It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Shots, for every rapper you point out with a negative message, I can point out two with a positive message.

Honestly I do not care for rappers so you may be right. You also may be wrong, but one thing I do know for sure the bad ones sure have made the good ones look bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'd like to invite anyone who is looking for an example of a positive artist of the rap/hip hop genre to visit the link in my sig. Even my 60 year old mother likes k-os.

On a topical note, Cam'ron is an idiot and I don't much like his stuff at all, but I'm sure this will get him plenty of publicity.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Honestly I do not care for rappers so you may be right. You also may be wrong, but one thing I do know for sure the bad ones sure have made the good ones look bad.

I think this is one of those misunderstandings that we talked about. It's fair to say you don't care for rap, that's a personal taste. But since you don't know enough rappers, it's a huge statement to say you don't care for rappers.

As for the bad rappers making the good one's look bad, well, I blame the media. If it weren't for companies like Viacom, and ClearChannel, forcing one side of the coin down people's throats, we wouldn't have to worry about people who are unfamiliar with the genre thinking it's nothing but bad morality, and racism.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I cannot believe I this. Haven't rappers got any morals?

Please don't use one man to quantify all rappers. It's like saying "Haven't asian people got any morals" in response to the VT thing.

Wrong. Rappers and the hip hop community not as a whole but generally give a message that the society as a whole finds repugnant.

I don't think it would be obstruction if he just kept his mouth shut. If they asked him, and he lied, that's one thing. Or hid the guy in his basement. But going out of ones way is not required unless ordered by a judge. I could be wrong though.

If you know that a killer is living beside you I think it should be a crime.

1. Have you ever heard a Cam'ron album? What is racist about them specifically?

White people through out hiphop are generally considered “nerdy” or “oppressive” or known as “the man”
But we certenly can add misogynistic to the charge as well.

2. Again, please don't quantify in this way. Who is "them"?

This is an explanation of them “them”, for the hiphop community is the community that preaches this behavior.

* video removed *

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

[edit: removed embedded video containing unacceptable content]
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

1b.) Profanity: You will not ... post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i dont like cam'ron (b/c i dont think he can rap good.) but......I wouldnt help police either. I dont trust them for a variety of reasons... But thats just me.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh, the innocent days of rap, Sugar Hill Gang, Run DMC, Kurtis Blow, Fresh Prince, oh how I long for the old days.....

Let's take a trip down memory lane.........

i said a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat
skiddlee beebop a we rock a scoobie doo
and guess what america we love you
cause ya rock and ya roll with so much soul
you could rock till you're a hundred and one years old
i dont mean to brag i dont mean to boast
but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast
rock it up baby bubbah
baby bubbah to the boogie da bang bang da boogie
to the beat beat, its so unique
come on everybody and dance to the beat

-Sugar Hill Gang (Rapper's Delight)

[edit on 2007/4/19 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ALso with regards to the last part of the OP it sayd that rapper shun police efforts and undermine them and such. There is a reason for that. There have been too many cases of police officers not caring about or trying to solve murders/crimes in certain communities. Often there are cops who are just as bad as criminals. Not ALL but enough. Just my 2cents

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
I wouldnt help police either.

Please take these questions as sincere inquiry and not any type of attack...I'm truly curious:

1) Why not?

2) Would you expect the police to help you if you were in trouble?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Wrong. Rappers and the hip hop community not as a whole but generally give a message that the society as a whole finds repugnant.

I'd like you to back that up with something other than your personal opinion, which seems to be lacking in experience in the field.

If you know that a killer is living beside you I think it should be a crime.

Well good for you, however it's not as far as I know.

This is an explanation of them “them”, for the hiphop community is the community that preaches this behavior.

What? What exactly do you mean by posting that video? Explain it yourself, and please, in your own words.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
First, you must understand that where Cam'ron comes from, snitching is the worst offense one can commit and is usually punishable by death if caught. In the ghetto your word and your honor are the only things that you have. Without those, you will never survive. Secondly, the police are the last people that you trust or go to for help as just about everyone has had nothing but bad experiences with them. If a serial killer were to do something to him or one of his family members, best believe that matters would be taken to the streets and if said killer were to be apprehended, he would probably become a faceless victim of prison brutality. Either way, the code of the streets would be served. I'm not saying that Cam'ron is right or wrong in his thinking but I do understand his stance. He is also correct in thinking that he would lose sales by snitching being that his core audience are mostly drug dealers and hustlers or people who live a street life.
It's a dog eat dog world we live in and you mostly have to look out for your own well being.

Note: I came to this conclusion because I myself sold drugs and was a stickup kid for about 6 yrs. of my life. I also know for a fact that Cam'ron and the rest of the Dipset are really in the streets and live most of what they rap about. Not the kind of people you want to offend.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ugh cam'ron nooooooo I am dissapointed in him
haha im a fan but now damn ..he's dumb.

he sang that one song HEY MA whats up..we gonnaget high tonight..haha

anyway damn i dontknow whatever people have their own opinons but his is down right ignorant. and i agree with whoeveer said wait till it happens to his own family or friends.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

Please take these questions as sincere inquiry and not any type of attack...I'm truly curious:

1) Why not?

2) Would you expect the police to help you if you were in trouble?

I have seen the way police officers can treat certain people. Now once again not ALL police are like this..But a great number are and some of the ones that do good things choose to ignore the actions of the parteners.

2)Honestly No. I mean yeah if if someone s trying to kill me Im going to call the police because thats pretty much your only option...But with that i wont/dont expect much from them.
--I have come to this mindset though my years of seeing the way they treat me and the people I know in a variety of situatons school, work.... I just want to say this so you think Im just blindly following the motto 'F the Police' b/c its a common mindset.

------>Mr Mxyztplk Why dont you show a video discussing the murders of Sean Bell,Amadou Diallo,Fererico Pereira, Michael Stewart ,Nathaniel Louis Gates Jr.,Anthony Rosario, Jose SanchezAlberta Spruil and the sodomization of Abner Louima (just to name a few) as well as other cases. Then you might understand the mistrust of the men in blue

[edit on 4/19/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

[edit on 4/19/2007 by ImpliedChaos]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But since you don't know enough rappers, it's a huge statement to say you don't care for rappers.

No it is not and I do not know where you get off telling me I am wrong. I stated I do not like rappers, I have listened to their music and I do not need to know them as you put it to dislike them. When I say dislike I am refering to their music not them as individuals.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So you dislike rap.

That's what I said.

But saying you dislike rappers is something different entirely.

I'm a rapper, do you dislike me?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dislike rap, and I dislike rappers because of the things they rap about. Is that a problem?

What do YOU "rap" about?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I dont think you should generalize and say you dont like rappers. Not all rappers rap about same things. Like there is a difference between Cam'ron and Common. Until you have heard the whole spectrum of the genre it is not wise generalize. Not saying you cant its just not wise.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

for every rapper you point out with a negative message, I can point out two with a positive message.

So one third are scum? That's a rather high percentage.

Seriously .. I wouldn't use what this fella said as an example of what 'all' rappers think. That would be like taking one person from ATS and saying 'this is what all ATSers post'. That wouldn't make sense, would it?

link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I dislike rap, and I dislike rappers because of the things they rap about. Is that a problem?

What do YOU "rap" about?

Does it matter? You've already made the judgment. Just say you dislike some rappers. That's all I'm looking for.

However, far be it from me to ask you to appease me. It's not my place. Just realize what you are saying when you say it.

link   
I never said I disliked every rapper. I don't care for any rappers, but I only dislike the ones who say the racists things.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's just a downward spiral isn't it. These 'gangsta rappers' don't respect police so the police don't respect the rappers, so the rappers say they won't help the police. You can't really pin the blame on anyone, it's just a pointless stalemate.

You can't say that mainstream rappers don't milk that 'hardcore gangsta f**k the police coz i been shot 50 times and survived' image though. And it doesn't help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join