It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 Live question - UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I presently have a Silver membership (default) on Xbox Live, when trying to put credit card details in to upgrade to Gold, it only accepts US address information, such as state and Zip Code, which obviously being based in the UK, I don't have.

Any ideas?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Koka]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here s a card you can use to get a membership.Just punch in the code and you're off and running(or gaming)Hope this helps!Feel free to send me a friend request if you want.My gamertag is cr0wpruitt on xbox live.Cheers!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
Here s a card you can use to get a membership.Just punch in the code and you're off and running(or gaming)Hope this helps!Feel free to send me a friend request if you want.My gamertag is cr0wpruitt on xbox live.Cheers!

Thanks crowpruitt, but I was after the 48hr trial option before comitting myself to a years worth.

Which games do you play online?

I have GRAW2, Gears of War, PGR3, Lost Planet & Crackdown.

I'll be sure to add you to my friends once I join, I used to go online with my PS2 and get thrashed by 5yr olds with too much time on their hands, you're not one of those are you?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nah I'm 38 yrs old and a very casual gamer.I don't have any of the games you listed,but maybe we can try some live arcade games together.BTW,The card I linked you to also comes in 1 and 3 months.Good luck to ya mate.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh,also Koka is your 360 new?If it is you should have a 30 day trial gold membership to live.I'm pretty certain all new 360s have it.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well I found the leaflet which says I should have had gold membership for a month, but when I joined a few months ago I never got gold it just went to silver.

I'll try to contact them, but won't hold out too much hope on getting my free month.

Will let you know how I get on.

I too am an ageing gamer of 42yrs, but still enjoy the gameplay.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I too am an ageing gamer of 42yrs, but still enjoy the gameplay.
We're a dying breed Koka.lol.Be sure to send me a message and friend request when you are up and running.Cheers ,mate

[edit on 22-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I got an xbox360 just over a month ago, and I'm pretty sure that I got my months free gold trial automatically. At first I was puzzled over how I had to go about it as I was expecting to find a code to redeem or some sort of instruction with the manual, but in the end I think it was just a case of registering my xbox live account and selecting silver membership, and the trial gold membership just kind of turned up I think?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i got a normal x-box before x-box 360 and it was supposed 2 come with 2 controlers and some x-box live tima, my live time was expired so i never got it and it only came with 1 controler, microsoft i hate them

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I can see where you are coming from Outrider.Many folks are dishing out 400+ dollars for a 360 only to have them crap out on them.I myself am on my 2nd 360 ,if this one dies thats it.I'll get a wii.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well I think my free trial is a gonna, so have gotten a 3 month Gold to see how I get on.

Won my first race on PGR3, then got progressively worse.

Couldn't connect with Crackdown.

Not sure I'm gonna enjoy getting my ass kicked.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt
I can see where you are coming from Outrider.Many folks are dishing out 400+ dollars for a 360 only to have them crap out on them.I myself am on my 2nd 360 ,if this one dies thats it.I'll get a wii.

my X-Box was the original, special edition and nothing except extra memory came with it, i was upset because i didnt get my extra controler or X-Box live time

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This may be a bit late, but maybe this page will help:

www.xbox.com...

top topics

join