Both the weapon and owner must be licensed with a Class 3 ATF permit. Any similiar modification of any of the thousands of Glocks in private hands carries a 10 year mandatory prison sentence for unlicensed modifications.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wasn't to good a changing mag's, was he.

I wouldn't own one. My G35 does every well.

Roper

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Christ!!! I'm impressed. 6-hicap plus a double drum.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
When I was a little kid there was a high-school age kid who had modified a semi-auto pistol to full auto. When he fired it, he did so "one-handed." With every shot, it climbed horribly, until he the final shot got him in the head.

Not trying to be grisly, just saying.

Notice how hard he's "pulling down" on the pistol to keep it from doing the same to him. Pretty much rules out any kind of aiming, at all.

When the glock 9mm first got widespread with law enforcement in the mid-90's, you saw a lot of the pistols that had fired several hundred rds would develop cracks in the plastic where the metal slide-rails joined the plastic frame. I don't know of anyone who suffered from that, and I've heard the problem was fixed long ago.

I've never owned a glock. Too many other cool guns, and I've just never gotten around to them. I've never like the 9mm.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Actually it's very accurate, with semiauto it's just as good as any dedicated semiauto 9mm pistols.

With Full Auto it's "easy" to keep short bursts at IPSC target from 10m.

This was the opinion of a Finnish gun magazine, that tested a full auto glock few months ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am sure you're right northwolf; I was laboring under the mistaken idea that this person had altered the gun, after-market, to make it full auto.

If it is manufactured to be fully automatic, I'm sure it's a great gun; I was picturing someone doing their own work to "make a machine-gun" out of a regular pistol.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Bloody hell thats fast. I see why its illegial. If gangs get there hands on those imagine the damage.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In the hands of gangs, it wouldn't do too much damage probably.
If you're trained with it and know what you're doing, you can pull off 3-4 rounds a burst and hit a coke can at about 5-7 meters with 2 rounds.
If you're not trained and under the influence of adrenaline as is usually the case in a firefight, there will be 33 holes all over the place, but sure as hell not anywhere near where the shooter wanted them.

How I know? A friend let me try once. With and without stock. Great fun, but usefulness has to be questioned, even in the role of a support weapon. Mags dry out too quickly.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The GLOCK rep came down last year and we got to play with the G18. The bigger the person was, the easier it was to shoot. A friend of mine 6'4 290 shot it with no problems. His son 5'9 160 had problems. Most of them drop ship to departments straight from GLOCK in GA. But a few are out there as Post Delaer Samples for 3500 used. A couple companies were making legal conversions for any GLOCK. Post Dealer of course, but I think they folded. One was here in TX.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What a piece of hardware! Damn, that thing can fire. I have been checking in on these for awhile now, and they seem almost usless without the drums, as the mags go too fast.

Impressive for sure, but its usefulness seems suspect. Have any of you seen the machine lugar fire? I got to see it once. Pretty cool til it jammed.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Stupid gun...

In a pool hall, in or around Hell's Kitchen, in the late 90's, someone ran in with a full-auto Tec9 in one hand and lit the place up - 40 or 50 rounds. There had to be thirty people in there that night, milling around a space no bigger than two school classrooms, and there was not one casualty. I think a couple of people got tagged, either with grazing wounds or ricochet bullets, hell, it could have been splinters coming off the tables or walls for all I know.

Point is - rapid fire is a piss-poor substitute for marksmanship. There is nothing you can do with 50 rounds of full auto that you can't do with 50 rounds of select fire - unless you're trying to cut down small trees. Get a chainsaw for Christ's sake...

The 'logic' behind full-auto pistols is unclear to me.

Stupid gun...

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
you have obviously never been in a fire fire fight and I would go so far to say you have never had a gun pointed at you.
It will change your life and perspective.
On one occasion ,i was sent to ahots fired call , to find a meth head taking cover behind a stump. He had a Browning Automatic 30-06. Luckily I knew him and was able to persude him to let me return to my unit, whic was out of sight.
I had my weapon drawn with 16 .40 cal rounds ready. I would traded for a FA pistol with hi cap mags. The noise in itself is half the battle when dealing w/an individual that is not used to rapid gunfire.
I may not have hit anything but air , but it would have disoriented him long enough for me to exit and get cover.
If u have ever been in a fire fight with FA fire from just one gun, you will understand. It makes heads go in the ground 'till the firing stops.dulc

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sorry, are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? There's nobody else here, so you must be talking to me.

There was the pool hall in NY, and the two times I was mugged at gunpoint in Chicago, once with a small caliber revolver and once with a chrome derringer. Oh, and there was one time when I had a 20 gauge stuck in my face by an over-protective father in CT. And once when I was very young I found myself on the business end of a police officer's duty weapon in MA.

So - where do you get off playing psychic dulc?

Did I duck when the moron started spraying bullets all over the pool hall? Damn right. Did he hit me - hell, COULD he have hit me, if his life depended on it? Nope, not a chance in Hell. If his only intention was to get people to scramble on the floor, he could have accomplished that by throwing a handful of quarters across the room. No, he was trying to injure/kill people, and he failed miserably because he was an idiot, a bad shot, and his choice of weapons was as moronic as he was.

If anyone in that joint had a single shot/select-fire weapon, myself included, the guy would have been dead as disco the minute he stopped shooting.

Spray and pray is no kind of philosophy, and it makes me sad to see our armed forces indoctrinated in this way. It would be TEN times worse if our LEOs started acting the same way, because of the density of innocent bystanders.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
FA is supressive fire , MOST people will run or duck when faced with FA , allowing you to advance because they are no longer shooting at you. A FA AK will instill the fear of G-D in you if you're on the business end. I'm sure the G18 was designed for that purpose. It's a force multiplier.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

I don't know what indoctrinations you speak of but in the Marine Corps our mantra has ALWAYS been " 1 SHOT , 1 KILL " Didn't you know EVERY MARINE is Rifleman!?!

How Marines Shoot

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
you have obviously never been in a fire fire fight and I would go so far to say you have never had a gun pointed at you.
It will change your life and perspective.
On one occasion ,i was sent to ahots fired call , to find a meth head taking cover behind a stump. He had a Browning Automatic 30-06. Luckily I knew him and was able to persude him to let me return to my unit, whic was out of sight.
I had my weapon drawn with 16 .40 cal rounds ready. I would traded for a FA pistol with hi cap mags. The noise in itself is half the battle when dealing w/an individual that is not used to rapid gunfire.
I may not have hit anything but air , but it would have disoriented him long enough for me to exit and get cover.
If u have ever been in a fire fight with FA fire from just one gun, you will understand. It makes heads go in the ground 'till the firing stops.dulc

i also don't think there is really a place for a full auto pistol in combat of any sort. just my opinion. i think its silly.

with the vast array of other available weapons out there which are compact and full auto i think its pretty useless. if the aim is suppressive fire then get a sub-machine gun of some type. there are plenty of good ones out there. if your in a law enforcement agency and feel like you require a means of disorienting an opponent then perhaps you should carry flash bangs. that's what they were created for. they are loud, bright and disorienting.

that would have provided you with plenty of time to walk up to the subject and pistol whip them if you want. (exaggerating for humors sake)

im sure that pistol is tons of fun to toy with at the range. i just cant imagine a use for it in real life.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
personal protection specalist use small full auto pistols concealable and good for suppressive fire. glock beretta hard to lug a mp5 or ar all the time and places u may not want too or cant. good for 1 member of a team at least. there are some good uses for them just have to think outside the box and it will probaly be used in someone elses box lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join