It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preseason NFL Predictions..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Steelers will win 10 or more games this year.

Big Ben will come back and be ready to play and very hungry to get back into the same form he was during thier SB run...

Hines Ward will have a personal best season.

Willie Parker will rush for over 100 in at least 5 games.

Defense will be ranked #1 or #2 all season, Steelers will lead the league in sacks.

There will be at least 6 Steelers going to the Pro Bowl this year.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Don't say I didn't warn you when the Eagles breeze through the division once again.

WOW, you're a bit cocky, aren't you???

Look, it was entertaining reading you two beat up on each other concerning the NFC East. But look, at reality. This is the most competitive division in the NFL. No team will walk through this division, and the division winner will be lucky to have 11 wins. And it could be any of the teams, but it should be the Redskins...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyone watching the NFL Draft?

JaMarcus Russell needs to be the #1 pick in my opinion. I think the Raiders are going to go with Calvin Johnson, but Russell will end up being a bigger star quicker than anyone else in this draft.

Edit: They just took Russell.

Smart Choice, in my opinion.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by chissler]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
AFC East
(Y)1.New England Patriots 15-1 No body has done more in the offseason to improve their team than them. Well maybe SF. The addition of Moss pushes them into a new league. They may go undefeated.
2. New York Jets 10-6 . Mangini will have these guys pushing for a playoff run.
3. Buffalo Bills 8-8, still too many young guys to push over the edge, but making progress.
4. Miami Dolphins 5-11, Dolphins will trade R.Williams, Culpepper will not play. Could win a few more If land Trent Green.

AFC North
(x)1. Baltimore Ravens 12-4 Might be McNairs last chance at SBowl.
2. Cincinnatti Bengals 10-6 Could be 10-6 or 6-10, depending on team chemistry, and arrest.
3. Cleveland Browns 8-8, could swith with Cinny and be suprise, depending upon the Mighty Quinn. Mark my words, if they stay healthy this is the suprise playoff team of the year. Problem is they haven't stayed healthy in last 5 years.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers 7-9 Roethlisberger needs more weapons.

AFC South
(x)1.Indianapolis Colts 11-5 Not going back to the Super Bowl this year. Let far too many people escape from last years team to really compete.
(*)2. Jacksonville Jaguars 11-5 Title could go either way with them and the Colts.
3. Tennessee Titans 9-7 One more year before Vince Young leds them deep. Need more time for the pup's to grow up around him. Loss of Pac-Man will really be felt on Special Teams.
4. Houston Texans 6-10 Slight Improvement on last year. Conference is gettting tougher and tougher every year. They could beat up on each other this year.

AFC West
(x)1. San Diego Chargers 12-4 Super Bowl run, or one and done. Who knows.
(*)2. Denver Broncos 11-5, finally got defensive line talent that they desperatly need. Maybe a year or two away from big run.
3. Oakland Raiders 6-10 Breaking in a rookie QB, especially a raw talent like JaMarcus Russell 6-6, 255 is never pleasant to watch. But they have imporved offensively. Defensively this is a superbowl team.
4. Kansas City Chiefs, 4-12, Trent Green will be gone, aging line that retiring, and not being replaced. Basically they will be Larry Johnson/ Derrick Johnson versus the world.

NFC East
(x)1. Dallas Cowboys 12-4 . Will vie with Eagles for title. A lot depends on Romo getting his Mojo back. Defense could be off the hook with the man behind the Chargers defense running the ship.
2. New York Giants 9-7 Will Manning part 2 ever mature?
3. Philadelphia Eagles 9-7 or 5-11. Lost Garcia safety net, along with any threats at WR. Offense will consist of McNabb scrambling, enough hits and he's done for the third year in a row. 5-11 is for McNabb injured.
4. Washington Redskins 4-12 While Jason Campble is not a rookie, he is still too raw to make a consistant impact. But look for the team to show improvement late in season. Will now vie for next years number one pick.

NFC North
(Y)1. Chicago Bears 13-3 . Grossman will have ups and downs. Landed the best receiving TE in a few years. Could become the Novachek that makes Grossman consistant.
3. Detroit Lions 9-7, Milan will be hearded as a genius, well not really, just a lucky sod. Roy Williams, and Calvin Johnson will become the most powerful duo of WR in the NFL, for many years to come. Who ever is running the helm at QB could go for 5,000 yards easily.
3. Minnesota Vikings 6-10 See breaking in a new QB. The addition of Adrian Peterson, will one day remind people of Dickerson. He will add at least 100yd more pergame rushing than pervious years. If they had a quarterback they could be good.
4. Green Bay 5-11, did enormously little to help Farve in his last year. They will always look on this offseason in scorn. They could have had Randy Moss for a fourth round pick and were too stingy.

NFC South
(x)1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6 Will need a healthy QB to finish the season.
(*)2. New Orleans Saints 10-6 Can you pull a rabbit out of you hat two years in a row?
3. Carolina Panthers 8-8 Fox's last year. May see Delhomme give way to David Carr somepoint in the season if things go bad.
4. Atlanta Falcons 6-10 Will take some time for Vick to process third offensive style in 4 years. Might be gone at the end of the year.

NFC West
(x)1.San Francisco 11-5, that's right you heard it here. The 49ers did more than anyone to help their team in the offseason. You have also heard it hear, they will win the divison. This team looks more, and more like the Cowboys who went 11-5 a year before taking the Super Bowl.
(*)2. St.Louis Rams 9-7, if they get Ricky Williams, like they want they could have a running game with Stephen Jackson, and Brian Leonard at fullback that will make the world sick.
3. Arizonia Cardinals 8-8, the addition of a serious pass blocker at LT really, really means alot. Now if they can learn to run the football, they might be special
3. Seattle 7-9, the oldest team in the NFL, gets older. The management also lacks the vision to do anything about it.

PLAYOFFS

WILD CARD ROUND

St. Louis(9-7) at San Francisco (11-5): SF 28-24
New Orleans (10-6) at Tampa Bay (10-6): NO 21-17
Jacksonville (11-5) at Baltimore (12-4): Balt 13-7
Denver (11-5) at Indianapolis (11-5): Ind 28-17

DIVISIONAL ROUND

New Orleans (11-6) at Chicago (13-3): Chicago 31-20
San Francisco (12-5) at Dallas (12-4): Dallas 31-30
Baltimore (13-4) at San Diego (12-3): Baltimore 31-21
Indianapolis (12-5) at New England (15-1): NE 34-10

CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES

Dallas (13-4) at Chicago (14-3): Chicago 17-10
Baltimore (14-4) at New England(16-1): NE 38-17

SUPER BOWL

New England (17-1) vs. Chicago (15-3): New England 38-24

[edit on 3-5-2007 by Royal76]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
New England will rule again!

Not like they were to far off the last few seasons. I think they will have 2 losses. One to the Jets and maybe one to the Chargers. Both will be payback games.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
New England will rule again!

Not like they were to far off the last few seasons. I think they will have 2 losses. One to the Jets and maybe one to the Chargers. Both will be payback games.

New England, 2 Wins, 14 losses... I can only hope.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Speakerofthetruth.

I agree but then the Patriots would have the first pick in the draft. I would personally hope for a 5-11 season for NE. But I know with the weapons they have aquired in the offseason the rest of the world dosen't have a chance, they will with my luck probably go undefeated. At least the Dolphins, as inept as they have become will have two shots to end the streak that is coming.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I might boycott this upcoming season. The damn Packers wouldn't give up a fourth round draft pick in order to reel in Randy Moss!

I mean, my cat heard this one on the sportscast and shook his head.

Brett Favre has given his life to this team and this organization. When they give away all of his threats down field, he doesn't say boo. They provide him with nothing, and he still brings the team to respectability. Quietly, he asks that they try to get him a wide receiver.

Moss would of loved to join the Packers and stick it to Minny, and we would of loved to have him. But that sacred Fourth Round draft pick was too much to pass up to provide Favre with a legitimate threat, and keeping the guy who gave everything happy.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I might boycott this upcoming season. The damn Packers wouldn't give up a fourth round draft pick in order to reel in Randy Moss!

While Randy Moss is a great ball player, I am not going to take that away from him, he is disruptive to a team in my honest opinion. Mush like Dallas acquisition of Terrell Owens, I think it would have been a mistake for the Packers to have gotten Moss.

Moss, has a big mouth. Mr. "I'll play when I get ready to play," would get paid when I got ready to pay if he was on my team. I really have no use for the guy.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Moss is a head case who gets crocodile arms over the middle. He's the last thing the Packers need. And here's hoping he ruins the Pats, instead.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah chissler

The NFL just became like baseball. With the Patriots becoming the Yankees.

I was totally stunned that the Management of the Packers is so poor. I can't believe that they ignored a chance to land moss. I would have given up a 2nd or 3rd for him. He would have had 108-1,789-18TD in a season that Farve would have retired after. I hope he get's traded to someone who doesn't suck. The Packers Management makes me sick. Moss would have loved a chance to crush the Vikings twice a year.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Yeah chissler

The NFL just became like baseball. With the Patriots becoming the Yankees.

The Yankees of the NFL would be either the Redskins or Cowboys, since we both throw around big money every off season on star players. Except the results haven't been the same.

The Patriots have been getting some big names as of late, but it's more in the vein of the Lakers a few years back when the Mailman and the Glove hopped on board for league minimum salaries.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yup my Niners are doing EXTREMELY well in this off season. They won 7 games with the worst defense in the league. It was ranked 26th BUT last in points allowed and that's the stat that matters. They shored up the defense BIG TIME!!! Playoff for sure.

That being said, the Pats are doing VERY well too. Injuries not a factor they make the SB again.

The NFC? Da Bears. They made an awesome defense even better. I won't be surprised if they outdo the Raven's in this catagory this year. You CAN win a SB with just defense, the Raven's proved that in the most boring SB ever a few years ago.

My call for the SB Pats/Bears. Pats win their 4th.

I reserve the right to change this due to injury though.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Susquehanna- good call the way the Redskins waste money is a better example. The Cowboys are pretty good at it too. They were so locked up on so many players from the Dynasty its taken years to wear off.

Just so you know people Randy Moss isn't old, or washed up. He played on a team that threw to him 2 or 3 times a game if he was lucky. I watched some of their games. I had moss on my fantasy team, got him in a trade for a backup running back. I would see Moss deep wide open, and the quarterback would get sacked, or they would lay it off to a running back. When you are a serious "weapon" that never gets used like it is supposed to be, it can have bad effects on a person. Especially one like Moss. Brady knows how to get the ball to his people. Moss will at least have 60-70 catches next year. Watch for what he does with the ball after catch. I really think he will go off.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The NFC? Da Bears. They made an awesome defense even better. I won't be surprised if they outdo the Raven's in this catagory this year. You CAN win a SB with just defense, the Raven's proved that in the most boring SB ever a few years ago.

Yeah but, and I think you'll agree to this, I'd take Montana in a wheel chair over Grossman any day. With all of the criticism he took last year, the Super Bowl has only solidified that for the rest of his career. That is unless they win it this year and he's the MVP.. and I highly doubt that. The Bears got the defense, they just need to trade for a mediocre QB.

I thought Jeff Garcia might of been a fit. He's looking for a starting position, and they need someone desperately. Too good of a team to have a choke artist of a QB at the helm.

And the funny thing is, I actually root for Grossman. I like him. But the Bears are too good and well.. he's not.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In fairness to Grossman, for all intents and purposes, he's really only had one year and they made it to the Super Bowl with him. When you have a stellar defense, the quarterback only has to not lose the game for you.

I'm not saying Grossman's Montana, but I think he's better than he's accused of being. And another season will Bear that out. [Too subtle?]

I'll take the Colts (of course) and I don't see anyone in the NFC other than the Bears that look overwhelmingly like a Super Bowl team. And the Bears will possibly be without Tank Johnson and/or Lance Briggs.

If not the Colts, San Diego. So either a repeat of last year's SB, or Chi & SD next year. Either way, AFC wins again.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
In fairness to Grossman, for all intents and purposes, he's really only had one year and they made it to the Super Bowl with him. When you have a stellar defense, the quarterback only has to not lose the game for you.

I'm not saying Grossman's Montana, but I think he's better than he's accused of being. And another season will Bear that out. [Too subtle?]

I'll take the Colts (of course) and I don't see anyone in the NFC other than the Bears that look overwhelmingly like a Super Bowl team. And the Bears will possibly be without Tank Johnson and/or Lance Briggs.

If not the Colts, San Diego. So either a repeat of last year's SB, or Chi & SD next year. Either way, AFC wins again.

Your assessment of Grossman is pretty accurate imo. Usually a QB doesn't develope until he's got 3-4 years under his belt. Give the kids a couple of more years and then we'll see.

As to the Colts/SD? I don't think so. The Pats are better this year. AFC CG- Colts 38, Pats 34. Are the Colts or Chargers better this year? NE SOOOOO reminders me of the Niners of the 80's and 90's. The balance on all sides of the ball, great QB, outstanding coaching. The Niners didn't win it every year BUT 10 NFC championship games in 16 years? Is it starting to look familiar?

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Perhaps you didn't read the disclaimer on the prospectus: "Past performance is not a guarantee of future results".

Brady will be embroiled in a love scandal involving a Lithuanian pole dancer and a goat. Belichick will decide at mid-season he's burnt out and join an ashram in northern Oregon. Randy Moss will be busted in a dogfight/drug ring with Michael Vick. And the Patriots go 7-9.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Perhaps you didn't read the disclaimer on the prospectus: "Past performance is not a guarantee of future results".

Brady will be embroiled in a love scandal involving a Lithuanian pole dancer and a goat. Belichick will decide at mid-season he's burnt out and join an ashram in northern Oregon. Randy Moss will be busted in a dogfight/drug ring with Michael Vick. And the Patriots go 7-9.

That was good.

The only question I have about this team is, does Seau have anything left in the tank? Niners corrolation, Ken Norton Jr. and he did, although not as old as Seau.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
as much as i hate to say it, being a colts fan, the patriots are gonna win the super bowl. but, in the mean time, GO COLTS

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join